L5P L5P Tuning

blackLTZ

May 6, 2016
South Texas!
For might have some pretty cool features like the seat that gives u massages birds eye view, but at the end resell value ita not the greatest on my opinion...

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
Personally think the new platinums are pretty dang sexy. Nothing will ever ride like a duramax tho. God forbid we talk about Cummins ride. Oh wait... just acquired one :roflmao:

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
This just popped up. I'm not sure if their tuning is something new or not.
6d8c027fe994395f965d2a08a89f30a1.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Im not sure if Id trust anything from that company, so to anyone thinking about it be careful...

Last edited:

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
Looks like a sensor spoofing setup. Which can work pretty decent if done correctly. But I'm betting those "other" boys actually cracked the ecu processor to get what was needed. Then it's, back to your regularly scheduled programing...
:thumb:

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Looks like a sensor spoofing setup. Which can work pretty decent if done correctly. But I'm betting those "other" boys actually cracked the ecu processor to get what was needed. Then it's, back to your regularly scheduled programing...
:thumb:

I believe it’s just another pressure box.

joshd472

Oct 10, 2016
For might have some pretty cool features like the seat that gives u massages birds eye view, but at the end resell value ita not the greatest on my opinion...

3/4 tons don’t bc until the 6.7 a powerstroke was about as reliable as the government. Price I just F150 against a 1500 though. F150 hold their value well.

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
Not sure where y’all are getting pricing from... I can’t afford either. Lol they both are around the same prices around here for a similarly equipped truck. Cheapest I’ve found a 6.7 was a crew short 4wd 2011 with a salvage title for 23 grand. Lean title that truck is still well over 30 in these parts.

BUST'EM 504

Oct 7, 2009
I made the jump and I like my ford. If the this tuning thing isn’t a spoof. I’m buying a 19 work truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Im not sure if Id trust anything from that company, so to anyone thinking about it be careful...

That’s what I was thinking, but I haven’t paid much attention to new tuning options since the LML came out. They claim to have 13 world records....

Novak

SQUIRREL TRYN TO GET A NUT
Jun 15, 2015
Cloud 9, IDAHO
agreed ford diesel truck don't have near the resale value of a duramax

No where near. I think Rob got 40 out of his LML and it was a 13’? Nothing special or outlandish either, just a juiced up daily driver with a big steel bumper and all emissions stuff still intact.

blackLTZ

May 6, 2016
South Texas!
No where near. I think Rob got 40 out of his LML and it was a 13’? Nothing special or outlandish either, just a juiced up daily driver with a big steel bumper and all emissions stuff still intact.

I got 35 for my 12 lml.

IdahoRob

Jun 5, 2007

41,750.00 but only had 50k miles and was babied...lol

I Installed the new Banks module on my 2018 L5P and it made 48hp above stock. Dyno curve looked really good, made HP gains across the rpm range. Speed limiter is still there though.

The truck was ready for regen when i put it on the rollers and in fact went into regen when testing out the different levels of the Banks. So i'll put it back on the rollers and see if a clean DPF makes a difference.

Going to the track tomorrow to see what it runs. I weighed it empty the other day and it is 8200lbs with lift and 35" tires but other than that completely stock. I'm racing my pro car, so my 17 year old daughter will be racing the L5P off of idle. Should still have mph numbers. I'll post up numbers but my daughter is not experienced, so may not be very impressive.

Should be a fun day, my 18 year old son is running his 5.3 LS turbo 1999 Camaro, my wife is racing our 2000 SS manual trans Camaro, Daughter racing the L5P and i'm racing my 55 Chevy.

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC

I Installed the new Banks module on my 2018 L5P and it made 48hp above stock. Dyno curve looked really good, made HP gains across the rpm range. Speed limiter is still there though.

The truck was ready for regen when i put it on the rollers and in fact went into regen when testing out the different levels of the Banks. So i'll put it back on the rollers and see if a clean DPF makes a difference.

Going to the track tomorrow to see what it runs. I weighed it empty the other day and it is 8200lbs with lift and 35" tires but other than that completely stock. I'm racing my pro car, so my 17 year old daughter will be racing the L5P off of idle. Should still have mph numbers. I'll post up numbers but my daughter is not experienced, so may not be very impressive.

Should be a fun day, my 18 year old son is running his 5.3 LS turbo 1999 Camaro, my wife is racing our 2000 SS manual trans Camaro, Daughter racing the L5P and i'm racing my 55 Chevy.
Rob your family is a family I would love to hang out with.

Novak

SQUIRREL TRYN TO GET A NUT
Jun 15, 2015
Cloud 9, IDAHO

Are you racing the el Camino anymore?