Congrats Trrent goes 146 mph

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
The red light will change the time of the run. It will be really noticeable at the 60' and then seem less toward the end of the run. Its not like if you red light they just start the clock when it turns green. The time starts when you break the stage beam, and the number between green and this time equals a negative foul time. The time slip should have your foul time (a negative number), you can subtract that from your 1/4 mile time. The 60' will never be known exactly as the negative time is the overall run, but you can figure it kind of close. Maybe like 8/10s of the foul time or something.

Nice run though

What was the foul time?

Last edited:

LBZrcks

Jun 2, 2007
SoCal
Here's another vid of the pass.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/f2TVhHXOOzI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/f2TVhHXOOzI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

wdino73

Sep 25, 2009
Versailles, Ky
Hey Trent. But that bad bitch back on the trailer an run her again, that will settle it.
YOUR MY HERO, :thumb::thumb: I would love to have been there.

Rhall

Old Skooler
Aug 12, 2006
Texas Y'all
The red light will change the time of the run. It will be really noticeable at the 60' and then seem less toward the end of the run. Its not like if you red light they just start the clock when it turns green. The time starts when you break the stage beam, and the number between green and this time equals a negative foul time. The time slip should have your foul time (a negative number), you can subtract that from your 1/4 mile time. The 60' will never be known exactly as the negative time is the overall run, but you can figure it kind of close. Maybe like 8/10s of the foul time or something.

Nice run though

What was the foul time?

This is not the case at all tracks, our local track shows your foul time in the reaction time, but besides that all times are correct.

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
This is not the case at all tracks, our local track shows your foul time in the reaction time, but besides that all times are correct.

Some tracks do that indeed (they actually do the math for you and factor the foul time in). In this case I would bet not as a .98 60' is no where near correct (do you). And his mph is the same as his 10.5 run. As much as I'd like to see he went low 9s, I am pretty sure it is setup like this where he ran. What timing equipment was it? The slip will also say that...as well as the foul time...

Oh, and they set it up both ways depending on heads up or bracket.....

Last edited:

Rhall

Old Skooler
Aug 12, 2006
Texas Y'all
Yes thats true, what did the other truck run in the other lane? Hes got the same mph as caged fury making 9.4 sec passes, but doesnt look as fast during the middle. Only way to tell is to get back out. Go make some TNT passes this week Trent.:D

bigbird

Sep 18, 2006
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Congrats trent. Huge mph. We'll never know for sure but my guess is 9.5-9.7 based on the theory that a tenth in the 60 is double on the big end. Your 60 was around .05 off . The mph supports a mid 9 pass or better.

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
Congrats trent. Huge mph. We'll never know for sure but my guess is 9.5-9.7 based on the theory that a tenth in the 60 is double on the big end. Your 60 was around .05 off . The mph supports a mid 9 pass or better.

If his 60 was .05 off that would make it 1.03 and that is still not right, it more like 0.4 off.

Last edited:

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Correction

60 - .98 ( BS )
1/8 5.924
1/8 113.29
1/4 9.388
1/4 146.022

Any one have any thoughts ???????????????????????????
I want to be super excited but not sure and pretty confused , and desperately wanting to see a video of the run , i know it was taken so it should hit some time , thanks every one i really appreciate it :hug:

But like i said i still have some more fuel I was holding 26,200 on the rail so can add more next time if i dare , and will def be out again soon with the truck , and really want to back up the runs , only problem is i now need a few extra bars and a license :(
That is definitely some strong MPH and shows lots of promise. Like you, I think the 60' time is off for some reason. Whatever amount of error in the 60' would be the same for every other time on the slip. Just to hypothesize:

60 - .98 ( BS ) 1.35 realistically difference of .37
1/8 5.924 + .37 corrected to 6.29
1/8 113.29 should be accurate
1/4 9.388 + .37 corrected to 9.75
1/4 146.022 should be accurate

Using the old trick of multiplying the 1/8 mile ET by 1.55 we can check these numbers. 5.92 x 1.55 = 9.17, but 6.29 x 1.55 = 9.74 which is very close to what I came up with in my calculations above. Because your MPH is so strong, your 1/8 mile splits may be a little better than 1.55, but that is what all my splits were my last time on the track. Once you get the launching figured out and the suspension dialed in, I see no reason why you wouldn't be running low 9s with that tune and maybe faster if you turn it up.

As far as the red light being the cause of the inaccuracy, I have never been on a track that didn't just give a negative reaction time (or less than .500 if that is a perfect time on that particular track's timing system) and leave all the other times accurate. The only thing I have seen is if you left before the third amber light, it will say LB3A and give no other times or MPH on the slip.

dieselson

Oct 14, 2006
Huntington Beach, CA
Congrats trent! Way to represent the dmaxes at this event :thumb:. 146 is really fast. I think seth sullivan ran a 9.31@146 in that red and green 4x4 dodge, so your mph is there.

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
That is definitely some strong MPH and shows lots of promise. Like you, I think the 60' time is off for some reason. Whatever amount of error in the 60' would be the same for every other time on the slip. Just to hypothesize:

60 - .98 ( BS ) 1.35 realistically difference of .37
1/8 5.924 + .37 corrected to 6.29
1/8 113.29 should be accurate
1/4 9.388 + .37 corrected to 9.75
1/4 146.022 should be accurate

Using the old trick of multiplying the 1/8 mile ET by 1.55 we can check these numbers. 5.92 x 1.55 = 9.17, but 6.29 x 1.55 = 9.74 which is very close to what I came up with in my calculations above. Because your MPH is so strong, your 1/8 mile splits may be a little better than 1.55, but that is what all my splits were my last time on the track. Once you get the launching figured out and the suspension dialed in, I see no reason why you wouldn't be running low 9s with that tune and maybe faster if you turn it up.

As far as the red light being the cause of the inaccuracy, I have never been on a track that didn't just give a negative reaction time (or less than .500 if that is a perfect time on that particular track's timing system) and leave all the other times accurate. The only thing I have seen is if you left before the third amber light, it will say LB3A and give no other times or MPH on the slip.

Need some other 60' times from Trent and see what it did. Truck looked like it defueled off the launch, most likely the 1-2 shift. Whatever the et was it was going 146 at the end. If the 1/8 mile et was 6.29 the according to this calculator; http://www.hotrodpitstop.com/tools.html#3,

the et would be 9.938 so that probably brackets it, 9.75 to 9.938. and according to Trent he has not touched the suspension yet.

Last edited: