DBUSH goes all in

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
If it were my truck getting the engine built I would of had em refresh the trans at the same time so I knew it was all good

Here's what you are missing... My Trans is under warranty. Warranty does not cover tearing it apart for a refresh even if it happens to be in their building at the time. I wasn't going to pay for a Trans to be refreshed when its under warranty and I don't expect them to either unless it has been proven that it is hurt. When the truck was there, all parties involved had to assume it was good to go. After I had a clutch test done with a Tech 2 and it failed I pulled er out and she's on her way. Do I wish it would have been done then? Ya of course. But that was before my first run down the track on the motor did it in.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
If it were my truck getting the engine built I would of had em refresh the trans at the same time so I knew it was all good

Always love it when guys gotta put in their two cents about "what they woulda done". It's not your build and hindsight is 20/20.

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
That's a lot of dam bolts to put out of a t/c lol

are they going to rebuild it to stage 2 specs? Or can you sweeten the pot and get a end all be all trans?

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
Well your only making a few more horsepower now than before lol
I know right lol. Steve said he thought that trap speed on the 8th mile suggests 750. I don't think it saw any more than 6-650 before. It always did great at the track before the build oh well no looking back haha.

Always love it when guys gotta put in their two cents about "what they woulda done". It's not your build and hindsight is 20/20.

Ya I hear ya. I kinda thought this already came up in this thread once before lol.

Do you even Allison bro?

^ would be perfect for one of those captions with Pauly D in the pic like everyone does lol

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
That's a lot of dam bolts to put out of a t/c lol

are they going to rebuild it to stage 2 specs? Or can you sweeten the pot and get a end all be all trans?

Ya damn bolts were HOT 2 hours after I shut the truck off once it was on the lift. The bolts even transferred heat to the socket lol. I guess the lock washers worked just as well as loctite... Sure made it less of a bitch to get out. What do you guys think? Should I loctite them when I put the Trans back in?

As far as upgrades it's just not in the cards for me right now. It already is a stage 2 Scott. I wish I had the $ for shafts but I don't. Gonna save up for them though.

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
What about mechanical loc tite?? Boogering up a few threads on the bolt so it's hard to thread in. I may or may not be guilty of such a thing in my younger days :rolleyes::screwy:

sent from a galaxy far far away

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
Those bolts def took some force to get out. Just not annoying, cursing, throw your wrench across the shop force. I bring this up because I hear so many guys bitch and complain about how hard the TC bolts are to get out yet just as many swear by using Loctite.

DieselmafiaLLY

Keep Calm and Go Crazy
Apr 6, 2013
Ontario, Canada

Ya I hear ya. I kinda thought this already came up in this thread once before

I'm just saying you've obv ran trans for a while at higher hp levels, even with right tuning it will have some wear and tear. Now that the truck is down again after just being down for a while to have the engine built would be something that would annoy me. I'm assuming that your paying to ship or having someone bring it down there so its costing you something to get it there even if it is under warranty plus the extra down time....I guess what I'm trying to say is that while it was at ATS why don't you have em check it, how much more would it of cost you to do that refresh if you now add up the downtime, shipping charges and having to pull it out yourself....maybe I'm wrong? I was just giving an opinion...

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
I'm just saying you've obv ran trans for a while at higher hp levels, even with right tuning it will have some wear and tear. Now that the truck is down again after just being down for a while to have the engine built would be something that would annoy me. I'm assuming that your paying to ship or having someone bring it down there so its costing you something to get it there even if it is under warranty plus the extra down time....I guess what I'm trying to say is that while it was at ATS why don't you have em check it, how much more would it of cost you to do that refresh if you now add up the downtime, shipping charges and having to pull it out yourself....maybe I'm wrong? I was just giving an opinion...

Yes that Trans lived between 550 and 650 for four years. While my motor was being built was an opportune time to have it refreshed. If I would have asked them at that time to refresh.... They would have wanted much more than shipping charges to refresh it as they would have had labor and parts charges. I see your point though and like James said, hindsight is 20/20.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Yes that Trans lived between 550 and 650 for four years. While my motor was being built was an opportune time to have it refreshed. If I would have asked them at that time to refresh.... They would have wanted much more than shipping charges to refresh it as they would have had labor and parts charges. I see your point though and like James said, hindsight is 20/20.

yup, everyone has to draw the line somewhere for their "budget".