H&S Done?

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Lighten up guys.

:hug:

There have been "impossible" barriers to hotrodding since the car was invented.

I remember when street performance was pronounced dead in 1978. Oddly enough, the fastest cars ever made are 2013's.

Something I've been suggesting for a long time, since I first got a Dmax: We need a programmable "Edge" style box. Something that can be removed easy and leaves no footprint.

Coupled with an exhaust cutout (how we bypassed cats for the track, yet left the emissions stuff intact), you could show up at a race event with your street legal truck, uncork it, plug in the harness box, and let 'er smoke.

I'm pretty sure a programmable box that does not alter the programming as sold (you must program it yourself if you want more power), and is sold as a diagnostic or racing device would be legal. I'm just not smart enough to do it, nor can I build up any interest by anyone who is. It could also be sold as a speedo corrector, speed limiter removal device.

The cutouts you will have do yourself, or make one that the instructions show it mounted after the emissions, but can be "mis-installed" right after the downpipe.

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
yes you should be ****ing bitching laws are there for a reason but some are stupid behind reason and taxes you should be in a uproar about how bad they are but be a bitch and roll over i guess people like you that just keep there head down and go if i do this they wont come for me are blind.

im from vegas by the way so im well aware of the "smog" junk been to alot of major citys phoenix,st lious, phily, la, san diego, ect, ect....... so? You ever installed H&S tuners they dont smoke for shit on lmls you get a decent puff mayeb then there clean.

There duramax tunes are pretty clean. The Ford 6.4 ones are pretty nasty I've learned.

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
Ya what Pat said! Remember in the 1970's when Detroit ended the muscle car era because of emissions. And look at today's MASS PRODUCED MUSCLE CARS. Their faster with better emissions and better fuel economy. :)

DIESELMAFIAPER.LB7

<----new hotness
Jan 17, 2010
idaho
shop.dieselmafiaperformance.com
There duramax tunes are pretty clean. The Ford 6.4 ones are pretty nasty I've learned.

IF there running the hot damn tuning yes they are smokey but so is spartan,sct , ect there custom stuff is smoky but there max effort tunes anything max effort with stock turbos is going to be smokey my lb7 with stock turbo would completly clean up a 3200pw... so were do you draw the line they didnt go after older year trucks? why? they blow more smoke then newer ones (6.4s are a exception to that statement). i dont mind emissons there are still more dpf present vehicles then dpf removed it shouldnt give the epa the power to say what we can and cant do imo we should be able to remove them if we want to and not be a federal crime

DIESELMAFIAPER.LB7

<----new hotness
Jan 17, 2010
idaho
Lighten up guys.

Something I've been suggesting for a long time, since I first got a Dmax: We need a programmable "Edge" style box. Something that can be removed easy and leaves no footprint.

Coupled with an exhaust cutout (how we bypassed cats for the track, yet left the emissions stuff intact), you could show up at a race event with your street legal truck, uncork it, plug in the harness box, and let 'er smoke.

I'm pretty sure a programmable box that does not alter the programming as sold (you must program it yourself if you want more power), and is sold as a diagnostic or racing device would be legal. I'm just not smart enough to do it, nor can I build up any interest by anyone who is. It could also be sold as a speedo corrector, speed limiter removal device.

The cutouts you will have do yourself, or make one that the instructions show it mounted after the emissions, but can be "mis-installed" right after the downpipe.

Thats what H&S sold.......? you had to agree to everything bout removing the dpf if you didnt it wont let you install the offroad/race tuning only dpf present tuning

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Thats what H&S sold.......? you had to agree to everything bout removing the dpf if you didnt it wont let you install the offroad/race tuning only dpf present tuning

What I'm referring to would not have any ability to remove the DPF at all as sold.

Think of EFILive. It doesn't come with tunes that defeat emissions. It's the user who can alter such things.

Or a Motec unit. They are legal still.

However a clever person could alter the device to use it for competition purposes.

H&S sold a programmer with defeat code in it, right? This would have no code in it.

adeso

wait, what?
May 30, 2011
Minot, ND
I find it funny for those bashing the EPA, if i was to buy the lot next to you and dump 500 gal of waste oil on it they EPA would be your best friend. No, smoke is not the same thing, but in the eyes of the average person it is and perception is reality. You smoke out an intersection so bad that the priuis owner can't see in front of them, well guess what they get pissed and write a letter to their congressman/the EPA. Even if this only happens once out of 250 times some kid smokes out a street those add up. Now the EPA is going to do their job and go hammer some people to keep the general public happy. Doesn't take a genius to go search around, and find lots of vids of it, and what, what’s this a smoke vid tied back to a retailer? easy target.
The is America, you have freedoms. but your right to swing your fist stops at the other person's face. You don't have a right to go ruin people's day by smoking out an intersection on a public road. Until the retards figure this out the EPA is going to keep playing whackamole to whatever is either producing the most pollutants, or what public opinion thinks is producing the most pollutants

Forever

This 1 time, at band camp
Jan 4, 2009
Utah
Am the only one that thinks kids smoking out intersections isnt the base cause of this?

adeso

wait, what?
May 30, 2011
Minot, ND
The EPA is like any other govt organization, they act on both on fact and perception. I'm willing to bet if the perception and complaints were not there they would go after something else. I'm sure this isn't the only reason, but it sure helped move it up the list

lts1ow

Needs moar PAH!
May 14, 2012
NJ
Ya what Pat said! Remember in the 1970's when Detroit ended the muscle car era because of emissions. And look at today's MASS PRODUCED MUSCLE CARS. Their faster with better emissions and better fuel economy. :)

Not as cool though :poke:

A bolt on new camaro ran a 12.1 @ 114 on regular rims and radials out back at a track rental over the weekend.

Full weight barge, pretty damn impressive.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
A bolt on new camaro ran a 12.1 @ 114 on regular rims and radials out back at a track rental over the weekend.

Full weight barge, pretty damn impressive.

Kinda like the old rent a racer mustangs way back in the day!

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Yup. My buddies Dad has one still. It still has the same dent in the rear bumper where it hit the wall back in the 60's lol!

DIESELMAFIAPER.LB7

<----new hotness
Jan 17, 2010
idaho
k again H&S tunes hardly smoke kids have old dodges and ford and dmaxs they did nothing to the older trucks so the smoking shit out has nothing to do with H&S.

If the epa was worried bout the trucks blackening out intersections they'd be after the older trucks they know its not the newer stuff they did this to show off that they can do whatever they want to without consequence

blowing smoke does not do phisical harm to anyone like a fist people ruin my day by the actions all day everyday im not calling the govt to help me everyday.....

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Jake, just coming from a Neutral side of things... if you wern't a dealer for H&S would your opinion change? ;)

I tihnk we needs stop getting in each others faces about what WE as a WHOLE caused..

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
If you can, go back and look at the LML they showed in the video. It smoked up the hyway. They said it was done on private property which just happened to have btoken yellow lines all the way down the road. Yup, we all have those yellow lines in our driveways and private roads.:rolleyes:
They broke the law. Tuff shit.

adeso

wait, what?
May 30, 2011
Minot, ND
I think it is clear that we have the EPA's attention, and will have it for a while. So we need to police ourselves or the EPA will do it for us. Just like all the fads after a while they will get distracted with something else unless the sport keeps being ruined by retards attracting the attention from the wrong people. Really it is up to the shops and people that are well known in this sport to make it not cool, if the guys with the fast built trucks keep pushing that it is retarded and immature to smoke out intersections then after a while it won't be as cool any more. yea, it is a very slow process, but the EPA is not going away.