L5P L5P Tuning

Novak

SQUIRREL TRYN TO GET A NUT
Jun 15, 2015
Cloud 9, IDAHO
How much power do you think the L5P can hold? The threshold has been 650 imo but obviously we’ve seen more for drag trucks and smart tuning but that’s pretty much where all bets are off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

monster50iii

Dec 5, 2014
We just got b20 here in mn, and I swear my truck now smokes alot more at idle in the mornings. I imagine it will send trucks with dog filters into regen alot more

Hambone

Always learning
Jan 24, 2016
Florida
Hey y’all should not be running any bio mix fuel in these trucks or anything with a dpf
It’s a sure fire way to clog them up quick
We found out the hard way that one of our guys was filling up his welder with race trac fuel which here in FL they are bio blended and it munked it up
:(

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
How much power do you think the L5P can hold? The threshold has been 650 imo but obviously we’ve seen more for drag trucks and smart tuning but that’s pretty much where all bets are off.

engine wise? im betting 800+ but we wont know till an engine is transplanted or tuning happens.

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
Hey y’all should not be running any bio mix fuel in these trucks or anything with a dpf
It’s a sure fire way to clog them up quick
We found out the hard way that one of our guys was filling up his welder with race trac fuel which here in FL they are bio blended and it munked it up
:(

Unfortunately, thats all thats available at the pump in some areas.

In CA, the pump's say may contain up to 20% bio.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Let’s start a betting pot....

lmao, im game. i was being conservative though. ill put $20 on it that it can hold 1000rwhp down a track for a few passes before it spits a piston. thats on good actual ecm tuning though :D

Hambone

Always learning
Jan 24, 2016
Florida
Yep, and I haven’t seen any issues from it. We don’t have a ton of trucks running on it though.

I should also mention they technically “can run up to b20”
We all know how engineers are though and how it looks great on paper...like the rest of the emissions :roflmao:

Has anyone used any dpf cleaner products with luck? Most everyone here probably just deals with the problem the “other” way:thumb:

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
lmao, im game. i was being conservative though. ill put $20 on it that it can hold 1000rwhp down a track for a few passes before it spits a piston. thats on good actual ecm tuning though :D

So basically like an lbz...:roflmao:

I think the material removed from heads will cause issues with sealing at high power levels. I've heard GM locked it down bc they know the weak links and don't want any bad press floating around until they are figured out. Then we may get the tuning options we want...

Novak

SQUIRREL TRYN TO GET A NUT
Jun 15, 2015
Cloud 9, IDAHO

I’ll put $20 on 850 to the ground for a daily driving time bomb

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
Yep, and I haven’t seen any issues from it. We don’t have a ton of trucks running on it though.

Yeah those trucks are rated for B20 so that shouldn't cause any DPF issues. BioD produces less soot than regular D1/2 and should actually regin less often.

Now I have seen some DPF issues running higher amounts of BioD. Once on a Jetta, and switching to straight D1/2 every 3 or 4 tanks fills activated a regin cycle and resolved it. It was thinking car was deleted case DPF pressures never changed.. lol

I quit producing fuel, and only ran pre-dpf vehicles because of knows "quarks" with the whole dpf design and BioD. It was like some purposely engineered them to NOT like biofuels...

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
So basically like an lbz...:roflmao:

I think the material removed from heads will cause issues with sealing at high power levels. I've heard GM locked it down bc they know the weak links and don't want any bad press floating around until they are figured out. Then we may get the tuning options we want...

I guess I need to go back and look at the engine pics