1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
@Bdsankey Are you talking some GMT-900 seats or later GMT-800 seats? How are you planning to adapt the power to them? Have you thought about using the stock heat function with the door button? If I could do that I would swap in later GMT-800 seats too.

I wish I could find some back foam...
You be happy to know I recently threw a set of captains chairs in the trash....

So tired of the guys that think they are funny offering a 3rd of what your asking...

Not to mention the other half that make a deal and then ghost you.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Larsen, Wisconsin
@Bdsankey Are you talking some GMT-900 seats or later GMT-800 seats? How are you planning to adapt the power to them? Have you thought about using the stock heat function with the door button? If I could do that I would swap in later GMT-800 seats too.

I wish I could find some back foam...
GMT-800. I know a few guys have done the conversion and it works just fine. The heated seat portion is a bit more involved since 01-02 have a temp sensor so that has to be essentially grafted onto the 03-07 heating element or you can adapt the 01-02 element (not available new anymore) to the later style cover/foam.

I've seen the late seats put in, temp sensor retrofitted, and them work just like the OEM installed it.

As for connectors, I have a 05 LLY cab here that has the OEM required plug. I'd like to keep my 02 cab harness in tact so first step is to count wires and see if I can retrofit the 01-02 seat connectors to the 03-07 seats.

With the Katzkin kit, they have their own switch so I am going to likely try and 3D print a new insert to take the place of the OEM 01-02 heated seat buttons which shouldn't be hard.

What’s the plan for seat belts?
Later style meaning 03-07 with integrated belts. Those foams are available and the covers are available from Katzkin whereas it appears back foam is non-existent for 99-02 style seats.

If my back foams were good I would be keeping these style seats but unfortunately both my back foams are obliterated. The only good foam is the passenger side bottom haha.

shakenfake

Moron
Sep 15, 2022
Shlumpt, TX
GMT-800. I know a few guys have done the conversion and it works just fine. The heated seat portion is a bit more involved since 01-02 have a temp sensor so that has to be essentially grafted onto the 03-07 heating element or you can adapt the 01-02 element (not available new anymore) to the later style cover/foam.

I've seen the late seats put in, temp sensor retrofitted, and them work just like the OEM installed it.
If you have any info on this send it to me. I have never seen it done on a powered 12 way. Getting the powered part isn't too bad but I do want to retain memory function etc.

I wonder if I can just install 03-07 bottom foam on my 99, that may look funky though.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az

As for connectors, I have a 05 LLY cab here that has the OEM required plug. I'd like to keep my 02 cab harness in tact so first step is to count wires and see if I can retrofit the 01-02 seat connectors to the 03-07 seats.

With the Katzkin kit, they have their own switch so I am going to likely try and 3D print a new insert to take the place of the OEM 01-02 heated seat buttons which shouldn't be hard.

Later style meaning 03-07 with integrated belts. Those foams are available and the covers are available from Katzkin whereas it appears back foam is non-existent for 99-02 style seats.

If my back foams were good I would be keeping these style seats but unfortunately both my back foams are obliterated. The only good foam is the passenger side bottom haha.

Oooohhhh I was thinking you were going to do the gmt900 seats.

Guess it’s a good thing my foams and seat elements are still good.

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
Didn’t @DAVe3283 integrate heated and power seats into something?
I know the thread you are thinking about, but can't find it for the life of me. We were discussing how to add GMT800 captain's chairs to a vintage truck and keep the heated seat. Simplest way is to just wire the butt and back heaters to a 3 way switch as series/off/parallel which gives you low/off/high. But you can theoretically make them work with the OEM controls too if you bring enough modules off the donor truck.

I suspect @Bdsankey already knows/has a plan, but I did run across an old thread with some of the wiring for the 03+ seats: https://www.duramaxdiesels.com/foru...nual-seat-for-full-power-heated-lumbar.87297/