Has everyone seen this newsletter? EFI

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Here's a question:

Can you make >500rwhp with the emissions in place?

Has anyone even tried?

You need a cutout, a way to temporarily disable EGR easily, and a way to defeat any limp modes caused by emissions errors.

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
Here's a question:

Can you make >500rwhp with the emissions in place?

Has anyone even tried?

You need a cutout, a way to temporarily disable EGR easily, and a way to defeat any limp modes caused by emissions errors.

I'd like too give it a try but it would have to have high drive pressure wouldn't it?

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
I'd like too give it a try but it would have to have high drive pressure wouldn't it?

The cutout goes on the downpipe that feeds the cat.

The EGR defeat would cut flow for racing.

People played with cutouts on Dmaxes many years ago, but there was not a lot of interest.

A cutout is simply a "Y" pipe that one leg of the Y is blocked with a flange plate.

At the track, you remove the flange plate, and it dumps nearly all exhaust out sideways, but some still goes into the cat, so might even not code.

I'll build one and post pictures (on my list of things to do). These are racing parts only, not highway legal.

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
I will port the stream if the current V2 dies

Only stream is the LBZ LMM on the V2 my V1 has my other streams.

How are you going to transfer the stream if your current V2 dies?

All my streams are on my V2 (and I have a cummins license too), so are you saying I can buy another V2 now, keep it safe, and then if my current V2 dies, ill be able to transfer all the streams and cummins license over easily and for free, even if the V2 is completely dead???? Im confused.

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS

People played with cutouts on Dmaxes many years ago, but there was not a lot of interest.

A cutout is simply a "Y" pipe that one leg of the Y is blocked with a flange plate.

At the track, you remove the flange plate, and it dumps nearly all exhaust out sideways, but some still goes into the cat, so might even not code.

I'll build one and post pictures (on my list of things to do). These are racing parts only, not highway legal.

Make sure to point that out so the government isn't knocking on your door. They haven't got anything else to do other than harass us. A budget would be cool but hey those diesel guys are bad news!

GMC_2002_Dmax

The Still Master
How are you going to transfer the stream if your current V2 dies?

All my streams are on my V2 (and I have a cummins license too), so are you saying I can buy another V2 now, keep it safe, and then if my current V2 dies, ill be able to transfer all the streams and cummins license over easily and for free, even if the V2 is completely dead???? Im confused.

Yes

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal

Would leaving the EGR intact even cause problems?
I wouldn't think you would need a cutout for 500hp just let the DPF do it's job. My dads LMM runs 12.50's and doesn't smoke, only at a stop sign if you go WOT. If you roll into it I cannot see smoke.

Makes sense I guess you already got our money...Thanks for the heads up at least I guess. Still leaves us in complete limbo. Not trying to be a jerk but a little transperency would be really nice about now..

What sort of transparency are you after? We've told you what we are implementing IN ADVANCE (no other company has done that), what customers will be affected and why it's been implemented. Not only that, we've given you an avenue to ask valid questions, again something no other company did. But we respectfully decline to take any BS from customers venting their dissatisfaction. It detracts from the thread, and the value it offers those customers looking for answers. In many cases those venting type comments and questions need to be levelled at the legislators, those who design the rules, this isn't our area of expertise and suggest you level those type of questions to those best equipped to answer them.

I guess you just can't please everyone, but to suggest their is no transparency is ridiculous.

Cindy. Sorry I am asking on here cause in in enough forums the wat it is. Will I be able to still get liscenses without updating my v2? If I just left it the 7.5?
Yes. The thread on our forum is being updated in the first post, your question is answered there. You don't need to be a member to view.

lets not discuss how EFILive is doing it...they arent going to tell us for obvious reasons....leave it alone...

ben
Thanks Ben.

Cheers
Cindy