Going for tens in the zf. (Mission Accomplished!!!)

Hambone

Always learning
Jan 24, 2016
Florida
Have you already started building a motor so when she does finally pop you can slap it in and let her rip?

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
Have you already started building a motor so when she does finally pop you can slap it in and let her rip?

Nope, all my eggs are in the stock engine basket. When it goes though she will get a very mild built engine with a little hotter tuning. I'm gonna run the stock engine at as far as I possibly can.

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
I think with spray this truck has the air and fuel to do what I want to get done this year, focusing on setup because that's is something that is affordable and as this budget truck goes along I'm learning setup nets you pretty good gains over adding power. We are just looking to get the full potential out of my setup at this point.

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
picture.php

If you look close at the back of the hood on the cowl you can see just how far we are going with getting the truck to weight as little as possible. I can't wait to get a new total weight of the truck this year.

Hambone

Always learning
Jan 24, 2016
Florida
I think with spray this truck has the air and fuel to do what I want to get done this year, focusing on setup because that's is something that is affordable and as this budget truck goes along I'm learning setup nets you pretty good gains over adding power. We are just looking to get the full potential out of my setup at this point.

This is something that I feel gets overlooked so much in the diesel scene... drag racing, sled pulling...yea power is great and all but unless you can “Control” the beast what good is it :D
Seems like a lot of people have the Dyno mentality
Why I Love following this thread and your progress
Pushing a stock Motor as far possible on a budget and not just throwing money at bigger Hp/Tq
Good Luck man Hope you get 10’s this season

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
This is something that I feel gets overlooked so much in the diesel scene... drag racing, sled pulling...yea power is great and all but unless you can “Control” the beast what good is it :D
Pushing a stock Motor as far possible on a budget and not just throwing money at bigger Hp/Tq

I think 4x4 in the diesel scene helps bandaid most problems til you get to a point. Most guys can get away with locking it in on all terrains and running it down the track and be fine. But there is definitely a point that you have to start understanding setup or your not gonna get any faster. Last year was a big eye opener to me, when i threw my slicks on and my 60 didnt even change 1.8xs. After playing just with the caltracs and tire pressure got it down to 1.5xs. Seems there are some pretty serious stick shift trucks popping up so were trying to stay ahead where we can.

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo

I think 4x4 in the diesel scene helps bandaid most problems til you get to a point. Most guys can get away with locking it in on all terrains and running it down the track and be fine. But there is definitely a point that you have to start understanding setup or your not gonna get any faster. Last year was a big eye opener to me, when i threw my slicks on and my 60 didnt even change 1.8xs. After playing just with the caltracs and tire pressure got it down to 1.5xs. Seems there are some pretty serious stick shift trucks popping up so were trying to stay ahead where we can.

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
picture.php

Jake didn't do a basic b!th battery tray, he had this thing fabbed up for me to weld to my rear crossmember. N20 moving back there is next. I love how it turned out, got more coming up. :thumb:

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
jesse, your positive leads are freakin me out man! you gunna put some heat shrink on them? also, to be legal, the battery cut off must cut power from the alternator as well so when they flip that switch, the truck dies. If the alternator can back feed the system, it will keep running.

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
jesse, your positive leads are freakin me out man! you gunna put some heat shrink on them? also, to be legal, the battery cut off must cut power from the alternator as well so when they flip that switch, the truck dies. If the alternator can back feed the system, it will keep running.

Lol yeah we figured that out last night lol. Yeah we have some ends to tie up for sure, heat shrink is one of them lol

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Lol yeah we figured that out last night lol. Yeah we have some ends to tie up for sure, heat shrink is one of them lol

:D:hug: excited to see this thing make a pass! make sure who ever is videoing aint no rookie. we all wanna see it!

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
:D:hug: excited to see this thing make a pass! make sure who ever is videoing aint no rookie. we all wanna see it!

We're gonna have to go-pros all over it. Everyone digs the in cab views and I got the new Ken block hand brake in should be interesting learning the new steps, the hand brake and purging the n20, I like keeping it simple as i can so we're trying to make everything convenient. Brake handle pulled where it will hold the truck/be by the stick when its in my launching gear with brake applied/be within reach. Little stuff makes a difference. I'm very excited the manual trans record escalated very quickly but we are still very much in the game:D