Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
damn it if i didnt have any vids of my 4wd drifting escapades in flag. snow and a big empty parking lot makes for some fun :D. NAU PD came up laughing at me tellin us to leave but couldnt get over the fact i was throwing this thing around light poles like a rally car :woott:

Gasuout

Johnny
Mar 20, 2008
Santa Ana , Ca.
damn it if i didnt have any vids of my 4wd drifting escapades in flag. snow and a big empty parking lot makes for some fun :D. NAU PD came up laughing at me tellin us to leave but couldnt get over the fact i was throwing this thing around light poles like a rally car :woott:

There ya go .... lets see some of that .... Rally Truck :thumb:

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
:roflmao:

Well got 70 miles under her belt. all good so far. water pump is making a little noise (its brand new) so we will see where that leads, not leaking out the weep hole or anything though.

Only issue i have is my gauge cluster. my Odometer/PRND and message center wont light up (they are just black) and certain indicator lights wont light up (like cruise). Everything else works as far as gauges. its had a problem before where it would take a minute or two every once and a while to come on but it would always come on. Thought i read somewhere about the cold sodier coming loose on the back of the cluster which would make sense. anyone have any experience with this? this isnt your typical stepper motor issue (that must be a 03-up deal since im still on factory stepper motors).

Gasuout

Johnny
Mar 20, 2008
Santa Ana , Ca.
:roflmao:

Well got 70 miles under her belt. all good so far. water pump is making a little noise (its brand new) so we will see where that leads, not leaking out the weep hole or anything though.

Only issue i have is my gauge cluster. my Odometer/PRND and message center wont light up (they are just black) and certain indicator lights wont light up (like cruise). Everything else works as far as gauges. its had a problem before where it would take a minute or two every once and a while to come on but it would always come on. Thought i read somewhere about the cold sodier coming loose on the back of the cluster which would make sense. anyone have any experience with this? this isnt your typical stepper motor issue (that must be a 03-up deal since im still on factory stepper motors).

When you say making a little noise ... does it sound like a whirling noise . Ran into some issues with water pumps in the past myself . Is it a AC DElco pump ?

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
When you say making a little noise ... does it sound like a whirling noise . Ran into some issues with water pumps in the past myself . Is it a AC DElco pump ?

Replaced mine 6/11 with a new ACDelco and since then it has made a whirling noise... Don't worry about it

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
ac delco tig welded from guy. not a whirling noise. more like a gear mesh noise. its gotten quieter, could be a good or bad thing lol