LBZ Drivers side Dipstick ??

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
I don't have a part # handy but I ordered on for a 2014 2500HD lml off amazon and then I measured my old one and took off the difference off the top of the new one

On my lb7 I had to move the gpcm but the new location is so much better.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
I'll get it tomorrow. Mine is in the garage and should still have the p/n on it. Got the stick too.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
I don't have a part # handy but I ordered on for a 2014 2500HD lml off amazon and then I measured my old one and took off the difference off the top of the new one

On my lb7 I had to move the gpcm but the new location is so much better.
Where did you move the gpcm to? Also curious as to why you went with a drivers side? My pass side fit with profab manifolds and up pipes wrapped in levi's blankets and a 3" downpipe wrapped I'm heat wrap. Well I guess I had to bend it back a smidge

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

OregonDMAX

Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Where did you move the gpcm to? Also curious as to why you went with a drivers side? My pass side fit with profab manifolds and up pipes wrapped in levi's blankets and a 3" downpipe wrapped I'm heat wrap. Well I guess I had to bend it back a smidge

Dunno what lbz gpcm is like but mine is tied into some fuel lines and some harness brackets. I cut up and removed all that faggotry and bolted it to the firewall on an existing stud. I'll have to snap a pic its pretty clean if I do say so myself.

As for the dipstick i ordered it even before i did the downpipe because I didn't even want to mess with it. It should be on the driver side from the factory IMO.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.

This is where some move them to on an LBZ.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 97

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
Keep in mind when bending any dipstick tube or pipe you be lengthening the pipe "per se" thus when you bring the fluid up to the existing mark you will have too much fluid...

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
This is where some move them to on an LBZ.
Well hell I like that alot more than the spot it's in now.
Keep in mind when bending any dipstick tube or pipe you be lengthening the pipe "per se" thus when you bring the fluid up to the existing mark you will have too much fluid...
It moved back maybe 1/2" I'd guess maybe a whole 1/16 of fluid level change if that

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Ha forgot.
I'll be home Tuesday night and I'll make a reminder in my phone.

OregonDMAX

Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
The oem lml driver side dipstick was $14 dollars off amazon free 2 day prime shipping from amazon. It was for a 2014 Chevy 3500.

I want to say no offence but I'm not going to. All those companies that sell those dipsticks for 100+ are straight up ripping people off.