Its all good until..BOOM!
Oct 6, 2015
York PA
Last edited:

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
I just mentioned the HSP one just so you are aware of it if you weren't before Lol. I was right on the price though, you got the powder coated one there. That's and extra $20. I wasn't figuring any shipping of course... I think the price is pretty high as well, but I think it has to do with supply and demand.

Supply and demand... You can get the exact identical one from amazon for 14 bucks...

OregonDMAX

Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Maybe not but you wouldn't know until you measured it or asked them. Just nt something I would gamble for such a high price tag.

HSP Diesel

Jun 24, 2013
Romeo, MI
The oem lml driver side dipstick was $14 dollars off amazon free 2 day prime shipping from amazon. It was for a 2014 Chevy 3500.

I want to say no offence but I'm not going to. All those companies that sell those dipsticks for 100+ are straight up ripping people off.

You would be surprised to know our cost, it is much more than you would think. We're not trying to rip anyone off, if it's not sold for that price, there is no point in us making it. It doesn't require any modifications to fit and clears the glow plug controllers.

lil bleur

Its all good until..BOOM!
Oct 6, 2015
York PA
You would be surprised to know our cost, it is much more than you would think. We're not trying to rip anyone off, if it's not sold for that price, there is no point in us making it. It doesn't require any modifications to fit and clears the glow plug controllers.
Thanks for the clarification!:thumb:

OregonDMAX

Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Not sure I understand, is this something you made or did it start life as an OEM dipstick... What is the difference between it and OEM? Now I'm not trying to be a dick I am really curious as to why it costs so much.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
I don't see how leaving the gpcm in stock location with that pia bracket is worth $100+.
$15 and a simple relocation makes more sense to me.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Thanks for the part number guys. Was going to order Amazon until I called my gm supplier.

Should be here Friday :thumb:

weazel

Oct 5, 2011
Mason, TX
I did this swap a few weekends ago. (Thanks btw to all the part numbers and info!) I cut off 6 1/4" of the lml tune. The stock lly trans dipstick tip is even with the opening of the tube. Is this what everyone else's looks like also? If it does I'll leave it alone. But if not, I'm going to grab an lml stick also and cut it down to work with the tube...