Has everyone seen this newsletter? EFI

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
Thankyou Cindy for updated and keeping us all informed and answering questions I would say that if any of us were in your situation we would do the same thing to cover our butts,

RedMax316

Sep 14, 2012
Maryland
Question if i save a copy of the downloads to a disk in case laptop takes a crap will i be able to download it still after updates

Sent from my DROID RAZR

z79outlaw

Apr 20, 2007
Salem WI
This has some serious implications to it now, I guess I never realized you cant go back and download older versions of firmware and bootblocks.

I guess what I dont understand as far as the tuning goes right now, in future versions the DPF/EGR options are gone, does that mean if I wanted to re-enable it on a tune I couldnt do that either? Or it would automatically reset the DPF/EGR functions to the default stock functions.

Osubeaver

Professional Grade
Aug 30, 2008
Oregon
I think people will adapt, over time, just fine. In my opinion it might be a little short-sighted to view future diesel hot rodding in the context of emissions parts that come from the factory. I'm not saying I'm going to throw a couple DPFs on the race truck, but maybe that whole line of thinking about high-flow DPFs, etc isn't as hair-brained as people think it is now.

It might not be easy, or cheap, but there are a lot of smart people who want to go fast.

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
I think people will adapt, over time, just fine. In my opinion it might be a little short-sighted to view future diesel hot rodding in the context of emissions parts that come from the factory. I'm not saying I'm going to throw a couple DPFs on the race truck, but maybe that whole line of thinking about high-flow DPFs, etc isn't as hair-brained as people think it is now.

It might not be easy, or cheap, but there are a lot of smart people who want to go fast.
I believe this also.

Last edited:

z79outlaw

Apr 20, 2007
Salem WI

This part you absolutely right about, theres still money in this industry, but consumers are going to drive where this goes and as far as emissons equipment goes, I have a hard time believing the most viable option to continue to manage with emissons equipment is going to be federally approved high flow DPF's look at how much they cost now and what people are selling them for. OEM equppied DPF's are expensive, having a company invest, research, test, get certified, and eventually bring to market is going to be more expensive than most are willing to pay.

So that bring us back to the most viable option of modifying late model diesels, delete and tune. Theres enough money that someone else will step up to the table and fill the void, they'll have a virtual lock on the market. Whether that be a new programable tuning option, plug and play fooling type option, or somebody decides to hack EFI live, money almost assures this will happen.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
God damn look what a guy misses in one day. Now I wish I would of updated EFI like I was thinking of I'm on 7.5.6 build 157. Is it to late to upgrade to build211 or do I have until the next release?

Last edited:

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
God damn look what a guy misses in one day. Now I wish I would of updated EFI like I was thinking of I'm on 7.5.6 build 157. It is to late right?
Its not to late as long as its the 211 build go update now and woudlnt hurt to pick up a few liscences while your at it.It will be a while (atleast a couple weeks) till they do the update.Or so i understand.

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
just to clarify - if I keep my old V2 "old" but somewhere down the line I get another LMM Dmax, and I then buy a new VIN License to move my non-DPF tuning on over to the new truck... will it be no problem, or will I be "officially" FUBAR on the new truck?

Wally

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Maybe instead of bitching we should start thinking how to refine the DPF to our advantage and just maybe we can get some support from EFI helping us do this. We might start looking like the good guys. Shit might work good too.:D