L5P L5P Tuning

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
I'm worried that stock files flash because they have proper signatures, so they might now actually be any closer to flashing custom tuning than before. All they've done is clone the data stream of a MDI.

I hope I'm wrong and just cynical...

Sent from my Cat S60 using Tapatalk

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
51682a377c520acf84f5745cfaa2698a.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

duramaxnate

Professional Amateur
Feb 18, 2014
Norco, CA
www.mcfooracing.com
I will bet when and if someone releases performance tuning for the L5Ps they will be getting visits by some unfriendly people. One being GM, They are waiting to sue ANYONE that goes and cracks their encryption on their calibration. GM doesn't want the aftermarket viewing whats in the ECM.

The Diesel performance industry as a business is dying very slowly.
BUT they hobby won't go away. It will be harder for some of us to compete but will still be doable.

I would have thought Rob getting hit would have been a wake up call to some....guess not.

But time will tell

Last edited:

Chavez91

People Go Outside?
May 30, 2012
Heh. Wouldn't you like to know
I will bet when and if someone releases performance tuning for the L5Ps they will be getting visits by some unfriendly people. One being GM, They are waiting to sue ANYONE that goes and cracks their encryption on their calibration. GM doesn't want the aftermarket viewing whats in the ECM.

BUT they hobby won't go away. It will be harder for some of us to compete but will still be doable.

I would have thought Rob getting hit would have been a wake up call to some....guess not.

But time will tell

Y'all have been reading to much of the trash turbowizard on DF has been posting.

henery97

Apr 4, 2011
Nebraska

But time will tell

From my understanding the ecm code is NOT encrypted. The function of the SHA is to make sure there are no non gm approved code changes made, but as far as actual “tuning” code related to engine operation is not encrypted. The “private” key that the hash algorithm checks against is encrypted though..someone correct if I am wrong this is just my understanding of it from reading about it for the last year or so.

But HPTuners claims to have flashed in a non-stock calibration, so they must have found a way to come up with the correct hash or defeat it all together, which is a win for everybody!!:thumb:

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
If the people/companies cracking the L5P are within US borders, I would recommend they be careful, as Nate alluded to. Kory and that other company bragging on social media like they are is just putting a target on their own backs.....a very costly target at that. Be careful, guys.

Aint it great living in the Land of the Free? You know, where we really arent b/c of big business?

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
If the people/companies cracking the L5P are within US borders, I would recommend they be careful, as Nate alluded to. Kory and that other company bragging on social media like they are is just putting a target on their own backs.....a very costly target at that. Be careful, guys.

Aint it great living in the Land of the Free? You know, where we really arent b/c of big business?

Do you really think they haven’t thought about all angles before doing something like this and with the millions involved their just going to wing it? You’d be amazed at how in depth Kory is into every aspect of this stuff.

Hambone

Always learning
Jan 24, 2016
Florida
I just watched the video of the Hptunes rolling the truck on the dyno and it looked an awful lot like Nick Priegnitz from Duramaxtuner in the drivers seat?

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
Santa dropped me a totally unrelated zip file couple days ago. It was better than Christmas morning for the CANbus and custom marine stuff I do. Then I got a look at Santa, and can safely say, this L5P shit is done...

Yes it's gonna take a little time to get tables and stuff all mapped out, but I no longer question the rest. Just feel proud to see the techie crowd and gear heads coming together.

Let that be a lesson to ya Detroit..

:spit:

Hambone

Always learning
Jan 24, 2016
Florida
Dang it now I got to start saving for a new truck...
very thankful for all the hard work from the diesel performance community that is making this possible!:thumb:
I will gladly pay whatever they want for their hard work:D

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Do you really think they haven’t thought about all angles before doing something like this and with the millions involved their just going to wing it? You’d be amazed at how in depth Kory is into every aspect of this stuff.
Never said anything about "winging it" Evan...I was talking more about the way they are announcing every new discovery on social media. Those things are read by the a-holes in govt, too. Would hate for someone else to get shut down and fined like the others.

Aug 31, 2018
Santa dropped me a totally unrelated zip file couple days ago. It was better than Christmas morning for the CANbus and custom marine stuff I do. Then I got a look at Santa, and can safely say, this L5P shit is done...

Yes it's gonna take a little time to get tables and stuff all mapped out, but I no longer question the rest. Just feel proud to see the techie crowd and gear heads coming together.

Let that be a lesson to ya Detroit..

:spit:

Woot Woot!!!!