Has everyone seen this newsletter? EFI

adeso

wait, what?
May 30, 2011
Minot, ND
If we can get new licensing with the old 7.5 then efi did not leave us out in the cold. We got what we paid for, just can't get the newest version of the software

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
Unless I'm being retarded, she said that the software will be the same ,the hardware will be the same,so the only limiter must be the licensing? Which is proven by billing and shipping info given at checkout....hmm

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
Unless I'm being retarded, she said that the software will be the same ,the hardware will be the same,so the only limiter must be the licensing? Which is proven by billing and shipping info given at checkout....hmm

So I can update my v2 and use my old liscenses?

adeso

wait, what?
May 30, 2011
Minot, ND
The more I look into this the less worried I think we should be. Think we can put out the touches and lay down the pitchforks.
Well I have a pound 7 so im good to go anyways :D

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
Why can't they just "put it" on the tuners? Heres the law, if we catch you here is the fine. Make anybody getting a new license sign a waiver saying " FOR OFFROAD USE ONLY" if you delete this & that it's on you. Get back to business

They've been doing this for years. That little box you have to check each time before a flash(unless you manually turn it off) is for this specific matter. And all of teh tuning companies offering deletes ALL required sign waivers before they would unlock teh delete files, yet they have ALL been caught and getting shut down. Welcome to the green world.

mackthehack

DUH...
Apr 16, 2007
Reading Cindy's post. It seems like LMM+ that are equipped with the DPF system will be effected by these updates/changes.

But then again I could be retarded and read it wrong...

Dec 2, 2006
TN
Post on EFILive's website:

Obviously we aren't about to explain how we have region specific restrictions in place, but it has nothing to do with your V2's, so ordering a new V2 from outside of the USA and registering it with EFILive from Paris, France won't magically open things up for you if you are still tuning in the USA. We also didn't want to be generating individual install packages based on peoples location, that would be ridiculous, not only that, non USA versions would be up on torrent sites the moment they were released.

I'm still scratching my head.. I bet "USA" will be determine by a parameter in the tune, but that's just my guess since they aren't doing two different software packages.

Blackhawk878

Jan 16, 2012
Grovetown, GA
Could be IP based. If that is so then one could just use a VPN service or friend overseas to "place" themselves outside the US.

Thinking about this a little more, potentially VIN based?

Dec 2, 2006
TN
Could be IP based. If that is so then one could just use a VPN service or friend overseas to "place" themselves outside the US.

That would have to be a different software package to be IP based. I seriously doubt a check would be in place during install on what parameters to put in place.. but that's just my opinion.. :)

On edit: Yea, probably something to do with the VIN or something in the Tune File that tells if the truck is USA specific.

Blackhawk878

Jan 16, 2012
Grovetown, GA
Just like when xbox live or windows does a locality check when trying to stream something, it is not hardware based but dependent on the IP you coming from (provided by your ISP).

Oh to be clear I mean they do an IP check when you register your V2/autocal or grab a license.

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
Why only dpf related stuff and not egr and cat stuff?

There release states DPF AND EGR deletes. Cat deletes don't normally set off codes except for the occasional EGR code from low back pressure. And it's the DPF deletes that have gotten the most attention as DPF's came out just for the coal rollers.

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
There release states DPF AND EGR deletes. Cat deletes don't normally set off codes except for the occasional EGR code from low back pressure. And it's the DPF deletes that have gotten the most attention as DPF's came out just for the coal rollers.
was it just me or did it seam like your questions on the EFI live site were being over looked or just plane avoided?????

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh
lets not discuss how EFILive is doing it...they arent going to tell us for obvious reasons....leave it alone...

ben

I agree. Efi s forum gives good hints and explanations. Let's leave it alone. And definitely not be posting negative comments on their site.

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
was it just me or did it seam like your questions on the EFI live site were being over looked or just plane avoided?????

They repsonded a few minutes ago to them. And not the answers one would like to hear. Basically in a nutshell, keep the current software and do NOT update anything and your good. If you want CSP for the CUMMINS, your screwed. I thinks one would be wise to have an old computer laying around just for modifying teh DPF and EGR functions loaded with the current older software.