L5P L5P Tuning

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
Can't do much with it though, maybe delete it, turbo is a cork. Power won't be much more than stock from what I've been told about the Borg turbo. Mark better get busy with a new snail for it...:)

M.A.M.

Jan 9, 2016
Ohio
Wasn’t mark talking about a drop in turbo already awhile back?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Has mike or Evan played with the trans yet? I was thinking about this the other night. Was wondering if they made more power with a solid trans. Or if they even pull power like a Lml

D1rty-max

Spare some change?
Jul 16, 2015
Longview, TX
Can't do much with it though, maybe delete it, turbo is a cork. Power won't be much more than stock from what I've been told about the Borg turbo. Mark better get busy with a new snail for it...:)

Ill be curious how much they can get out of that turbo, sucks GM started using such small turbos on the trucks since the lml. If only it was something like the 6.7l ford turbo on the 15-present trucks.

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
Has mike or Evan played with the trans yet? I was thinking about this the other night. Was wondering if they made more power with a solid trans. Or if they even pull power like a Lml

We pulled the trans out of my 17 last summer out at Suncoast and went through it and had some shafts made up. Not many changes to the majority of trans but the 2001-2016 converters will not work with out swapping out the stator support and input shaft. Suncoast already has converter options for them being made up though so no need. I will say oddly enough even stock my c1’s and c3’s were hot spotted pretty bad.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
We pulled the trans out of my 17 last summer out at Suncoast and went through it and had some shafts made up. Not many changes to the majority of trans but the 2001-2016 converters will not work with out swapping out the stator support and input shaft. Suncoast already has converter options for them being made up though so no need. I will say oddly enough even stock my c1’s and c3’s were hot spotted pretty bad.

Did you put any goodies back in your trans? Was curious if it picked up any power with just a trans build. I wouldn’t think it would unless the ecm was pulling power.

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
I don’t see why the turbo won’t support 500/1000. Yea it is smaller than I would like but these heads flow a lot of air. I could be wrong but I would like to find out :D

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
Did you put any goodies back in your trans? Was curious if it picked up any power with just a trans build. I wouldn’t think it would unless the ecm was pulling power.

No it was still a disconnected feeling turd I traded it in for my Hellcat and got another 15.5 Denali. I wouldn’t want that truck back even if there was tuning.

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
I'm surprised to hear that. My buddy just bought an 18 and for a stock truck I was very impressed by it.

Everyone I know that owned one now has traded them in and most ended up happy in a new ford oddly enough. Power is great but the engine and trans act like they are talking to each other in two different languages. I’m sure some people are happy with them but i talk to be almost daily who are not. I couldn’t get rid of mine fast enough.

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
Vendor/Sponsor
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
Yes, I have turbo sitting on the shelf ready to test but haven't found a truck to put it on because like many we are probably getting rid of ours too. Someone local want to be the first to try it I won't charge any labor to install and dyno it to see what the gains are with it. You just pay for the turbo and it is a brand new one.

NinjaMax

WTF!
Oct 3, 2012
Severance, Colorado
Everyone I know that owned one now has traded them in and most ended up happy in a new ford oddly enough. Power is great but the engine and trans act like they are talking to each other in two different languages. I’m sure some people are happy with them but i talk to be almost daily who are not. I couldn’t get rid of mine fast enough.

This is my biggest complaint, that's a great way of saying it. The transmissions in these new trucks act different every time I start it up. Does a weird hang shift around 28 mph, super doggy sometimes trying to pass, then next time it'll take off like a rocket..its like it goes from 280hp to 450hp at random times. Gotta be a way to fix it...

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
This is my biggest complaint, that's a great way of saying it. The transmissions in these new trucks act different every time I start it up. Does a weird hang shift around 28 mph, super doggy sometimes trying to pass, then next time it'll take off like a rocket..its like it goes from 280hp to 450hp at random times. Gotta be a way to fix it...

You are exactly right. I gave mine the finger as I drove away in my hellcat :rofl: literally said f?ck you to it and off I went. I love my 15.5 though.

Last edited: