Info: DPC 2012: Update Thread

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
You do realize that almost every part, ford, GM and dodge, is manufactured in Mexico, china, Japan and Canada? Just thought you should know.

You do realize japan makes quality stuff right? China and Mexico do not. Japanese are very good at what they do. A lot of high class products come from japan. Isuzu is one of the most respected names.

Some parts are made there for the dmax. I dk what you consider the "main part" as the block is forged in Ohio. The point they were making is it is bot made by the taco bell dog.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gc9Btb1xfNY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

BFT

DON CHINGON
May 9, 2012
Southern Cali
You do realize japan makes quality stuff right? China and Mexico do not. Japanese are very good at what they do. A lot of high class products come from japan. Isuzu is one of the most respected names.

Some parts are made there for the dmax. I dk what you consider the "main part" as the block is forged in Ohio. The point they were making is it is bot made by the taco bell dog.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gc9Btb1xfNY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I never said Japan didn't make awesome products, but you have to be homes and say that not every part is made in the US. What you call a crappy part from china is all up to the person wanting it made. They are the ones who ultimately pick what they want it made of, how strong and how thick as well.

As far as main part, I said claim to fame. The cylinder heads are the biggest and deal you guys got going on, that and EFI live.

I wouldn't brag too much about the duramaxes bottom end, mainly rods. You are pretty funny to mention "made by a taco bell dog" since taco bell is a American franchise.

What happened in the sled pull?

It seemed more driver error. From what I understand he accidentally went into neutral when he meant to go to drive abot mid track. To see the truck pick the sled up like that and drag it an extra 150'+ was pretty damn awesome.
I have the video, just need to put it on YouTube.

Oh hell, I would be all over the forums too :eek: :rofl:

Meh, I originally came on here to help demitri out and clear up a few things that were brought up. I kinda just stuck around to annoy you guys and to lurk the site, find out more about duramax too.

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
Is it safe to say jap crap jap crap?:D

It was a design between to two companies which is made in the US and Canada mostly. Any ship direct parts sure get here quickly if they come from Japan. If On not mistaken Ford has a deal with Isuzu with one of it's smaller trucks. Even if it had some outside design in it it is still better than the Ford and I drove them for years.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Hypothetical: Lets say Jeremy doesnt bag the sled pull and wins the DPC.

How many of this forum's members would've gone to Ford sites and acted like complete idiots, bragging up the win?

-or-

Would the majority of the Dmax "camp" act in a "been there, done that" halfway dignified way?

I would hope it would be the latter. The former is simply a stupid, immature way to act.

Anyway, congrats again on Erik's win. Im shocked as anyone that a lifted truck won, let alone a Ford. Never saw that coming.

All the "Jap-made", "heads melting", "IFS is junk" rhetoric is circa-2002 and just shows how little these Ford guys actually know about the Duramax.

Last edited:

duramaxdiesel

Dmax Nut
Oct 23, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I never said Japan didn't make awesome products, but you have to be homes and say that not every part is made in the US. What you call a crappy part from china is all up to the person wanting it made. They are the ones who ultimately pick what they want it made of, how strong and how thick as well.

As far as main part, I said claim to fame. The cylinder heads are the biggest and deal you guys got going on, that and EFI live.

I wouldn't brag too much about the duramaxes bottom end, mainly rods. You are pretty funny to mention "made by a taco bell dog" since taco bell is a American franchise.

It seemed more driver error. From what I understand he accidentally went into neutral when he meant to go to drive abot mid track. To see the truck pick the sled up like that and drag it an extra 150'+ was pretty damn awesome.
I have the video, just need to put it on YouTube.

Meh, I originally came on here to help demitri out and clear up a few things that were brought up. I kinda just stuck around to annoy you guys and to lurk the site, find out more about duramax too.

I don't know why, but I'm liking this guy more and more lol! His answers make me LOL:thumb:

Nick

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
I don't know why you guys are getting all worked up about some ford guys crowing a little, let them have their day, they have had sand kicked in their face for years. Just because this is a duramax forum doesn't mean they can't be members and express what they want as long as it doesn't violate the rules. If they do then they get banned. Get over it, a Ford won and obviously Eric was the best driver. If Jeremy could drive a little better he would have won. The truck is only part of the equation.

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
What happened in the sled pull?

We drew numbers out of a hat, however John Garner was not present. I drew 2nd position. When the drawing was complete, John was still not back so they gave him 1st position as test hooker ...?? When it came time to hook, he still was not present, not sure why that didn't DQ him but o-well, so I went to hook. We had not tested our 2nd gear start tcm tune yet so I did so as I was pulling forward to line up to the sled. As I did so, I snapped the CV shaft at the driver's side spindle right before the splines. I should have just hooked in 2wheel drive and pulled it 2 ft and threw away that hook, but I wasn't thinking so I backed up into the pits to fix it. I can't remember who went next, maybe John Kennedy, and he pulled it out the door. After he pulled though, the laser quit and the track crew set up a measuring tape. as far as I know, the tape was used to measure all of the subsequent pulls. I don't have a play by play because I was working on my truck, but there were people in the stands so maybe someone has videos?

I was going to try an exhibition hook but prior to pulling up to the sled, I tested my nitrous and it wouldn't fire. :mad: It may be a dead solenoid or it may be because my bottle pressure was a little over 1200psi. either way, I couldn't do much without my preturbo jet because my converter tightened up so much the day before. I tried tapping my backup nitrous that I had running through my CryO solenoid and unregulated up to an open -4 line near my air filter, but that instantly snuffed me out and I backfired.
I was pretty disappointed by the end of it, but I did learn a lot.

Jwarren

May 13, 2012
Does anyone else think the ford guys try to act like the 6 liter POS never existed? They get a decent motor for 2 years and act like they build a quality truck again. The only way I will ever even think ford is a decent company is if they buy every junk ass 6 liter back at full retail. Any company that can sell something that junky and not own up to it is worthless to me, no matter where or who made it. F**k fords for short

We are proud of the 6.0. Best motor ford got ;)

From my smart car.