Congrats Trrent goes 146 mph

kman2468

Old Man Truck
May 3, 2009
yes and if i woulda went as soon as red light came up to when the board display comes up it is a 10.68

kman2468

Old Man Truck
May 3, 2009
thats what i thought..but when the red light goes, and from when they both take off it is about .5-.7 seconds

Redbowties88

Sideways > Straight ;)
Aug 24, 2009
609 New Jersey
doesn't matter, when you roll through the beams the clock starts. you can sit at a green light for 10 seconds and it still wont effect your ET. also both lanes are seperate remember.

kman2468

Old Man Truck
May 3, 2009
i know im just saying. if i got from when red light turns on to the board turns on it is 10.68 seconds

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
doesn't matter, when you roll through the beams the clock starts. you can sit at a green light for 10 seconds and it still wont effect your ET. also both lanes are seperate remember.

not on a Pro tree , that is why the rear wheels started the clock and not the front . the only way to get the time is from the time the truck leaves to when it passes the 1/4 mile mark , that is the one thing we dont know , is were the sensor is , is it at the board ? or further down ? and is it when the board lights up with the time ? or before ? I dont think it can be figured out .

kman2468

Old Man Truck
May 3, 2009
the second video i did is from when your truck starts moving till when i think? you cross the board. but it is so hard. it sucks that the time may never be known!

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Trent, I hope you didn't take my first post with the calculations as a slight against you. I think what you accomplished is very impressive. I was simply trying to help you get a ball park idea of what your ET might have been, but Joey's post kind of rubbed me the wrong way. Anyway, congrats on the improvements. Keep it up, and good luck on your next outting. From what I read on CompD it looks like you might head up to Boise next? Any idea when that might be? You got your halo and A-pillar bars figured out yet? Looks like you're going to need them.

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
Trent, I hope you didn't take my first post with the calculations as a slight against you. I think what you accomplished is very impressive. I was simply trying to help you get a ball park idea of what your ET might have been, but Joey's post kind of rubbed me the wrong way. Anyway, congrats on the improvements. Keep it up, and good luck on your next outting. From what I read on CompD it looks like you might head up to Boise next? Any idea when that might be? You got your halo and A-pillar bars figured out yet? Looks like you're going to need them.

no not at all , i was just laughing because i though your post was funny :hug: that is one of my favorite smiley's :D

but to answer your question yes i will have a cage by then , doing it myself and have some decent idea's , and will either hit boise or vegas sometime in the next month hopefully.

Last edited:

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
no not at all , i was just laughing because i though your post was funny :hug: that is one of my favorite smiley's :D

but to answer your question yes i will have a cage by then , doing it myself and have some decent idea's , and will either hit boise or vegas sometime in the next month hopefully.
I know you will, but make sure you keep us updated. It will be interesting to see how your truck does since you have done things on your truck that no other 4x4 Duramax has done.

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
I know you will, but make sure you keep us updated. It will be interesting to see how your truck does since you have done things on your truck that no other 4x4 Duramax has done.

I really badly need some time at my local track tuning the 4link they are having surface problems and except for one T&T haven't been open , i know its isn't set to full prime and needs attention but left it where it had been because i at least knew what to expect out of it and has been really smooth and stable , but havent even had enough runs to see what it needs really i could just have to get the boost up more , it seemed to hook real good my last run at the lower tire pressure , i think it will take most the year to see what it can do and if it is worth the effort or not , def good foe weight savings still but traction was its initial reason for building .

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
After reading through this thread i realized that through the excitement and drama i never did thank all the people who have helped out with the truck and i couldn't have done what i have with out help .

First and for most my wife Jessica she is pretty dang understanding to put up with all of this crap :rofl:

Matt Moon with Gillett Diesel , he is an invaluable source of knowledge , experience , and helped every step of the way with helping me machining the engine parts, selecting turbo's , injectors, and anything else you can think off, and supplied 90% of the parts on the truck , yes i paid for them but he did a lot of leg work and always came through to meet the tough deadlines .

Mike Lovrich with Inglewood Transmissions , his knowledge on the Allison is second to none and is the only reason the truck was even able to make it through that kind of a day and drive onto the trailer under its own power ! Yes i assembled it but his experience and idea's are what really deserve the credit .

Rick D Lance , he has answer a whole lot of phone calls and a lot of questions , for those that don't know Rick built Race car chassis for longer than a lof of the members here have been alive and helped me a lot through the whole process a bunch .

Matt Larsen and Dimitri , having experienced racers to bounce idea's off of and share our experience and knowledge from 3-4 different built up fast Duramax's , it really helps not having to learn a lot of stuff the hard way and is a big reason for all of our success's.

All the great members of this site , i have learned more than i can count from this site and the great people that are part of it , and have tried my best to give back as much or more than i have taken .

Last edited:

LB7Diesel

Oh Boy!
Sep 3, 2006
Melbourne, F.L.
:hifinger:

:blowme: There Partner!;)

There's 10 pages of skeptics who are trying to mathmaticaly piece the run together, and don't even have creditable data to do so with! Duh! The only FACTS are the truck went 146, TWICE!!! Anybody that knows anything about drag racing knows a 9 sec pass is easily achievable with that MPH! Which is excactly what Chris said!!

Nothing was dirrected at you, nor anyone else individualy, so don't be a D!ck!

Team Overkill

<---Where my money goes
Oct 15, 2009
Illinois/Nebraska
After reading through this thread i realized that through the excitement and drama i never did thank all the people who have helped out with the truck and i couldn't have done what i have with out help .

First and for most my wife Jessica she is pretty dang understanding to put up with all of this crap :rofl:

Matt Moon with Gillett Diesel , he is an invaluable source of knowledge , experience , and helped every step of the way with helping me machining the engine parts, selecting turbo's , injectors, and anything else you can think off, and supplied 90% of the parts on the truck , yes i paid for them but he did a lot of leg work and always came through to meet the tough deadlines .

Mike Lovrich with Inglewood Transmissions , his knowledge on the Allison is second to none and is the only reason the truck was even able to make it through that kind of a day and drive onto the trailer under its own power ! Yes i assembled it but his experience and idea's are what really deserve the credit .

Rick D Lance , he has answer a whole lot of phone calls and a lot of questions , for those that don't know Rick built Race car chassis for longer than a lof of the members here have been alive and helped me a lot through the whole process a bunch .

Matt Larsen and Dimitri , having experienced racers to bounce idea's off of and share our experience and knowledge from 3-4 different built up fast Duramax's , it really helps not having to learn a lot of stuff the hard way and is a big reason for all of our success's.

All the great members of this site , i have learned more than i can count from this site and the great people that are part of it , and have tried my best to give back as much or more than i have taken .

:thumb: Sounds like a great group of people to know. I'll be getting my parts and advice from Mike when i refreshin up my trans.