Has everyone seen this newsletter? EFI

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
We should also be thankful we got warning UNLIKE all of those with HPTUNERS that updated there software just to find out the features were gone and all questions about it were squashed on there site like a cockroach. We do have time to save away our files, and thus a workaround. So be glad this wasn't sprung on us like some had it happen to them. I for one am done with DPF deletes as tehre is just to much pressure out there surrounding them. I've already turned down one as the little bit of money I make is just not worth it for the chance of a fine that I cannot afford.

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
I htink they summed it up pretty well with this quote,

This absolutely falls in to the same category as gun control, Smith & Wesson are not responsible for how their product is used by each person who buys a gun. Just like us, or even someone selling EFILive isn't the person that may remove the DPF and creates a tune to allow the truck to still run. However, we have a situation where YouTube is full of smoking late model Diesels on the highway filling some poor grandma's Prius with soot. Now if Grandma was at the local drag strip that is a different story, it 'could' be an unregistered race truck doing this, but unfortunately nearly every video out there is clearly not a race truck.

So for those saying the videos on youtube had no part in this MAY want to reconsider that statement as those being affected have pretty well speeled it out as that playing a HUGE role in why we are in this situation to begin with. And I'm not singaling out the H&S videos, theres plenty of other ones out there like the do you smoke chick, the bicycles going up the mountain pass, or countless others with thousands of hits going viral and garnering attention. It's like they say, it only takes one bad seed to ruin it for everybody. The EPA has just decided it is easier to stop the key players instead of the actual offenders, and all of them videos sure made EASY evidence.

GMC_2002_Dmax

The Still Master
Don't see the big deal........;)

If you have a Duramax, V2 with the June release and firmware/bootblock just leave it alone.

There won't be any tables added or custom OS's for the Duramax, it's been finalized for a couple years.

Just leave well enough alone, your fine.

Now if you have a Cummins you might have to buy another V2 and use that for your Cummins with the newer software for CSP5, you can also use the June release to alter your tunes and then save it, reopen it ( hopefully ) with the later release and flash it.

Panic is not warranted, or email your tune to another country for some clean-up.

:roflmao:

Janimal444

Jun 25, 2012
Salem, NH

If you have a Duramax, V2 with the June release and firmware/bootblock just leave it alone.

There won't be any tables added or custom OS's for the Duramax, it's been finalized for a couple years.

Now if you have a Cummins you might have to buy another V2 and use that for your Cummins with the newer software for CSP5, you can also use the June release to alter your tunes and then save it, reopen it ( hopefully ) with the later release and flash it.

Panic is not warranted, or email your tune to another country for some clean-up.

That is Build 211, correct???

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO

I agree. Making a bigger deal about it than it really is. Remember when DPF's were first gonna be released on our trucks? Everyone here made a HUGE deal about it. Now it's just another part.

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
The problem I have is, god forbid my V2 ever craps out or something. Obviously if I send it to be repaired, they are going to put the latest firmware/boot-block on it at the same time.

So would I be screwed? Or would I still be able to DOWNGRADE to the old firmware/boot block....? Thats what I want to know....

Ben

jmaz268

Lead from the Front
May 20, 2010
Springfield IL
The problem I have is, god forbid my V2 ever craps out or something. Obviously if I send it to be repaired, they are going to put the latest firmware/boot-block on it at the same time.

So would I be screwed? Or would I still be able to DOWNGRADE to the old firmware/boot block....? Thats what I want to know....

Ben

From what I understood......you can't downgrade the bootblock/firmware, kinda like most PCs won't let you downgrade BIOS versions.