DBUSH goes all in

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
For all the borrowed time club members.... It helps to periodically remind your wife that one day the big ticket build will come and it won't be cheap. At least they know ahead of time and they are somewhat prepared. I did with my wife and the day I told her it was time it wasn't too bad. Not really an argument even. Just an awkward conversation about where the money was coming from :rofl:

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
i slipped and told mine i knew in the back of my mind it was gunna happen, just not as soon as it did. i got the "WHAT!! you knew it would do that and still proceeded to put the twins on?!?!". it was one of them "better to ask for forgiveness than permission" type thing :D

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
i slipped and told mine i knew in the back of my mind it was gunna happen, just not as soon as it did. i got the "WHAT!! you knew it would do that and still proceeded to put the twins on?!?!". it was one of them "better to ask for forgiveness than permission" type thing :D

I know that does work for a lot of guys

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
So Patrick sent me a pic today of the water pump cover all powdercoated. The fluorescent lighting in the office makes the color look a little banana-ish but I assure you it's a cummins beige or I like to call it Ingersoll Beige. This pic is quite deceiving given the lighting but it matches the color card I gave them so in person I'm sure it will be ok.
null_zpsaf111660.jpg

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
Looking good! It's gonna be close Damian! Figured I better get mine running first so I don't take out all my excitement on driving yours haha. That is if I still have to drive it :thumb:

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
Looking good! It's gonna be close Damian! Figured I better get mine running first so I don't take out all my excitement on driving yours haha. That is if I still have to drive it :thumb:

I'm starting to worry my build won't be done next week. ATS said they need the truck 1 1/2 weeks to button it up and they still don't have the shortblock back from the machine shop.:eek::dontknow::help:

A little soon to panic we will see how this week plays out. Either way I'd love someone to put some miles on it before I get there to expose any quirks or leaks...that way they can be addressed before I leave on a six hour drive with limited tools.

Equally important is your break in troubleshoot gremlin period. It's time for you to shine man! When do you think you'll get your sticks back?

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
I vant to bump dis thread to eeeeenform uuuuz guyz that Newly, a generous Hawaiian dude, and I crushed three orders of Alligator tonight @ Pappadeaux.
null_zps6117d861.jpg

#:woott::food::eek:fftopic::werd:

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
Never had alligator,is that blackened?Id be a little scared:(

So we ordered the fried as usual and the waiter asks if we would like part of the order blackened. I said no but he insisted we try it and even suggested we would most likely enjoy it more than the fried. Glad we listened to that guy, the blackened was better lol. Tasted like steak if you ask me while the fried tastes like rare chicken.

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
So we ordered the fried as usual and the waiter asks if we would like part of the order blackened. I said no but he insisted we try it and even suggested we would most likely enjoy it more than the fried. Glad we listened to that guy, the blackened was better lol. Tasted like steak if you ask me while the fried tastes like rare chicken.

Blackened is delicious!! Fried is good too but the blackened is definitely the way to go. :thumb:

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
We have one, but it's far as hell.

for you cause your in f***in BFE but its right down the road from me :D

what is it you do to "blacken" something? never had blackened fish or chicken before unless you consider it cooked to the point its quite burned :roflmao:

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
for you cause your in f***in BFE but its right down the road from me :D

what is it you do to "blacken" something? never had blackened fish or chicken before unless you consider it cooked to the point its quite burned :roflmao:

In the case of the gator last night, I'm pretty sure it was just grilled but it did have some spicy seasoning on it or something.