Job

kjp800

-
Aug 6, 2008
New Jersey
I'm a semi-professional race car driver AND an amateur tatto artist.:coolspot:

:spit::spit::spit: thats great

I'm a firefighter as my full time job. Work part time as a sales rep for Pierce Mfg. (Fire apparatus builder). When I'm not doing that I'm at the farm either driving or turning wrenches. And when I'm really bored I go back to my old job as a John Deere tech to help in the shop when they're busy

Sledhead

Mountain Pass Machine
Nov 29, 2008
BC
Electrical Instructor for the local polytechnical institute. It was a long road but I'm happy now :thumb:

Akdiesel

IFS Hater
Aug 23, 2009
Fairbanks
I actually went to school to get my aircraft A&P license (aircraft mechanic) right out of highschool, started a month before the twin towers got hit, and the airlines started laying off, i decided i was going to go ahead and finish school. About a month before i got out i was talking to some people, and they said i should go apply for the IUEC cause they would like my schooling that i had been through. So i did, it was about a 6 month process getting hired on, but when i finally got an interview with the union, i was called in to work the next day and had to go through a 4 year apprenticeship.

I wish the airline industry wouldnt have took a fall like it did, i really enjoy airplanes, and everything about them. But i enjoy my job now quite a bit, elevators are pretty interesting themselves, and you learn somthing new everyday. Ive been in the trade for 6 years exactly this month.
That's cool Rob. Worked in the air wing side of the Corps my whole time in so I get the plane fascination and A&P stuff. If I wasn't color blind id be a mechanic on our aircraft but since the USMC won't let me do that I chose Intelligence. Which sure is interesting on deployment...just boring in the States :rofl: But the clearance/9 years exp. Ill have should hold weight if I get out this time

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
I run a large dairy farm with my family. We milk 850 Jersey Cows(dry/milking). Raise 400 Jersey steers, and have about 500-600 replacement heifers. We run around 1000 acres, but our harvest equipment runs across about 1800-2000. We do a little bit of custom harvesting, I would like to get into more of it, but we need to get things settled down a little bit right now before that. In the winter we do some snow removal but are looking into purchasing a snowblower for the front of one of our tractors and contracting with the city and county to move snow for them with it.

I work on trucks on the side for some extra dollars and because I like doing it.

bluessmax

Tabasco Injected!
Nov 4, 2010
Lake Charles, la
I own a small business, I have amusement equipment for rent and also lighting, sound, and staging...I pretty much live at festivals and stuff around here. My family owned a rental company and To let me make extra money to pay for my trucks when they break :) they gave me a space jump to rent, that turned into 23 and slides rock climbing walls and chit like that... Business sucked a little while back but this past year has tremendously picked up.

Osubeaver

Professional Grade
Aug 30, 2008
Oregon
Interesting thread to see what everybody does in real life :D

My brother and I have a machine shop (family business) with a great crew of around 40 folks. Most work is for aircraft electronics, test and measurement, semi-conductor manufacturing, and the firearms industry.

408.Luke

Joined the DARKSIDE
Sep 19, 2009
Houston
Oil Rig mechanic, this is just one of 46 jumping to 60 in feb
IMG_0537.jpg

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
Civil Engineer emphasis on Solid Waste. Yep, I have a trashy job. :rofl: Pun intended. We do design, construction QC, permitting, applications, gas system design & const. qc on that as well.

The firm I work at also does water line engineering - drinking and sewer, treatment plant engineer - drinking and sewer, water sampling, as well as Air Emissions engineering and sampling.

It can be an interesting job at times. Certainly not something people think about all the time.

darkness

Jul 15, 2009
vegas
im an engineer (facilities) at circus circus. been there since '99. i also work at my moms trophy shop part time.

fishsmith

May 14, 2008
Monroe, LA
Our family business is spraying polyurethane foam for pipeline's. We also do seeding and restoration work. All on pipeline. It is interesting at times. Jobs are located all over the United States.

Trotorx2

Sep 21, 2006
Beaumont, Texas
Airframe & Powerplant mechanic. I work on helicopters that fly out to the rigs in the gulf of mexico. Have been working on helicopters in the USMC and civilian since 1973.

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
I work at a diesel performance shop that ive been going to for a few years, only started there a little over 2 years ago. On the weekend I work at discount tire, been working there just over a year. Not somthing I would want to do full time, but it pays well for how little im there.