Job

GeneralTJI

Turbo Todd
Jun 1, 2010
Colorado
Network Admin for a state organization that works with smaller school districts in the country (we are no diff. than a school basically). There are 4 of us in the IT department, we do a lot of other things with the schools too.

Pay sucks for IT work....

Benefits are awesome!, no bonuses but we get a LOT of cool perks (every tech need you can think of is met and then some, including stuff at home because I have to work remotely from home quite often)

I have a company car (it's a beater but hey... I'm thankful to have it)

Best people I have worked with, been there around 5 /12 years... spent almost 5 years at the Post Office before this... money was pretty decent but it sucked horribly working there.

Vasbinder

Dec 19, 2008
Floresville, Texas
I'm a machinist or millright at a power plant working on coal and gas turbines and all the pumps. Somethings always breaks and something new to fix everyday.

wes06dmax

Feb 23, 2009
South Central Kentucky
Im a carpenter for our small community pretty much build stuff for all the local ppl, shade tree mechanic, and help my neighbors friends and family with there farms hay, corn, soy beans, tobacco and cows, and help my brother with his BBQ on the weekends when he needs a break or gets behind, just whatever I can do to make a dollar

wsmithduramax

<--- Home Made!
May 4, 2009
Windsor, CO
Been working at a GM dealer for about 5 years total, and turned wrenches/sprayed bedliners for 3 years. But like the parts business more, just wish things would pick up:confused:

Devon

broke my curse
May 2, 2010
Hinsdale ma
I'm a younger guy, just a few years out of highschool,decided not to go to college yet, not sure if I want to. I work full time for a paper mill as a calendar machine operator,get paid pretty well,especially for what I do.work alot of hours and swingshift but I don't mind one bit. Awsome benefits aswell. Gets the bills paid and leaves room for the truck mods lol..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
I break shit.

I'm a supervisor for a demolition contractor. Been running heavy equipment for 10 years doing excavation and demo work. Have a Class A CDL and done some heavy hauling. Grew up farming and building houses.

Attachments

• DSC00420.jpg
    DSC00420.jpg
    989.6 KB · Views: 16
  • CIMG1630.jpg
    CIMG1630.jpg
    375.5 KB · Views: 14

MadMaxx61

Devilmaxx
Oct 13, 2008
Windsor, Ont, Canada
I am Red Seal General Machinist, Looking at Millwright as I just need to do the test.

I have been in the trade since 2002 and have worked on lots of thing from plastic injection molds, blow molds, multi-stage sampling dies, dies, oil field, Aerospace and military ect.

Right now I do a lot of work for Haliburton at my shop I would say 75% of what I do is for them.

Rest is a mix of everything from car/tank/plane/helicopter and more.

Most military work is not the most fun well the stuff we do as we have a guy that has to watch you do everything you do all chips must be accounted for and weighed to make sure they get back 100% of the material that they have us make parts with.

I have worked with the best of the best machines and some of the worst out there.

Right now I run 3 good mid to upper machines most shifts. They are made by Mori Seiki all 3 are lathes. Two are CNC Lathe with Live Tooling (Can mill too), One has a Y-axis.

For The oil field guys if you use Halliburton (Sperry-Sun) I can bet I have made a part you have used.

FullSpec

Served cold.
Apr 6, 2009
local food distributor in central colorado.
My Wife and I help small local companies grow larger so they outgrow us and get screwed by future investors and or larger distributors like DPI/UNFI :thumb:

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
Degree in M.E. Own a machine shop with my old man.

But I'm a Machinist wanna be!! Trying to learn all I can.

06blackmax

May 21, 2010
Ramer,TN.
I run my father-in-laws forklift repair shop here in west TN. Company has been around for over 25 years, I've been there for 15. He's getting ready to retire so I don't know whats going to happen. Would be nice to take over, but we'll see. Before that I've done everything from new and used car sales at a Chevy dealership to running my own used car lot for a while. Also was as asst. mgr for Autozone also was a gloryfied bookeeper/payroll asst. for Waste Mgmt. of TN. Even worked at wal-mart last two years of high school and two years of college. I've done some things that I'd go back and do again and some I wouldn't.

camomax

pushing the limits
Nov 5, 2008
Florida
I own a small heating and cooling business in central Ohio. Been doing this crap since I could walk. The work truck works well as a back up when the real truck is blown up.:D

Attachments

• worktruck.jpg
    worktruck.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 58

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Under Balance Drilling

I flare off natural gas and seperate oil from water and drill fluid,While a drilling rig drills a hole in the ground.

Heading to Indo in a few days to work a 45 day stretch in camp and eat some fish head soup with a side of fish head...mmmmmm:D

The money is OK it pays 800.00 US/Day.....The job use to excite me, but now its only exciting when there are issues:(

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
Under Balance Drilling

I flare off natural gas and seperate oil from water and drill fluid,While a drilling rig drills a hole in the ground.

Heading to Indo in a few days to work a 45 day stretch in camp and eat some fish head soup with a side of fish head...mmmmmm:D

The money is OK it pays 800.00 US/Day.....The job use to excite me, but now its only exciting when there are issues:(

36k for 45 days work? Were do I sign up:D

SteveFord

What's Next?
May 8, 2008
Iowa
I've been a plumber since I graduated high shcool in 1993. Been doing it for 18 years. Been a supervisor at 2 companies for friends and helped them get going. Went on my own this past year as I decided to stop bettering eveyone else and better myself and family so now a small business owner. Should have done it a long time ago but better late than never. All my trucks I've had was and are used for work. Have a 06 dmax van now so the truck doesn't get used as much anymore. Having the name Ford Plumbing and owning three GM products and no Fords get alot of attention lol!!

Randy5.0, I use to help him work on his race car and got paid by a tatoo on my arm. Far better race car driver than tatoo artist:joker:

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
36k for 45 days work? Were do I sign up:D

I have offered many people on this site jobs....No one has taken it.

you start out at maybe 65000/year and work sorda hard.

Its a shit life! But i tried getting a different career and found that im addicted to money:D:(

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
I have offered many people on this site jobs....No one has taken it.

you start out at maybe 65000/year and work sorda hard.

Its a shit life! But i tried getting a different career and found that im addicted to money:D:(

Oh well, 65k won't cover my bills for the year, much less my toys:) But for $800.00 a day I could spend my winter (OFF) months doing something like that:thumb: