Job

ku 808

Sep 6, 2010
I am a slave on a derek barge I dredge harbors and build piers heavy lifts for the goverment build break walls and some under water work .....WEEKS MARINE:thumb:

Darius6t9

I'm the Floater. Lurking.
Aug 23, 2008
Rusk, Tx. Again
Was a Correctional Officer for the state of Texas for 12 years. Then my dumb a$$ quit (got burned out and didn't realize how good I had it.) and came up here to anchorage. Went back to college. I have my Professional cert for AutoCAD. Still working on my Bachelor's for Network Technology. While I am going to college full time, I also work at the Nissan dealership as a lubetech. With a bunch of guys about 10 years younger than me and think I don't know squat about cars. Yup. Not to happy with it at the moment. Happy New Year guys. :)

Dalyfarms

Jan 12, 2010
Centrailia Mo
This has been a interesting thread, I have enjoyed it here this morning, I have a small farm, and a small construction co. I raise a few cows, getting back into row cropping this coming year, and am a dealer for Stockade Building. I had a good last week of 2010, sold 2 buildings, one is a 66x150x16, a nice simple building. and beat the competition by 20 thousand. not looking to get rich just enjoy building, and seeing a happy customer.

MrUPS

Mar 18, 2009
Northwest Pa
I handle other peoples packages. Big or small I fondle them all. Working on my 9th year. Its a great job. I love it! Before that I managed the commercial end of an AutoZone and was a service manager for a small used car dealership.

crazycrew

Let's Start A Riot
Oct 3, 2009
S. Louisiana
Control board and process operator at the 4th largest oil refinery in the US. I make your gas and diesel along with many other products. Been there 6 years and plan on retiring w/ them. And NO, I don't get free or discounted fuel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DMAXchris

It’s only temporary!
Apr 28, 2009
Natrona Heights PA
I have a small home maintenance business. I do everything from cutting grass & pressure washing to pouring concrete. I've been doing that for about 5 years while working at a buddies pizza shop when its slow. I also have my Class A CDL and drove tri-axle for a while. As long as I dont have to punch a time clock or have a boss I'm happy.

Big Block 88

Multiple choice muscle
Nov 3, 2008
Kansas when I am home
Worked for the DOD private segment for over 2 years in Baghdad Iraq, as convoy support specailist, tell I was injured and had to come home for emergency surgery...

Now I look for jobs on-line all day everyday trying to get back out in the work force. I'm a welder by trade in the states been doing it since highschool (7 years now) own a small welding fabrication repair businuess out of my shop and the back of my truck. Help with dad's ranch and my sisters farm... Keep all the trucks, trailer and tractors maintianed and runnin And most importantly I'm my girl's shofur <sp?

rcr1978

Apr 1, 2007
Spring Creek, NV
I went to school for what I loved to do, fixing cars. Got a associates in both auto and diesel, tried it for a living and got burnt out on what I loved :( Took a job fixing compressors and blowers 11 years ago and been doing it ever since. I spend most of my time on mine sites servicing/repairing compressors.
This one is a 300hp tandem Sullair, I work on anything from 5hp-1500hp rotary screw, centrifugal, and recip's. Pretty good job, I work out of my house as a remote service guy, no shop no BS just show up and gittr done :D

Attachments

• M5 300.jpg
    M5 300.jpg
    371 KB · Views: 31

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Finished college in may of 09 and worked at DPS as there mechanic for all of northern az while i went to college and for a while after. Finally got a job down in phoenix as assistant manager for spectrum mfg corp in march of 10. We manufacture caulking and grout stains for the ceramic tile industry. Its a small business but the owners are playin right through this slow time and we are only gettin bigger as times goes plus it pays better than mechanics wages :D

JMDuramaxLB7

YOU SAID MEMBER!!!
Jun 3, 2007
Missouri
Work at a commercial print shop. We do everything from envelopes to magazines. One of are major accounts is the American Angus Association. Been in this trade going on 14 years.

trashygasman

Slowly but Surely
Dec 18, 2008
Washington, OK
I work for Haliburton Wireline & Perforating. After a well is drilled, we go in and shoot guns to perforate the casing so the well can produce oil or gas. With the new technology of horizontal wells, we are there the same time that frac (fracturing technologies) is there. They pump acid, sand, and other chemicals downhole to fracture the formation so it can produce. We do these horizontal wells in stages where we will set a plug, then shoot our guns. Then they will frac it for a few hours. Frac also has to pump our tools downhole in the horizontal to get them to the right depth. Then we do it all over again. The jobs are anywhere from 7 to 15 stages usually.

Here is a couple pics of our setup. The only things that are ours is the logging truck, crane, and gooseneck trailer. Everyhting else is fracs.
2pzl93r.jpg

335cbkk.jpg

26117cz.jpg

2003 duramax

Feb 16, 2009
I'm a millwright. Have been at the same small company for almost 5 years. I'm the night Foreman in our shop right now. We work on anything thing thats mechanical in plants. Including gas and steam turbine, compressors, and many other things.

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
Construction, been on alot smaller jobs at UK hosipital/college lately. Really wanting to go back and finish school and get a job that suits me better. I was going for diesel tech, and welding but I took some time off because I wanted some money lol