Jkholder's dirty laundry (cleanup from EPR bridge thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
Do that many people have cabin fever already :roflmao:

Seems there is more productive crap to talk about. I know that info has to be shown about certain shops to notify the community, but that ship sailed a while ago.

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
He dug into Eric merchant the other day. I can't believe some of the stuff he says to people. What's he going to do when a trans messes up on the other side of the US? I doubt he'll drop everything to go warranty it.

D wont drop anything to fix a trans...ASK ME HOW I KNOW!!! Im fairly new to this industry and im not one to point fingers but Im 6 damn hours from him and he wont come rebuild it, even though its under a 2 year warranty...and I might add the trans was only 7 months old when it quit.

SO back on post 83 when whoever said he goes to the customer and builds it is horse shit or my truck would be running and not parked for over a month.

Im by no means a wealthy person and I have a family to support and bills to pay so when I put up 45 bills of my hard earned money and he gives me the "2 year unlimited warranty...just don't sled pull with it you'll be fine" and I cant get it fixed well your god damned right Im a little on the irritated side of life :mad:

Ok Rant over

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
D wont drop anything to fix a trans...ASK ME HOW I KNOW!!! Im fairly new to this industry and im not one to point fingers but Im 6 damn hours from him and he wont come rebuild it, even though its under a 2 year warranty...and I might add the trans was only 7 months old when it quit.

SO back on post 83 when whoever said he goes to the customer and builds it is horse shit or my truck would be running and not parked for over a month.

Im by no means a wealthy person and I have a family to support and bills to pay so when I put up 45 bills of my hard earned money and he gives me the "2 year unlimited warranty...just don't sled pull with it you'll be fine" and I cant get it fixed well your god damned right Im a little on the irritated side of life :mad:

Ok Rant over

Send me the trans. Let's see what's in it and I want to see that purple Suncoast converter. Send a copy of your receipt with the tax he collected from you and let's see if he sent it to the state or pocketed the money.

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
He said I could do it at one shop here but its his buddy and id have to pay labor to get it removed and installed and if hard parts are trash id have to pay for those to...I said well wtf is 4500 and a 2 year warranty then?

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
Send me the trans. Let's see what's in it and I want to see that purple Suncoast converter. Send a copy of your receipt with the tax he collected from you and let's see if he sent it to the state or pocketed the money.

The tax stuff im unclear on because it was purchased through Custom Auto in Idaho Falls,ID. But I do have the receipt for it still. Im to the point I want my money back and then Ill send it to you Mike. :thumb:

jkholder09

Jan 8, 2012
Maryland
Do any trans builders cover broken hard parts on a competition build?
I typically cover labor on the first instance ad good will at my discretion.
And I have never had a tie up.

from mobile

Last edited:

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
Do any trans builders cover brokrn hard parts.
I typically cover labor on the first instance ad good will at my discretion.
And I have never had a tie up.

from mobile

Had a tie up? Or just no broken parts from a tie up? A hard shift is a tie up.

A builder should cover hard parts if it was from their doing. IMO

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Wendy (LBZ) has several hundred passes on it's trans, several sledpulls, and about 90,000 miles of street and towing use.

Casper never had a trans failure even at 936rwhp and lots of 10 second ET's, and a few sled pull wins.

Blue hasn't lost a trans either.

But then again, my trans guy has a proven rep. And stands by his work from everything I've heard.

If a $4500 trans fails quickly, I'd expect the builder to step up to the plate.

03spoolindmax

Nov 9, 2011
Mi

Ok Rant over

D has been traveling the us and building transmissions for people. He talks to shop owners. They get a couple trucks there and tear out the trans. He comes and rebuilds them. Then the shop reinstalls them. In theory it's a good idea but I'm sure it'll catch up to him in the end. He's supposed to make a stop near me in michigan soon. Will see how that works out. I'd rebuild mine 5 more times before I let someone with that attitude touch my trans.

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
As the turbo spins.....
Desperate coal rollers....
Pretty little drag racers....
All my sled pullers...
Gear heads betrayal...

This thread has it all. Quite the crossfire I must say. My first hunch is to wish this never happened. The more I think about it...let the chips fall where they may, lets lay all the cards out on the table, and let the readers use discernment. Some might be better off knowing the truth about these.......ummm....things.

Josh2002cc

That Uncle
Apr 2, 2007
And to think this thread was created by somone talking about a mouth piece and how Trent did shitty work. :confused:

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
Wendy (LBZ) has several hundred passes on it's trans, several sledpulls, and about 90,000 miles of street and towing use.

Casper never had a trans failure even at 936rwhp and lots of 10 second ET's, and a few sled pull wins.

Blue hasn't lost a trans either.

But then again, my trans guy has a proven rep. And stands by his work from everything I've heard.

If a $4500 trans fails quickly, I'd expect the builder to step up to the plate.

It threw a P0741 code right after install on the fire up. He cleared it and said oh itll be fine. 3 days later it was back so i call. He says clear it. I do and its gone. Next day it comes up...i figured it out finally on the 3rs time that once i hit roughly 110-115 trans fluid temp it throws the code....this was tail end of may and beginning of june last year.

Now i drove 8 hrs for a good trans. Used up the last vaca time i had and dropped 4500 plus fuel there and back. So when he says come back in a tuesday im like you come to me it shoulda worked the first time. So now after july and august roll by i give up trying to get a damn day cuz i cant get ahold of him and when i do hes off racing so back to mid week.

I wouldnt be mad but i know he goes around and has picked up customers trucks and taken them somewhere to be fixed but god forbid one he built that broke and is in his own "backyard" get fixed under a warranty...

Sorry rant over im just beyond the bs so im putting the cards out there

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

i_keyser

DD n00b
Jun 4, 2010
Denver
my question with Dmitri is what will he do when he actually has to diagnose a problem with a transmission like what is going on with minerigger's? its all fine and great that he can make power with some expensive turbos and a lot of fuel and claims to be a duramax "guru" but knowing how to actually diagnose an issue is completely different. i have built a few allisons myself and im not claiming to be a pro like Mike but im a GM tech by trade and have been through my fair share of transmissions at work so i have some idea of how to go through a trans and look for potential issues. All i ever see is Dmitri claiming other people are hacks and are just "kit installers" but is he really any better? honest question.

Last edited:

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
my question with Dmitri is what will he do when he actually has to diagnose a problem with a transmission like what is going on with minerigger's? its a fine and great that he can make power with some expensive turbos and a lot of fuel and claims to be a duramax "guru" but knowing how to actually diagnose an issue is completely different. i have built a few allisons myself and im not claiming to be a pro like Mike but im a GM tech by trade and have been through my fair share of transmissions at work so i have some idea of how to go through a trans and look for potential issues. All i ever see is Dmitri claiming other people are hacks and are just "kit installers" but is he really any better? honest question.

I couldnt agree more.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Polaris7x

Dec 25, 2011
loves park, ill
Holy Chit its funny how this thread started off by talking shit about one person and now that person is pushing all the blame onto everyone else! Ive got a great idea, how about everyone that has an issue with someone else here on this forum just meet in the middle of the us beat the crap out of one another and just be done with it, this is worse then going to a daycare and listening to a bunch of screaming kids all day!

Status
Not open for further replies.