LB7: IHI Port/Polish

taylorbok

Jan 31, 2011
I would stop now and put a 366 on there is no way I would go through all that work to end up with a very slightly improved turbo,

I just finished changing mine

Odyssey25013

DF Regect
Nov 9, 2010
CT
I was first going to use brake parts cleaner and then very fine steel wool.
Thanks alot for the link, I don't know how I missed that. I did alot of searching in all the forums online.

Yellowchevy

I spent almost 4 months compiling info on making a super stock turbo. There isn't much on it.

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
I would stop now and put a 366 on there is no way I would go through all that work to end up with a very slightly improved turbo,

I just finished changing mine

I've had that voice in my head for the start but the curiosity in me is winning, haha.
Did you end up getting a 366 from Trent?
I'm wanting a turbo that will work good for towing.

Yellowchevy

Slammed2007Lbz

Super Spicy Tunaz
Feb 1, 2009
NE Ohio
I've had that voice in my head for the start but the curiosity in me is winning, haha.
Did you end up getting a 366 from Trent?
I'm wanting a turbo that will work good for towing.

Yellowchevy

A s366 is perfect for towing applications! Just buy one already!!!

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
YES YES YES DOOOOOOOO IT YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO IT FEELS GOOD EVERYONE IS DOING IT :roflmao: :hello: :joker:

Feels like High School all over again :rofl:
But each day I get more and more tempted, especially from posts like these :thumb:
Have you towed any thing with yours Blk Smoke LB7? How does it do?

I don't think I'll be able to this year. I spend $5k finishing my rock crawler so my fun money for the kind of went away :confused:

Stayed tuned for more stupidity!!!!:thumb:

Yellowchevy

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
Feels like High School all over again :rofl:
But each day I get more and more tempted, especially from posts like these :thumb:
Have you towed any thing with yours Blk Smoke LB7? How does it do?

I don't think I'll be able to this year. I spend $5k finishing my rock crawler so my fun money for the kind of went away :confused:

Stayed tuned for more stupidity!!!!:thumb:

Yellowchevy
Tows like adream plenty of power on tap.It really is an amazing turbo for sure...........hey how about some pic's of your crawler?

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
Tows like adream plenty of power on tap.It really is an amazing turbo for sure...........hey how about some pic's of your crawler?

How's the spool up? Does it spool up quick and have good low end torque for getting a heavy load rolling?

I'll start a new thread in order to not clutter this one up. Is there a chit chat area or where would that go?

Yellowchevy

taylorbok

Jan 31, 2011
I did buy the turbo from trent, great price,

I havent towed anything yet but just driving around town and on the freeway seems to spool just as fast as stock, bottom end almost seems better and seems to pull hard, when I can get traction in the new snow. I cant wait to tow with it to see what my egts are like,

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
I did buy the turbo from trent, great price,

I havent towed anything yet but just driving around town and on the freeway seems to spool just as fast as stock, bottom end almost seems better and seems to pull hard, when I can get traction in the new snow. I cant wait to tow with it to see what my egts are like,

Trent's a great guy. I talked to him a few years ago for a LONG time on the phone after 5pm, he was more than happy to do it. Great customer service :thumb:
That's good to hear it spools like stock. Let me know how it does towing when you get the opportunity.
Did you get his basic 366 kit or did you do the upgraded one?

I would have killed for a built transmission and a better turbo when I was moving from Kansas City to Canada. Stock transmission and turbo didn't like it that much weighting 30,000 lbs with a large head wind. :confused: haha

Yellowchevy

taylorbok

Jan 31, 2011
I will keep u posted on towing, I got the htt install kit I think it's just the standard, I wish I would have gotten a gated pedestal for twins down the road but I didn't realize how much of a bugger they are to change.

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
I will keep u posted on towing, I got the htt install kit I think it's just the standard, I wish I would have gotten a gated pedestal for twins down the road but I didn't realize how much of a bugger they are to change.

Thanks, I appreciate it. I was looking at his premium S366 kit myself.
I'll keep the gated pedestal in mind as an option/good idea.

Yellowchevy

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
We'll today I was able to enlarge/smooth out the exhaust and intake housing of the turbo. The exhaust side wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be. Obviously getting a gasket to mark where the up pipes bolted to the turbo to use as a template was good idea. :rolleyes:
The intake side didn't take that long but had more trouble with it being I had the die grinder shoved in there as far as I could. :(
Now all I got left is alot of hand sanding to make everything very smooth and pretty :thumb:
Obviously I'm not going to get inside the intake and exhaust but every where else I'll sand smooth.

Lessoned learned for the day - Remember to re-tighten long carbide bits in the die grinder every so often so they don't going fly out. :thumb::roflmao:

Yellowchevy

Attachments

• Port Turbo 1.JPG
    Port Turbo 1.JPG
    498.4 KB · Views: 301
  • Port Turbo 2.JPG
    Port Turbo 2.JPG
    354 KB · Views: 278
  • Port Turbo 3.JPG
    Port Turbo 3.JPG
    435.4 KB · Views: 264
  • Port Turbo 4.JPG