Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I’d be curious to see what the temps are coming in before the radiator

I don’t know, I’d be curious. The stock sensor is prone to heat soak too. The heat exchanger in my radiator is suppose to be much better than stock as well so maybe?

I'm in the same boat as you I don't like slowing down

It’s a terrible thing lmao

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Got a pair of frame brackets from 1Fastbrick (thank you sir!) and ill be picking up a stock bumper and all the stuff i need from it hopefully wednesday. probably wont get any of this stuff install for a month or two but atleast ill have it. aux radiator has to be built anyhow and im waiting on joe to get back in town to order it. hes adding provisions for the oil cooler to attach to the front of the aux cooler. i have not decided if i want to run it on the front of the aux cooler as it will induce more heat so i may try running it off to the side and on the front to see if it makes a difference. wanted to try to do all this before the heat went away but with my schedule, its not looking like it.

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Ordered the radiator and fan kit, figured on a 3-4 week build time but waiting to hear back from Ron Davis, might be able to pick it all up Tuesday of next week!

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Did a bunch of running around today but I now have everything to put this sucker together. Grabbed the aux rad from Joe along with fan, shroud and front end shrouding. Then ran across town to pull a bumper off my buddies truck he’s parting out. It’s not perfect but had everything I needed. Going to see if I can pop the dent out and get a new top plastic piece before I get the plastics color matched

335b9b2127d12b707727c49ca655087c.jpg

e76c94899a208adf06688f50e43e91cf.jpg

Now to figure out when the hell I can do it all. Maybe over my week off between Christmas and New Years..... if I can make myself wait that long

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
So I worked over the tracker pretty good on my trip in Mexico. 200 mile round trip of dirt punishment. Tweaked the frame and killed the front suspension.... So I’m dailying the limo.

That said, needed to work on some things. Swapped the solid fan hub back to the viscous clutch, changed a bad brake bulb out, put the “tow tune” back in and Josh has freed up time to get the 6 speed tuning dialed for running G3 clutches.

On the first revision today and so far so good. Cleaner smoother down shifts and thus far (crossing fingers), the “bump” I get when the trans is hot from the 2-1 down shift/false neutral is cleaning up. Tomorrow morning I’ll see if the rough down shifts when cold are cleaner.

I do need to figure out what I want to do for a dual fueled controller, 90% sure mines dieing as it lopes/rattles coming to an idle from a coast and sometimes lopes just idling.

Did walk a mmi kid on a Harley on the on ramp. Was getting the trans learned on the new tune and looked back to see the bike trying to keep up but just fading back. That was pretty funny

lutzjk913

May 5, 2010
groveport, ohio
Harleys are loud and slow from what ive seen. Lol

Back in the day when my dad was still around he had a road king. Not much left stock on it obviously but I watched him have traction issues through second gear and still run low 13’s. With a shitty launch and spinning through second I’ll take that. Lol

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
I saw a newer Harley a few weeks ago. No idea what it was, but it was a beautiful motorcycle. Quiet, too....which was strange.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
So I worked over the tracker pretty good on my trip in Mexico. 200 mile round trip of dirt punishment. Tweaked the frame and killed the front suspension.... So I’m dailying the limo.

That said, needed to work on some things. Swapped the solid fan hub back to the viscous clutch, changed a bad brake bulb out, put the “tow tune” back in and Josh has freed up time to get the 6 speed tuning dialed for running G3 clutches.

On the first revision today and so far so good. Cleaner smoother down shifts and thus far (crossing fingers), the “bump” I get when the trans is hot from the 2-1 down shift/false neutral is cleaning up. Tomorrow morning I’ll see if the rough down shifts when cold are cleaner.

I do need to figure out what I want to do for a dual fueled controller, 90% sure mines dieing as it lopes/rattles coming to an idle from a coast and sometimes lopes just idling.

Did walk a mmi kid on a Harley on the on ramp. Was getting the trans learned on the new tune and looked back to see the bike trying to keep up but just fading back. That was pretty funny

James, I have new trim springs to test for the downshift.

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
The ones these guys ride are those 103 bikes. Same damn thing I’ve whooped up on that a guy in my neighborhood has and thinks it’s the shit.

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Seems the old girl doesn’t like all the daily duties since the tracker has been put off to the side for repair.

Lift pump started leaking pretty bad the last week or so, lower oil pan started weeping enough to leak on the ground, inj 2 plug started messing with me like lly’s always do, front end has a clunk, and fuel sender gets iffy at 1/8 tank and below.

Got new o-rings coming from airdog but didn’t show up for the weekend. So started on her today hoping to get most this knocked out. Worked on the injector plugs first. Relatively simple. Fixed some loose wiring, hot side intercooler tube that was hitting the frame and tidied a few things up under there after fixing the plugs. Did inj 7 as well as it gave me issues 2 years ago till I picked it and bent the metal tabs in more (didn’t jam it all the way through the metal)

Soldiered up and waiting on heat shrink
9e23c20bbebf12656e3aaf72992c2338.jpg

Doing this made me see the hydroboost was leaking. Didn’t get to it today but I’ll be replacing that this week.

Then on to the oil pan. Thought I’d have clearance between the lift kit crossmember and the pan so I could snake it out from under the oil pick up.... nope. Motor mounts had just enough play when you jack the engine up that I could get it out with some finagaling and a little grinding on the edge of the crossmember. Cleaned it all up, cleaned the old rtv off both pans and put it back on. Then cleaned the whole underside of the oil residue. What a fricken mess that was pulling and putting that pan in

All clean and back together
e045d9112d164fc8c78258bc3bec9355.jpg

And then only got to the lift pump. I ran the fuel lines back to stock routing so I can still drive it but wanted to get the pump out and disassembled. Looks like it was leaking out the weep hole. Lucky the fuel never got into the motor

Cleaned out most the built up junk in there but you can see it’s still some stuff there needing a cleaning. Glad the weep hole never plugged up
b99ea4347b881b216e7e0a6eb0d9ae7e.jpg

Dry as a bone
e6faf47a460acaf0dc5707089a933f19.jpg

Brushes look good but a bit dirty in there. I’ll clean that out
df1c047a9d84ed64cb3fb937a83937c9.jpg

Bearings in the motor feel dry on grease. They don’t feel rough which is good. I’ll snake a grease needle under the seals and add a bit to them.

There is 2 bad o-rings, one on the back of the motor by the brushes and the other that seals the motor from the fuel. Rest look good.

Then went to back the truck in and noticed some coolant on the floor under the front end. Oh looky there, water pump is leaking out the weep hole... smh... well guess I get to do that as well!

So still have the clunk to address, tank sender, and now the hydroboost and a water pump.

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
And then only got to the lift pump. I ran the fuel lines back to stock routing so I can still drive it but wanted to get the pump out and disassembled. Looks like it was leaking out the weep hole. Lucky the fuel never got into the motor

Cleaned out most the built up junk in there but you can see it’s still some stuff there needing a cleaning. Glad the weep hole never plugged up

Brushes look good but a bit dirty in there. I’ll clean that out

Bearings in the motor feel dry on grease. They don’t feel rough which is good. I’ll snake a grease needle under the seals and add a bit to them.

There is 2 bad o-rings, one on the back of the motor by the brushes and the other that seals the motor from the fuel. Rest look good.
You lucked out, my friend. Once you get diesel in the motor, it combines with that graphite residue from the brushes and shorts everything out, then that's that. Plus the smell is indescribable :eek:

I had to pull my lower oil pan once (a crappy 7mm socket popped off the ratchet while attaching injector wires and went down the oil drain, so I had to go get it :mad:). I ended up removing that cross member, but I think that's a bit easier on a stock truck than a lifted one.

If you don't have anything bolted to your bed, I have found it is quicker to get to the sender by pulling the bed. If you have 2 friends (more is nicer), you can just lift it off by hand. 2+ people to lift, one to snake the fuel filler and wires down. You'd probably need 4 people, as 2 people struggled with my short bed. I guess pulling the tank isn't that hard, but you end up covered in 10 years worth of road debris, rocks, etc., and getting the fuel lines off is a PITA. With the bed off, you can drive it out and pressure wash it before getting started, and usually I don't even drop the tank at all. Just pull the sender out the top, easy as can be.

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Yeah I caught this bastard just in time. Clearly the oring around the bearing and the bearing seals were still good to hold the fuel off

I’ve really considered it but with 5th wheel rails and my tool box, it will be too big of a pain in the ass. I’ve dropped the tank enough times in this thing it ain’t all that bad as long as I keep the fuel level real low. I have a few 5 gal gas cans I use to pump it dry first. Being a lifted truck, I literally just sit under the truck and work on it lmao