Jkholder's dirty laundry (cleanup from EPR bridge thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Know this is off topic but I spoke with D today. Learned a lot more that I didn't know and decided that I should have a sign made for my dumbass..."Insert foot in mouth" Anyways talked/text got the ordeal figured out quite well. I guess I was frustrated of the truck being down but I learned there aint a point in bashing him its already broke and this just created drama. I mean I/we don't go blow up on the tire manufacturers when we get flat but I digress. D and I have a plan in place...I did learn that whatever happened in the past at Custom Auto he told them that he would take care of all the warranties out of his own pocket. So I must say that he is going to eat a hefty chunk on this and did offer to pay the labor to have it removed/installed here in town. That he didn't have to do so I guess goes to show I have much more learning to do. And he did remind me (I forgot...again ratard moment) that he let me know he was sure the TC had some form of fault.

So the past is behind us and the bashing of D can stop. Even as much as he can drive us all crazy...he still has good morals and is trying to help everyone out here in the diesel community.

That is all...have a wonderful day/night

Weird. Truck sits for a month, you rant on DD and the next day he is all about fixing it?
Not fishy at all.......

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
There was a quote over at Comp that pretty much describes what's happened in the diesel world over the past 3-4 years:

This diesel business has turned into a bunch of greedy back biting shops intent on feeding the masses miss-info and selling oralers their hyped up over priced products. It makes me sick.

Makes a person want to just say "to hell with all this".

matt78

Finally boosted launches
Sep 10, 2012
texas
There was a quote over at Comp that pretty much describes what's happened in the diesel world over the past 3-4 years:

Makes me feel lucky to have a stand up guy help me with everything on my truck, and he is only 45 minutes away.

DIESELMAFIAPER.LB7

<----new hotness
Jan 17, 2010
idaho
shop.dieselmafiaperformance.com

This is very true from a business stand point ive have been thinking of shutting it down from the kinda bs going on. I have a good relation ship with another local shop but the others, meh drama makes it not fun anymore and there die hard loyal customers run there mouths bout things (mine do it to but when I catch them I call them on It and tell them to shut it as they make my life a pita) and create more bs and when you cant go to dinner in another town without something being stired up or my truck getting key sugar dumped in the tank. it makes just pure aggravation

Also everyone is sue happy you have a egr delete that pops the factory bridge = getting sued americans are such stuck up whiny bitches anymore and I personally don't know why anyone is in business for themselves anymore

Last edited:

jkholder09

Jan 8, 2012
Maryland
The bac is spot on with that quote.
And the forums with vendors exacerbate the issue.
Dieselmaiper.lb7
Its a shame you have to live through that. You just need to show the guys why you should be respected. Show them you are more than a keyboard gangster. I am not suggesting anything violent or illegal.

from mobile

DIESELMAFIAPER.LB7

<----new hotness
Jan 17, 2010
idaho
shop.dieselmafiaperformance.com
The bac is spot on with that quote.
And the forums with vendors exacerbate the issue.
Dieselmaiper.lb7
Its a shame you have to live through that. You just need to show the guys why you should be respected. Show them you are more than a keyboard gangster. I am not suggesting anything violent or illegal.

from mobile

I have had plenty of face to face incounters im not just a keyboard jockey;)

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
I have a friend who owns a diesel shop still today. He is not the most popular guy amongst people on this board so ill leave his name out of it. He is the one who got me hooked on diesel performance and (early on) he offered me a lot of advice/guidance. I have always looked up to him in a way with this stuff and hoped one day my truck could run with his and we could go race together and have a blast at events. Just about the time my motor was about to be built, he started to take himself out of the picture as far as competition and promoting his business in places like forums n such. While his business today is doing great and making money, his love of this stuff cooled off and he has found other hobbies he enjoys waaay more than diesel stuff. I'm happy for him whatever he chooses. His life is less stressful now that he doesn't deal with Internet drama and other baggage we have become all too familiar with.

All the nonsense and greedy people looking to cut eachothers throats over money has removed a lot of great people that were once involved in making the sport better.

Trent is not who I was talking about above. I was never a customer of his either but ill never forget how polite and helpful he was over the phone when I was wanting help picking a compound turbo arrangement. His issues are different but from the few times we spoke, he seemed like a great guy.

There are still a lot of great people to enjoy this sport with. Maybe we can all make an effort to help eachother more and not encourage so much public drama. When it comes up in threads maybe we can suggest they take it to PMs or have the moderators try and mediate it so the mess don't bring down our sport. Just a thought, what do you all think?

jkholder09

Jan 8, 2012
Maryland
The drama is worse when you are trying to represent a business.
I am hoping one day I can be just a guy with a truck online. I am happy with my local customer base.
I agree with you dbush. I want my shop to be my shop and racing and forums to be my hobby.

from mobile

BUST'EM 504

Oct 7, 2009
I have a friend who owns a diesel shop still today. He is not the most popular guy amongst people on this board so ill leave his name out of it. He is the one who got me hooked on diesel performance and (early on) he offered me a lot of advice/guidance. I have always looked up to him in a way with this stuff and hoped one day my truck could run with his and we could go race together and have a blast at events. Just about the time my motor was about to be built, he started to take himself out of the picture as far as competition and promoting his business in places like forums n such. While his business today is doing great and making money, his love of this stuff cooled off and he has found other hobbies he enjoys waaay more than diesel stuff. I'm happy for him whatever he chooses. His life is less stressful now that he doesn't deal with Internet drama and other baggage we have become all too familiar with.

All the nonsense and greedy people looking to cut eachothers throats over money has removed a lot of great people that were once involved in making the sport better.

Trent is not who I was talking about above. I was never a customer of his either but ill never forget how polite and helpful he was over the phone when I was wanting help picking a compound turbo arrangement. His issues are different but from the few times we spoke, he seemed like a great guy.

There are still a lot of great people to enjoy this sport with. Maybe we can all make an effort to help eachother more and not encourage so much public drama. When it comes up in threads maybe we can suggest they take it to PMs or have the moderators try and mediate it so the mess don't bring down our sport. Just a thought, what do you all think?

Very well said. I also have a good buddy who wrenches on diesels and offers a ton of help to me and anyone he encounters. I met him on this forum, thats why I love this place. But I also think there are a lot of people capitalizing on the fact that diesel is still a fairly new sport and very expensive. They appeal to people's weaknesses.

Although I think the butchers of the industry should be exposed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
I don't want to come off preachy either. I'd be flat out lying if I said I wasn't glued to reading some of the drama threads. People like drama if you say you don't youre most likely lying. That's why we all tune into TV shows.... Drama.

It is true... People should be warned about bad vendors and shady people out to take advantage in the garage sale section. Too many good honest hardworking people here to watch get hosed.

FC5452

Mar 17, 2013
Eastern PA
I don't really speak much here because I feel intimidated by the vast knowledge a lot of you all have, And I mean that in a Good way. A few here threw me a bone to chew on, which greatly helped my drive to learn, and to see threw all the Hype. I could not begin to repay those few that did, for that I am forever grateful.

I would have to agree with the quote Bac posted and Dbush on the drama side.
The drama in the Diesel sport is way to great. I came into it trying to learn from some of the fastest guys in a flying brick. Kind of disheartening when you here this that and the other thing about this guy and that guy, You get that in every sport, but it really can be over rated at times.
Racing in general is an expensive proposition, and if you're not talented enough to fab your own materials can put you in the toilet real fast, unless you have the connections. Some of this stuff for these trucks are way over rated and unfortunately people like me will get burned a few times and learn a valuable lesson. I Know Open my own fab shop then. I don't have all the skills nor the room to R&D it, so I don't mind when a fabricator that is a more experienced person in this does the work, but how much is to much?
Like I said I'm a new guy here and will be flamed for opening my mouth, but it's ok with me, I can take it :D

jkholder09

Jan 8, 2012
Maryland
How much is too much?

That question could apply to so many subjects in this thread. And I believe that is the question we are all asking/answering in our own way.

from mobile

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
I don't really speak much here because I feel intimidated by the vast knowledge a lot of you all have, And I mean that in a Good way. A few here threw me a bone to chew on, which greatly helped my drive to learn, and to see threw all the Hype. I could not begin to repay those few that did, for that I am forever grateful.

I would have to agree with the quote Bac posted and Dbush on the drama side.
The drama in the Diesel sport is way to great. I came into it trying to learn from some of the fastest guys in a flying brick. Kind of disheartening when you here this that and the other thing about this guy and that guy, You get that in every sport, but it really can be over rated at times.
Racing in general is an expensive proposition, and if you're not talented enough to fab your own materials can put you in the toilet real fast, unless you have the connections. Some of this stuff for these trucks are way over rated and unfortunately people like me will get burned a few times and learn a valuable lesson. I Know Open my own fab shop then. I don't have all the skills nor the room to R&D it, so I don't mind when a fabricator that is a more experienced person in this does the work, but how much is to much?
Like I said I'm a new guy here and will be flamed for opening my mouth, but it's ok with me, I can take it :D

We appreciate your opinions! Don't be nervous to post. The site is much more enjoyable with fresh blood participating in conversation. Don't be a stranger:hug:

lts1ow

Needs moar PAH!
May 14, 2012
NJ
The turbo kit for my car has crummy looking welds, and the exhaust we made for it out the back has some iffy looking welds, but it works great.

However, I certainly do not claim its awesome welding...

This thread confuses me.

Status
Not open for further replies.