L5P L5P Tuning

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
Nick can tune the shit out of these trucks, I've just felt like the L5P became part of our community...:hug:

Only thing is... I've never heard anything good about HPtuners and Duramax?

Not knocking HPtuners bc that's how my LS is tuned...;)

Aug 31, 2018
So what should we be doing to our trannies in preparation for this? Dummy solenoid enough? Or should we be going for better TC too?

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
So what should we be doing to our trannies in preparation for this? Dummy solenoid enough? Or should we be going for better TC too?

01-16 converters won’t work which makes things a pain in the ass . Constant pressure will help though. I was able to abuse my stock L5P enough in 15,000 miles to hurt c3’s and oddly enough c1’s. Suncoast and I went through it and made up a converter for them last July in anticipation for the tuning being available as it was only a matter of time.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
01-16 converters won’t work which makes things a pain in the ass . Constant pressure will help though. I was able to abuse my stock L5P enough in 15,000 miles to hurt c3’s and oddly enough c1’s. Suncoast and I went through it and made up a converter for them last July in anticipation for the tuning being available as it was only a matter of time.

How much horse pressure were you putting through it? I’ve heard 540 is the limit of the stock turbo but that’s banks saying that.

rmallen30

Aug 12, 2009
hillsboro ohio
Well , crap I didn’t think the tuning was going to happen so I went ahead and did the banks derringer on mine. I wander what the price point will be?

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2018

Wow, not liking that news.
Duramax/Allison newbie here... what are c3 &c1’s?
I’ve noticed some odd shifts on mine. 3200 miles. The worst was the other night I was getting on the highway and as I was leaving the entry ramp, I rolled it on and suddenly if felt like the TC locked and unlocked like 5 times in about a 1/2 second.
It was like bang bang bang bang bang, before I was able to let off, then back to normal. Weird...

M.A.M.

Jan 9, 2016
Ohio
I’ve had some weird stuff going on with the shifts in my L5P... tows 100% of the time, and I don’t baby it... the TC will unlock, and lock right back up again when it’s downshifting sometimes. 5-4 is worst, 4-3 does it sometimes... would a suncoast converter take care of that, or will tuning be needed to fix it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
Wow, not liking that news.
Duramax/Allison newbie here... what are c3 &c1’s?
I’ve noticed some odd shifts on mine. 3200 miles. The worst was the other night I was getting on the highway and as I was leaving the entry ramp, I rolled it on and suddenly if felt like the TC locked and unlocked like 5 times in about a 1/2 second.
It was like bang bang bang bang bang, before I was able to let off, then back to normal. Weird...

He is referring to clutch packs. C3 clutches are used in reverse, 3rd and 5th gear. C1 is applied from 1st - 4th.

Aug 31, 2018

Link goes nowhere
c0376f22e2f71e9c409f78178516fe1c.png

Trimox

Aug 31, 2017
Works for me but I'm on a desktop. Just google "clutch pack apply allison 1000" and it should be right at the top. It is a pdf so don't know if your phone will open it.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
There “modified” tune was probably just recalibrating the speedo for tire size....lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GMC_2002_Dmax

The Still Master
Hopefully this is not the same as the 17-18 Colorado's..........;)

Most tuners discovered and then discontinued support for Colorado after 2016 as certain issues were not able to be overcome.

Hoping it is not the case, and it may not be any issue at all with a non-deleted truck, as pink Slippers most likely tuned it with all systems on and functioning...........:baby:

We shall see if the L5P is the same problem as the 17-18 Colorado was when stuff starts falling off the vehicle.

:(