Crossfit

02CCSB

Built
May 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Canada
I'm 37, 5'10", 195lbs.

I crossfit 3-5 days a week with a focus on heavy lifting, MMA train 2-3 days a week.

At the end of the day, Crossfit all comes down to a few things.

- The coaches, just because some twat has a CF Level 1 it does not make him an expert.

- What an athlete gets out of it comes down to what they put into it. If you're having issues with Oly lifts and pain or joint problems, stop, mobilize and recover.

I have seen a LOT of guys come into both my CF & my MMA gym, talking trash, they think they're big, they think they're tough & they don't last. Can't hack it.

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
The reason I asked is I have done bootcamp for about 16 months. It is a mix of HIIT, tons of cardio, light weights and body weight/core work. I'm kinda bored I know all about Crossfit and the bro shit but I do not have the drive to go to the gym and workout hence my thought of giving it a try. I have already set my limits regardless of time BS I would never jeopardize my body to beat my previous time. A new Crossfit gym is opening up 3 minutes from my house and they have a 5:30am-6:30am class which is what I go to now.

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
Crossfit is exercise, not training. There's is a good article about crossfit on Tnation.

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
I wish there was as many PL gyms as there are CF :(

Seriously. Here in SA there is a damn crossfit gym on every block it seems. Only powerlifting gym I really know of here is called Olyimpic gym, it has chalk stations like every 5 feet, tons of racks and barbells with bumper weights for days.

Duramax_JP

Jul 3, 2008
The reason I asked is I have done bootcamp for about 16 months. It is a mix of HIIT, tons of cardio, light weights and body weight/core work. I'm kinda bored I know all about Crossfit and the bro shit but I do not have the drive to go to the gym and workout hence my thought of giving it a try. I have already set my limits regardless of time BS I would never jeopardize my body to beat my previous time. A new Crossfit gym is opening up 3 minutes from my house and they have a 5:30am-6:30am class which is what I go to now.

Id give it a shot. I really like the group aspect of the classes as I am a very competitive person and found myself pushing myself much more than when I train alone. That and if you find a good gym theres often some good people you get to meet. Definitely met a couple good looking girls while I was going too.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho

Go for it Nick, I think you will really like it.

Crossfit Fairbanks has a program called "Move Fast Lift Heavy" It's Squats, Bench, Deadlifts & Olympic stuff. Very cool program, besides they still offer the std. crossfit wods.

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
I started High fat / low carb-zero carb and it sucked. I eat tons of carbs now like 150-200g from sweet potatoes. Paleo in its simplistic form is great... No processed food, no gut irritating foods like wheat, corn etc. Minimal dairy, no beans and I eat 90% organic and grass fed food. Its great I feel good.