Crossfit

lts1ow

Needs moar PAH!
May 14, 2012
NJ
Because a lot of weight lifters have zero cardio capacity & trash talk anyone that trains in anything other than lifting heavy.

Yeah, I *could* spend all my time lifting as heavy as possible and get jacked & huge, but what good would that do me in an actual fight or a situation where I had to run quickly or avoid an obstacle.

At the end of the day, to each their own & people should just respect and encourage one another for not being lazy and training in whatever they like.

You are making some pretty big assumptions there. But, to be fair, most of the trash talk on CF has been made on stereotypes so its cool.

Try doing a 1600 total at 220bw natty. You won't be a fat lard thats for sure. I do not train cardio but I can easily run a 5k if I so pleased.

Just saying, all stereotypes are not always true. :eek:

02CCSB

Built
May 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Canada
I do not think a kipping pull up is going to help you in a fight, Running is for scared girls, And weight lifter run through obstacles not around them haha

Running is for chasing down & beating the living hell out of anyone that messes with my kids.

You are making some pretty big assumptions there. But, to be fair, most of the trash talk on CF has been made on stereotypes so its cool.

Try doing a 1600 total at 220bw natty. You won't be a fat lard thats for sure. I do not train cardio but I can easily run a 5k if I so pleased.

Just saying, all stereotypes are not always true. :eek:

1600 what? I don't even want to run 5K. I'd rather run wind sprints all day than have to do a 5K.

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
Running is for chasing down & beating the living hell out of anyone that messes with my kids.

1600 what? I don't even want to run 5K. I'd rather run wind sprints all day than have to do a 5K.

1600lbs of weight between 3 max weight lifts. Bench press, squat, and deadlift.

To be a somewhat competitive as a power lifter you must be able to at least lift 3 times your body weight for each lift. So, in other words, you have to be solid muscle and have an extreme focus

Mile_high

The Mad Hatter
Oct 31, 2009
Denver, Colorado
First off, I'm not a cross fitter... I train, I will use any means necessary to get the results I want (with out juice) Secondly Nick asked about Cross fit not Powerlifting, Bodybuilding, Olympic or Strongman, the rest of the meat heads jumped on the cross fit hate wagon:D (I use the term meathead lightly so relax meatheads)

So I'm going to throw my 2 cents in here. It's just training guys, all of it, and nobodies one way is going to be the best or work for everyone. Different strokes for different folks you know. I just get real sick and tired of people baggin on others accomplishments because it's not the norm or there prefrence. Hence the offer to give it a try before you say it's easy, just cardio or whatever. Anywho, rant over, carry on you Globo Gym Hardasses:hug:

:thumb:

I have found a CF gym with an emphasis on strength and gymnastics and like it a lot. I first went to CrossFit to get more time with oly lifts. I stayed because I liked the results I was seeing from metcon efforts. I now do 4-5 CF wods/ week.

I am 185lb and a towering 5'10", but run 2-3 marathons a year, and clean and jerk 245#.

I like the body I have built. It serves me well while at work and play. I hope you guys do too, no matter what your stats may be. Like burndown said, it takes all kinds.

TQMONSTR

Nov 19, 2009
Canada

To be a somewhat competitive as a power lifter you must be able to at least lift 3 times your body weight for each lift. So, in other words, you have to be solid muscle and have an extreme focus

Not sure if you're talking about geared powerlifting(bench shirts and squat suits) but I don't know of any powerlifters who can do a 3x body weight bench without a bench shirt.

02CCSB

Built
May 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Canada

I am, admittedly, waaaaaaaaay off from there. I barely break 1050.

Big Block 88

Multiple choice muscle
Nov 3, 2008
Kansas when I am home
Because a lot of weight lifters have zero cardio capacity & trash talk anyone that trains in anything other than lifting heavy.

Yeah, I *could* spend all my time lifting as heavy as possible and get jacked & huge, but what good would that do me in an actual fight or a situation where I had to run quickly or avoid an obstacle.

At the end of the day, to each their own & people should just respect and encourage one another for not being lazy and training in whatever they like.

Your know personally??? When was lifting hard overseas I could still knock down my 2 mile run in full rattle (65 lbs no neck roll butt or nut flaps..) with plenty of time to spare, IMO a sub 9 min mile in full rattle is cookin right along.

I am the most out shape now than I have ever been. But I have started hitting it hard again, as for anabolics I believe in them and will use them again but at a lower level.

The scar tissue I had in my chest was NOT from abuse or miss use... I sustained an injury whie overseas and it was believed by m surgeon that it tore a lot of my pec muscles. My passenger in the truck ended up landing on me and he was fully rigged so it smooshed me pretty good. Anabolics have there place, crossfit has its place, powerlifting, cardio, circuit training all have there uses and benefits.

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
First Crossfit class is tomorrow... we are going to do "Murph" not looking forward to that one

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Scale it if you aren't used to moving that much. That isn't a good workout to start off with as prescribed.

cardio wise I am good to do it... i can do the pushups, and squats no problem. the pullups on the other hand ahhh not so much if i can get threw 50 i'll be happy.

Mile_high

The Mad Hatter
Oct 31, 2009
Denver, Colorado
cardio wise I am good to do it... i can do the pushups, and squats no problem. the pullups on the other hand ahhh not so much if i can get threw 50 i'll be happy.

Have fun! I'll be dawning the weight vest tomorrow as well. I'm in Vail, CO for the weekend. We will see how the big dog elevation goes.

Mile_high

The Mad Hatter
Oct 31, 2009
Denver, Colorado
have you ever been to Crossfit Broadway?

No. I don't hit the big gyms much. I've competed at a couple local events and been to training and seminars in Denver, but just for education; I'm not a coach.

CrossFit eminence and CrossFit verve are the other big names in Denver.

I'm in northern Colorado and like to stick with my little hole in the wall gym.

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
alright definitely didn't do Murph the owner wouldnt let me due to being my first day so I did some benchmark test. 500m row, 40 air squats, 30 situps, 20 pushups, and 10 pull ups. Took me a whooping 5:20 lol

02CCSB

Built
May 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Canada
That is a common "Baseline" test, we had a 5 minute time limit the last time I did it, which was almost a year ago, my time was sub 4.

I didn't think there was any way in hell they would make you do Murph on the first day, thats one of the most brutal WODs there is.

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
That is a common "Baseline" test, we had a 5 minute time limit the last time I did it, which was almost a year ago, my time was sub 4.

I didn't think there was any way in hell they would make you do Murph on the first day, thats one of the most brutal WODs there is.

One thing that was strange is after i finished it all i got super light headed. I wasn't even sweating and not out of breathe. I am used to training outside so maybe lack of ventilation?