1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
It's a shame the Wagler aluminum castings had problems at high power levels. I'm running a set (only 790 HP) and they flow great as-cast. But they discontinued them, so I can't use them on the lower power stuff for some easy performance.

I was disappointed in the Edelbrock heads too.

You should slap some L5P heads on there, I bet the LLY FICM (and definitely the upcoming FUCM) can run the L5P injectors...

Sent from my FlashScan V2 using Tapatalk
With the difference in signals, That might require some hardware changes to make that happen. But anything is possible. I would have to Defer that to Jason and Ken though.

As for Edledbrock, Since they sold out to Private Equity, I doubt they will get back to it.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
It's a shame the Wagler aluminum castings had problems at high power levels. I'm running a set (only 790 HP) and they flow great as-cast. But they discontinued them, so I can't use them on the lower power stuff for some easy performance.

I was disappointed in the Edelbrock heads too.

You should slap some L5P heads on there, I bet the LLY FICM (and definitely the upcoming FUCM) can run the L5P injectors...

Sent from my FlashScan V2 using Tapatalk

With the difference in signals, That might require some hardware changes to make that happen. But anything is possible. I would have to Defer that to Jason and Ken though.

As for Edledbrock, Since they sold out to Private Equity, I doubt they will get back to it.
If everything pans out as expected, it should have no problems running any of the solenoid based injectors. And with some tweaking it might even be able to do the piezoelectric ones

The voltage is adjustable to be able to match it to whatever you want from LB7 down to whatever lower level the L5P uses. I suspect 24 volts

But is there any reason why LLY injectors wouldn't fit in an L5P head?

If anyone wants to send me an L5P injector I'll test it on the OEM FICM to see if it works without throwing a fit. I'm guessing it's half the voltage of the LLY so double the current

Reactions: DAVe3283

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Larsen, Wisconsin
No idea yet. It’s been years since I last looked into them. I’ll have to do my research again

My biggest thing is I want boost starting to come on around 1500rpm and full in around 1700. That way I can be towing along in 6th and not downshift. Granted she’s probably going to be retired from the big trailer . Be smaller stuff
Could go even like 362 or 363. If I recall from the turbo response testing that was done ages ago, a 364.5 came up very very fast which surprised most of us at the time.

For how you abuse things I think an internally gated S300 would be the ticket in the valley.

Reactions: 1FastBrick

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
L5p injectors are completely different looking than lly. They don’t mount the same. It would be far easier to use L5p injectors on a lly ficm/ecm. The problem is the amount of reworking needed to do it for everything that attaches to them.

It would probably be well worth the effort to do based on the massive amount of flow they have but time is always the enemy.