H&S Done?

2006 LBZ

Feb 8, 2011
Calgary, Ab.
Another "rumor" I heard was that H&S went to the EPA themselves and want to work all of this out, maybe the big fines and whatnot are to make it look like the EPA caught them...... just saying. Stranger things have happened.

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
I think it is clear that we have the EPA's attention, and will have it for a while. So we need to police ourselves or the EPA will do it for us. Just like all the fads after a while they will get distracted with something else unless the sport keeps being ruined by retards attracting the attention from the wrong people. Really it is up to the shops and people that are well known in this sport to make it not cool, if the guys with the fast built trucks keep pushing that it is retarded and immature to smoke out intersections then after a while it won't be as cool any more. yea, it is a very slow process, but the EPA is not going away.

Where have I heard this before.. I wonder...:thinking2:

Could it be I said this exact same thing 3 yrs ago in a "smoke switch thread" and I got absolutely flamed by a known tuner and a ton of immature Duramax owners who then thought it was cool as hell to go out and "roll coal" and so did every other "immature" Duramax owner that read that thread. Especially those who had respect for said tuner! Who claimed, "no one is going to take away diesel performance". I know that immature drivers are not the sole cause of the EPA crackdown but I am sure that smoke videos and personal experiences with heavily fueled trucks were not taken kindly and hastened the speed and severity at which they have decided to act. (I personally watched a guy in a ford black out a Caddy with a State Senators license plate, yea that was smart.) Also, I would not be surprized if they are now watching the industry very closely as a whole to see how it reacts to the sudden enforcement with changes to what's available tuning and hard parts wise. I have no crystal ball (if I did I would be one rich sumbiach) to tell you what's in store for diesel performance but I can tell you it's gonna change drastically from what we as a whole were used to. It's sad but true, a few bad apples CAN ruin the whole bushel...:(

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
wonder if H@S decided to put this out there to sell all of their tuners and call it quits before the epa came after them again. kinda ike the gun ban scare in 08' record gun and ammo sells.

1SIKDZL

Sep 5, 2012
Gilbert, AZ
What I find funny is that almost everyone is quick to point a finger at those that roll coal on public roads as the main culprit behind the epa enforcement. For every video or photo you see of someone smoking out an intersection or a prius, you will find just as many of a pulling truck or race truck smoking out a track. Do you really think the EPA sees a photo or video of a modified pulling truck smoking like a train in a pulling competition and says to themselves "its on a track so their smoke does no harm to the environment, only the punk ass kids that smoke out intersections have smoke that is bad for the environment"? I also find it funny that most everyone that is pointing the finger at "coal rollers" has their factory emmissions equipment removed such as their DPFs, egr, ect, but because their truck doesn't smoke it is all good in the epa eyes. The fact is that the EPA isn't messing with the just the diesel industry, but all parts of the automotive industry. Hell, most of the newer gasoline powered cars have up to 4 cats and o2 sensors on them, so I am sure they aren't going to just single out the diesel community and not pay attention to us eventually. I think everyone plays a part in the EPA shit, not just the "coal rollers" as everyone likes to blame.

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
What I find funny is that almost everyone is quick to point a finger at those that roll coal on public roads as the main culprit behind the epa enforcement. For every video or photo you see of someone smoking out an intersection or a prius, you will find just as many of a pulling truck or race truck smoking out a track. Do you really think the EPA sees a photo or video of a modified pulling truck smoking like a train in a pulling competition and says to themselves "its on a track so their smoke does no harm to the environment, only the punk ass kids that smoke out intersections have smoke that is bad for the environment"? I also find it funny that most everyone that is pointing the finger at "coal rollers" has their factory emmissions equipment removed such as their DPFs, egr, ect, but because their truck doesn't smoke it is all good in the epa eyes. The fact is that the EPA isn't messing with the just the diesel industry, but all parts of the automotive industry. Hell, most of the newer gasoline powered cars have up to 4 cats and o2 sensors on them, so I am sure they aren't going to just single out the diesel community and not pay attention to us eventually. I think everyone plays a part in the EPA shit, not just the "coal rollers" as everyone likes to blame.

I agree with a lot of that. Maybe we as diesel Motorsports guys will distinguish an on public highway video vs. a competition/closed course video but the problem is the smoke no matter the location. Either way it's going into the air. I love my truck and won't quit diesel. I love watching a fast truck in a video roll smoke out of a stack while spooling at the line. That said.... It's obvious to me that we need to be more responsible with the where and when. I keep my DSP switch turned down for DD period. I hate when a gasser is burning oil and blue smoke fills my cab at a light. Out of respect I try not to return the favor. I'm not a tree hugger and far from it, but I don't demand my rights and pollute just because its my right and people aren't gonna tell me what to do. It's just ignorance. It's up to the manufacturers to adjust these products to comply and move on. It is what it is and like Obama being president, we can't sit and whine forever. We just have to deal with it...

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
How many have kids here that have posted? I for one want my daughter and your kids as well to grow up inheriting one less problem from earlier generations. Clean air is one. Yes China and other countries pollute waaaaaaaaay more but that doesn't make it right for us to. To point the finger at them is two wrongs not making a right and kinda like a little kid in trouble saying "he started it". We just gotta do our part and hope the world puts pressure on them to follow suit.

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
Not as cool though :poke:

I cannot speak for Ford or Mopar but what is NOT cool about the Vette or Camaro with the exception of the sticker price? Or even todays HotRod Cadillac? Better built, better reliability, faster, cleaner, it's a win win!

Really forget about hot rods and muscle cars just in general cars and for this discussion TRUCKS are all that and more. Take the Duramax with the delivered horsepower and torque clean burning diesel today! You have a minimal impact on the environment in not only clean burning but MPG'S in a 7,000 plus pound vehicle that can tow your ass off! IMO thats down right amazing and real COOL! All done with stringent EPA regulations and recommendations! The ONLY down sign is the cost that is dumped down on the consumer!

And for the record YES I was guilty to unnecessary smoking . We all live and learn! It WAS fun but today you can see the stupidity in it!

DIESELMAFIAPER.LB7

<----new hotness
Jan 17, 2010
idaho
shop.dieselmafiaperformance.com
How many have kids here that have posted? I for one want my daughter and your kids as well to grow up inheriting one less problem from earlier generations. Clean air is one. Yes China and other countries pollute waaaaaaaaay more but that doesn't make it right for us to. To point the finger at them is two wrongs not making a right and kinda like a little kid in trouble saying "he started it". We just gotta do our part and hope the world puts pressure on them to follow suit.

Clean air cant be done by just us the community couldn't affect the air if we smoked people out all day. Id like my daughter to grow up in a free country and not spend her life trying to pay off the debt our generation allowed to be spent by putting that **** in.office but we all dont get what we want do we

1SIKDZL

Sep 5, 2012
Gilbert, AZ

I'm not seeing the humor in that? I think it would be ignorant to think that is the sole cause of this. As I stated previously, smoke is smoke whether it is on the street or track.....they both do the same harm to the environment in the EPA eyes. It isn't just the "coal rollers" that are to blame for this.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
I'm not seeing the humor in that? I think it would be ignorant to think that is the sole cause of this. As I stated previously, smoke is smoke whether it is on the street or track.....they both do the same harm to the environment in the EPA eyes. It isn't just the "coal rollers" that are to blame for this.

H&S and all the other tuners were warned by the EPA over a year ago. They chose not to listen.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az

i just find it funny cause you can smoke out a prius and post a pic on the internet, then get all hurt at me, brian, steve, and andrew cause we disagreed with the pic and said you would delete your account but now you feel smoking on the street plus racing is a cause why the EPA is on us.

1SIKDZL

Sep 5, 2012
Gilbert, AZ
H&S and all the other tuners were warned by the EPA over a year ago. They chose not to listen.

I completely agree with this and understand why they are doing what they are doing. What I don't agree with is pointing the finger at one specific group of the diesel community to take the fall. I am completely guilt of throwing some smoke on a ricer next to me revving his engine, but have seen videos of members on here dumping 5x the amount my ppe tuner does on level 5 for daily driving.

1SIKDZL

Sep 5, 2012
Gilbert, AZ
i just find it funny cause you can smoke out a prius and post a pic on the internet, then get all hurt at me, brian, steve, and andrew cause we disagreed with the pic and said you would delete your account but now you feel smoking on the street plus racing is a cause why the EPA is on us.

I don't recall Brian saying anything about it, and I never said smoking out cars on the street wasn't one of the causes....read through my previous posts. I said it isn't the ONLY reason as some on here seem to think.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I don't recall Brian saying anything about it, and I never said smoking out cars on the street wasn't one of the causes....read through my previous posts. I said it isn't the ONLY reason as some on here seem to think.

didnt say you didnt. wanna read mine again? you disagree with your own actions is what i find funny.

1SIKDZL

Sep 5, 2012
Gilbert, AZ
didnt say you didnt. wanna read mine again? you disagree with your own actions is what i find funny.

Please enlighten me where I disagree with my own actions? All I stated was that it isn't the base cause, not a cause. I am guilty of doing it and never said I wasn't, just stating that it isn't the sole reason for all of this.

Texas Chevy

Feb 14, 2011
Vista, Ca
My oly problem when my lml was stock was mileage. When I deleted it all it increased drantically. If they could have all this emissions crap and get good mileage I am all for it.