Jkholder's dirty laundry (cleanup from EPR bridge thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
I don't really speak much here because I feel intimidated by the vast knowledge a lot of you all have, And I mean that in a Good way. A few here threw me a bone to chew on, which greatly helped my drive to learn, and to see threw all the Hype. I could not begin to repay those few that did, for that I am forever grateful.

I would have to agree with the quote Bac posted and Dbush on the drama side.
The drama in the Diesel sport is way to great. I came into it trying to learn from some of the fastest guys in a flying brick. Kind of disheartening when you here this that and the other thing about this guy and that guy, You get that in every sport, but it really can be over rated at times.
Racing in general is an expensive proposition, and if you're not talented enough to fab your own materials can put you in the toilet real fast, unless you have the connections. Some of this stuff for these trucks are way over rated and unfortunately people like me will get burned a few times and learn a valuable lesson. I Know Open my own fab shop then. I don't have all the skills nor the room to R&D it, so I don't mind when a fabricator that is a more experienced person in this does the work, but how much is to much?
Like I said I'm a new guy here and will be flamed for opening my mouth, but it's ok with me, I can take it :D

Worry about people that answer a question with a sales pitch involving a product they sell. No technical question should be answered with ( MY PRODUCT WILL FIX THIS ) Ask how many transmissions he has built; not his stupid employees. Talk is cheap. Ask for proof. Talk to people that have used this vendor and ask " Would you do this again ".

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Yes all ended well and we are going to get her fixed up and back on the road...my tires will not be happy anymore

After what you have done here I will no longer help you. You can kiss my ass.
In the future; if any of you guys have had your trans done by someone else, call them. If you buy a kit from someone else, call them.
I will no longer take the tech calls from any shop that can't fix their own problems. I am finished being used by people that profit and can not support their product.
I have a hand full of certain quality shops I will help.

FC5452

Mar 17, 2013
Eastern PA
Worry about people that answer a question with a sales pitch involving a product they sell. No technical question should be answered with ( MY PRODUCT WILL FIX THIS ) Ask how many transmissions he has built; not his stupid employees. Talk is cheap. Ask for proof. Talk to people that have used this vendor and ask " Would you do this again ".
I always like hearing from you Mike, Like i told you on one of the many conversations on the telly' I like straight up no BS type of answers, and I don't mind being told when I am way off base, that goes a long ways with me.
Having to decipher the BS and the good is what disparages me, Hence why I am taking my sweet ole time with this truck. You sir are one of those that took the time to help, and I have the utmost respect for those that do the same....

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
Mike has had no reason to help me in recent months yet he has and I'm grateful for his time. Always good to talk with him. I can only imagine how much time he spends on the phone every day answering the same old questions. Must take a lot of patience.

lts1ow

Needs moar PAH!
May 14, 2012
NJ
And I mean hell.. I would rather buy a bullet proof quality product from a grumpy guy than a POS build from a guy promising me sunshine and rainbows.

jkholder09

Jan 8, 2012
Maryland
Now it is obvious. A shop is a vendor here they feel obligated to answer tech. In return they feel entitled to all sales.
Anotger guy answers questions just because he wants to help.
Vendor gets territorial and gets mods involved and his buddies to bash a guy.

No I answer questions and help. I am financially and emotionally secure So at this point it is just being a giving person.

I think I finally got the last piece of the puzzle.

Talk about drama.......

from mobile

jkholder09

Jan 8, 2012
Maryland
He has helped more people than you ever will. He's just sick of clueless people like yourself making a profit off of his knowledge and diagnostic skills.

I would put my skills up against him anyday.

As I said before name calling is a fuetal attemp to win an argument.

Goes for you too its1ow
from mobile

jkholder09

Jan 8, 2012
Maryland
It is obvious you see me as a threat or else you would let my alledged "lack of skill" work itself out.
But you never gave me a chance from day one.

I have never even mentioned my shops name on here. You guys had to drag it out of me.

You guys are the ones promoting my shop not me.
I have always just been here to hang out.

If you have a personal problem mike so be it.
This is your business lets keep it professional

Also members are welcome to track my posting and decide my agenda and if "I have helped". Its a free country and the information age.
from mobile

lts1ow

Needs moar PAH!
May 14, 2012
NJ
The only thing people are promoting about your "shop" is its lackluster products.

Step up, sponsor the site, and see what happens if you are so confident.

jkholder09

Jan 8, 2012
Maryland
Spoken by someone with no personal experience with me and friends with the vendor.
Keep bashing. Like I said mud slinging and name calling is a futile attempt to win a tech argument.

from mobile

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
It is obvious you see me as a threat or else you would let my alledged "lack of skill" work itself out.

I have never even mentioned my shops name on here. You guys had to drag it out of me.

Also members are welcome to track my posting and decide my agenda and if "I have helped". Its a free country and the information age.
from mobile

I see you as a threat because you are a weasel. You are not any kind of threat to me. You don't see me advertising anywhere numbnuts. You are a threat to unsuspecting members. As far as matching your skills to mine; so far you haven't done well. Maybe you're just holding back.
Either way you will be gone.

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ

from mobile

there is no way i'm the only one that thinks this guys red and black wire are touching each other... :screwy:

lts1ow

Needs moar PAH!
May 14, 2012
NJ
Spoken by someone with no personal experience with me and friends with the vendor.
Keep bashing. Like I said mud slinging and name calling is a futile attempt to win a tech argument.

from mobile

Say what? I don't know any of the vendors on here short of me knowing that if I have a trans issue or question, MikeL is usually a great resource on here...

This is the non tech area, so, mud slinging and name calling is where its at.

Moneywellspent

Dec 27, 2013
Idaho
Now it is obvious. A shop is a vendor here they feel obligated to answer tech. In return they feel entitled to all sales.
Anotger guy answers questions just because he wants to help.
Vendor gets territorial and gets mods involved and his buddies to bash a guy.

No I answer questions and help. I am financially and emotionally secure So at this point it is just being a giving person.

I think I finally got the last piece of the puzzle.

Talk about drama.......

from mobile

Shops don't have to answer tech here at all. there are plenty of DIYers to do that and when people like mike step in its because wrong information has been given.

Most vendors come on here and tell people to PM them to make a sell. Thats how it goes when you are a vendor. We live in a free marketed society. This forum obviously doesn't run itself thats why we have vendors, and thats why they get to advertise their products within set guidelines that are fair to every paying vendor and non paying company. How much sense would it make if vendors payed and shops like yours came in selling all the product. The forum would shut itself down.

As for mike, never have i once been on any duramax type forum and seen mike making a sells pitch. Not ever. Connect the dots on what he said in this thread about how he doesn't need the money and go through every single one of his posts and you will see he never trys to sell a product. His work sells itself.

I know im new to this forum but not DF and that forum is full of vendor gods with the way the members treat new comers. And I can understand how forums can be full of die hards because i have talked to some guys who have had bad experiences with some of the big named tuners. They were to scared to drop dimes on their experience because of the flak that will come with it. And it is true, Big tuners do have a loyal customer base and that's how it is and always will be. My brother just got his truck tuned by one of the best and has had nothing but problems with the truck and go figure when we sent an email out we never got a response back.

But thats just my .02 cents take it for what its worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.