DBUSH goes all in

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
Unless your loaded when it comes time to build your truck you will have a different outlook on everything. The well I might as well do this while I'm at it game is endless.

Exactly I would have loved to have had a new set of oval pistons from fingers but I flat out just didn't have the money to do it. I would have loved to have had Exergy go through my 60 overs but I just didn't have the money for that either.

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
purple bomb no goodski?

A quick site search on p0872 will quickly reveal that the E valve will stick if you look at it wrong. It's common after an overhaul and I don't blame ATS. Ill be pulling the valvebody next week to deal with it. Thanks to Mike for shedding light on the Sonnex kit to ream the opening. Took a day off work yesterday to work on the truck and I'm flat out behind at work now.

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
Working clean,checking valve movement and torquing the valve body properly go a long way in avoiding sticking valves. Sucks to hear.

The bad part is this happened when I did my first build. These were words out of Mike L.'s mouth that I followed. Made sure the valve moved amazing. Torqued it back in and still would stick. Mike took care of me though. Stand up man :thumb:

That sucks to hear Damian but at least it's just a valve body removal, not a trans :hug:

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
Working clean,checking valve movement and torquing the valve body properly go a long way in avoiding sticking valves. Sucks to hear.

Indeed. I read Mike stating that "this shit is like surgery" lol. The heavy equipment shop where I work on my truck tends to be a bit on the dirty side. I will make sure to use gloves and brake clean all the tools prior to getting started. I will also make sure the workspace itself is clean too. Can anyone chime in on the proper torque specs?

The bad part is this happened when I did my first build. These were words out of Mike L.'s mouth that I followed. Made sure the valve moved amazing. Torqued it back in and still would stick. Mike took care of me though. Stand up man :thumb:

That sucks to hear Damian but at least it's just a valve body removal, not a trans :hug:

Yes you're right. It could be worse. That 11sec pass will just have to wait a bit longer.

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
Mike can you let me know if this is the correct Sonnax kit I need?
null_zps436a7034.png

Sorry that screenshot sucks

http://www.sonnax.com/product-lines/transmission/parts/1308