DBUSH goes all in

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
Good luck, how bad is the leak? Whats your guess on time?

Honestly man I couldn't tell you. I've just heard they leak from the factory lol. Boost gauge flutters pretty good past 50psi

Kesha gives you get blessings! Good luck buddy!! Don't smoke the starter out like I did!

Damn, guess you were right. Skrillex didn't get the job done

I like the beige , shit looks good! :thumb:

Thanks Ryan, it looks way better in person

Trans limped and I coasted to a 12:1 @ 100
1/8 was 7:69 @ 92
Shitty 60' 1.86

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
null_zps26c7a511.jpg

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
nice:thumb: too bad the trans limped what you gonna do bout that?

Time to see if they will honor the warranty. I'm in the fourth year on that trans. The motor build tapped me out of resources if you know what I mean so at this point that's my only option. If that falls through, I'll have to wait for some time to try for that 11 again.

DieselmafiaLLY

Keep Calm and Go Crazy
Apr 6, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Time to see if they will honor the warranty. I'm in the fourth year on that trans. The motor build tapped me out of resources if you know what I mean so at this point that's my only option. If that falls through, I'll have to wait for some time to try for that 11 again.

how long is their warranty?

Andrew

Costly Obsessions
Aug 7, 2013
delaware
Like to say glad you got your truck back been watching very impressed an big fan of the ir color :thumb:

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
Like to say glad you got your truck back been watching very impressed an big fan of the ir color :thumb:

Thank you for the compliment! There for a while even I was getting worried kuz I thought it looked a little Banannaish in the pics they sent but figured the flourescent lighting was to blame. In person it really is much nicer.

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
Nice run Damian! Sounded mean!!

Thanks buddy! My launch was weak sauce lol. Was hoping I could start soft and as the night went on, try harder launches. Video quality was not so hot but ya could really hear them spinners scream. I do have a friend in town with a go pro so if I can get this Trans mess figured out, I'll be sure to hit the track with some much better video! Who knows maybe a 3rd brake light view:thumb:

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
u would think they would just do it for you as your payin them a bunch to get your motor built

That is a conclusion many would come to. Things are a bit more complicated than that. My deal with with them on the motor build was unique to say the least and honestly has nothing to do with the transmission. I purchased the transmission 4 years ago at a time I knew little about diesel performance and from a salesman who no longer works there. I paid their full retail price for it under the promise of a 5 year 500,000 mile warranty attached. I have enjoyed it and it has performed well all these years for Ddriving, moderate towing, and about 12 flawless track passes excluding last night. It's up against more power than before and I'm just assuming its weak. Only thing left to do is see if our transmission purchase agreement will be honored or not.

As for the motor build, I can tell you I'm very happy with what I got. A few bumps along the way but I'm sure most builds do. In the end I feel I was treated very fairly and they did some things over and above what we agreed upon. Three years ago I was given dealer privleges to sell their parts and through the course of time I've made great friends with Clint and a lot of the guys that work there. As you can see the situation is a bit complex and not quite so cut and dry.