Jkholder's dirty laundry (cleanup from EPR bridge thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
I bet most guys here have never been to a daycare. Holy headache lol.

I have a serious question for Jkholder aka Confederate Diesel owner. I don't mean to be disrespectful but you have posted on multiple forums saying these forums don't mean anything and how none of your customers care about what happens on them. If that's true and you really believe that.... Why do you frequent the various sites so often? Why do you bother engaging in the heated threads trying to defend yourself? Would your time not be better spent working and making money or taking welding courses to better yourself?

DIESELMAFIAPER.LB7

<----new hotness
Jan 17, 2010
idaho
shop.dieselmafiaperformance.com
I bet most guys here have never been to a daycare. Holy headache lol.

I have a serious question for Jkholder aka Confederate Diesel owner. I don't mean to be disrespectful but you have posted on multiple forums saying these forums don't mean anything and how none of your customers care about what happens on them. If that's true and you really believe that.... Why do you frequent the various sites so often? Why do you bother engaging in the heated threads trying to defend yourself? Would your time not be better spent working and making money or taking welding courses to better yourself?

Buuurrrrrrnnnnnn:D

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
my question with Dmitri is what will he do when he actually has to diagnose a problem with a transmission like what is going on with minerigger's? its all fine and great that he can make power with some expensive turbos and a lot of fuel and claims to be a duramax "guru" but knowing how to actually diagnose an issue is completely different. i have built a few allisons myself and im not claiming to be a pro like Mike but im a GM tech by trade and have been through my fair share of transmissions at work so i have some idea of how to go through a trans and look for potential issues. All i ever see is Dmitri claiming other people are hacks and are just "kit installers" but is he really any better? honest question.

That is so true but not just with him nbut anyone out there trying to go the cheapest save a buck transmission upgrade.

The Allison as far as transmissions go is fairly easy to put (swap) NEW parts in compared to other transmissions. If I all goes well you lok feel like a hero but let one shift drag a clunck or a bang or the ilumination of the CES light then it run to a expert for free help!

Understandable that's the way things are but sometimes you have to think saving that $50/$100 dollar bill will it be worth it ? I dunno just saying.

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
I dropped the welding courses line not completely as a diss. A business can be more profitable the more that's done in house right? It's a valid suggestion

jkholder09

Jan 8, 2012
Maryland
Because I am a mechanic not a welder.
I spend all my spare time on forums.
I am a forum junkie same as the rest.
Dbush the welder came with a cd and manual. I could prob read that :roflmao

from mobile

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
It is but that was said few times in the comp d thread lol personally with some better weld and piping changes I think the 6.7 kits would really nice

I hung in there as long as I could... I gave up at page 20 or so. I will admit the guy that dropped the jHook in the toilet line had me laughing pretty hard out loud. Wife looked at me confused.

dmax_ty

Aug 18, 2011
Utah
As the turbo spins.....
Desperate coal rollers....
Pretty little drag racers....
All my sled pullers...
Gear heads betrayal...

This thread has it all. Quite the crossfire I must say. My first hunch is to wish this never happened. The more I think about it...let the chips fall where they may, lets lay all the cards out on the table, and let the readers use discernment. Some might be better off knowing the truth about these.......ummm....things.

These two are awesome :roflmao: And I agree 100%.

I think Dimitri should try and formulate a paragraph before anything else!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????????????????

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
You can always tell when it's Durrrmitri posting... There will inevitably be three or more question marks after his sentences. Not that I'm one to talk, I use three periods to show pause a lot:D

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
Because I am a mechanic not a welder.
I spend all my spare time on forums.
I am a forum junkie same as the rest.
Dbush the welder came with a cd and manual. I could prob read that :roflmao

from mobile

All the awesome mechanics I know can weld. The two go hand in hand. Like a plumber knowing how to solder.... Like and electrician knowing how to strip wire while watching the game and drinking a beer all at the same time. Like a floor guy knowing how to run a buffer with one hand.:woott:

jkholder09

Jan 8, 2012
Maryland
All the awesome mechanics I know can weld. The two go hand in hand. Like a plumber knowing how to solder.... Like and electrician knowing how to strip wire while watching the game and drinking a beer all at the same time. Like a floor guy knowing how to run a buffer with one hand.:woott:

Post up some pics of your welds.
Maybe I could learn something

from mobile

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
Post up some pics of your welds.
Maybe I could learn something

from mobile

See that's just it... I don't own a shop, nor do I claim to be a welder. I am a hardwood floor installer/finisher. I would gladly post pics up of my work... The specialty people pay me for. The trade I've known since I was a kid. The trade I bothered to get NWFA training for.

I tried to be polite to you. I tried to offer genuine constructive criticism to you instead of empty insults. Unlike you sir, I won't waste any more of my time arguing. Your work was exposed and you're mad the entire diesel industry is now laughing at it. Call it a day and regroup.

I have a fairly nice compound turbo kit on my truck BTW and the fabrication and welding is nice , not HSP nice but still clean looking. I had a professional do the work. Would you like to see pics of it? No JB weld on my truck either.

jkholder09

Jan 8, 2012
Maryland
Sure
But it basically proves my point. Everyone is a critic and you are entittled to it.
If after 10 years in business the complaints are my welds aren't pretty. I can accept that and do my best to improve. Do you fellas beating the same dead horse help......not really. It jusy gets old and if the welds were as bad as you guys potray would people pay the bill and I stay in business.
All I can do is be honest and do my best, not talk about others unless I can actually do better and even then be constructive.

It comes down to a core group of the forum supressing the new guys and our ideas.
Ultimately it is pats house and his choice who is welcome.

from mobile

jkholder09

Jan 8, 2012
Maryland
I can't see the pic real well. Are those pin holes in the center or just craters were you started and stopped?
Would you feel comfortable that you penetrated deep enough into the thicker flange?
Would You charge for that work?

I am just asking questions and being picky. Not saying I can do better. I just know how it feels to have your work picked apart online by a carpenter, accountant, or whatever else.

from mobile

Schwinn68

little gearhead
Jan 9, 2008
Minooka IL
I can't see the pic real well. Are those pin holes in the center or just craters were you started and stopped? neither
Would you feel comfortable that you penetrated deep enough into the thicker flange? yes
Would You charge for that work? yes

I am just asking questions and being picky. Not saying I can do better. I just know how it feels to have your work picked apart online by a carpenter, accountant, or whatever else.

from mobile
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's a different shot of the first weld. Those are x-ray quality welds. They are stainless steel and have full penetration along with a backing purge gas.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.