Info: DPC 2012: Update Thread

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
Does anyone else think the ford guys try to act like the 6 liter POS never existed? They get a decent motor for 2 years and act like they build a quality truck again. The only way I will ever even think ford is a decent company is if they buy every junk ass 6 liter back at full retail. Any company that can sell something that junky and not own up to it is worthless to me, no matter where or who made it. F**k fords for short

BFT

DON CHINGON
May 9, 2012
Southern Cali
Must be that awesome RBP grill behind the reason you no habla

You must've meant the sig from one of the mods with wishful thinking. From the way they wrote it, I'm surprised he even knew how to change that kind of stuff.
Here is a question for macgyver. If a fag jumped on your back, would you beat him off?

BFT

DON CHINGON
May 9, 2012
Southern Cali
Does anyone else think the ford guys try to act like the 6 liter POS never existed? They get a decent motor for 2 years and act like they build a quality truck again. The only way I will ever even think ford is a decent company is if they buy every junk ass 6 liter back at full retail. Any company that can sell something that junky and not own up to it is worthless to me, no matter where or who made it. F**k fords for short

You must still have a little sand in your vag from what just happen. But what does the 6leaker and 6.7 have to do with a 6.4 winning?

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
I do think we as a dmax community should give the ford clan a little bit of slack... Havent won in a few years.. Better a 6.4 winning than a 6.0 :eek:

arneson

Aug 14, 2011
stoughton, wisconsin
I actually own a few fords unfortunetly. I own a landscaping company and most are 550. They range from 02-06. The 02truck being the most reliable for sure. Its got the 7.3 in it. Only decent motor ford made. And as for how big they are, look at the height of the diffs or fram:thumb:e. Not any higher then a gm. Fords heigjt is all in its ridiculous looking body. Cant stand the generic body and interior. Shut your ford door and then shut any gm door and u will see what im talkin about. Theres just no comparison.

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
I do think we as a dmax community should give the ford clan a little bit of slack... Havent won in a few years.. Better a 6.4 winning than a 6.0 :eek:

i'll agree with that!

Trying to get my dad to pick up a 2010 6.4 for a daily driver. He has been in love with his 99 and 00 7.3's and I think the 6.4 will serve him well.

you couldn't give a 6.0 to me to drive, tow bills would be more than a monthly payment on a real diesel.

BFT

DON CHINGON
May 9, 2012
Southern Cali
No, first for ford.

Last year would've been good. I was looking forward to demitri and shone take it all the way. I'm glad demitri got that Allison to survive this year.
If it wasn't for the trailer tow and the tractor pull mishap, they would've walked with the win.

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
I hate to state the obvious here - but Steve has been a member here since February 2010 - I wouldn't exactly call that Johnny come lately to rain on anyone's parade. I've been mostly a lurker here since November 2009 when I signed up. So by your logic, did you sign up just to combat us in this thread? We were after all here first. Kind of nonsensical isn't it?

If you go back and look - Steve didn't post until the DMAX crew was giving Dimitri and company chit - and it was a little bit of smack talk and a little bit of support to Dimitri. (More of an inside joke because they talk outside of forums).

I didn't start posting until all the comments about how the competition was rigged, some events didn't matter, etc... which started to occur once Eric was in the lead. In fact I'm pretty sure I posted that all the competitors worked hard to get to where they are and whoever wins would have earned it. I'm totally respectful of the people and vehicles that show that they have a lot of time and effort into it no matter what the brand because at the end of the day - I KNOW they are all junk as they arrive on the dealer lots fresh off the assembly line in some fashion - its just a question of what list of problems do you want to deal with - that decides what brand of truck you want.

Now - I am sure there are Ford guys out there that don't give the respect earned by other brands - we ain't them. We just ask the same in return.

Jason
Jason I stand corrected,saw the low post count and looked right past the date just figured you were here to cause problems.:eek:

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
I'm not suprised a Ford won. It was just a matter of time and I congratulate the winner.:D All the contestants worked their asses of and put their heart and soul, not excluding the money, to compete. Some may have done without in the household to pull this off.
In any competition the stars must align for the winner; no matter how good he is.
The fact is the Ford won and he deserved to win. He now gets to wear the best truck badge for a year. Congrats :thumb::D
I remember talking to my old friend, the late Joe Webb from Suncoast. We both had worked on some very fast Fords and agreed that someday someone was going to get their shit together and the Ford would be a force to reckon with.