Carrillo Rods sale thread BS

Status
Not open for further replies.

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
i thought trent was using rubbermaid containers? how's those heads look Shane?

He is using a heavy duty storage container but they knocked a hole in it somehow during shipping. That just happened to be right where the Y bridge was. The heads look just fine. It only took me nine plus months to complete the transaction with David. That's not very kosher. At least now I have two sets in case something happens or I build a spare.

Last edited:

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
The OP is going to sell these rods for what he payed. And I can almost guarantee there won't be an issue with them. I'd buy them if I already didn't have a set.

Seriously, they are FN RODS!! It's not a kidney we are shipping around but solid pieces of steel that are built to endure thousands of psi of stress. Any impact that would cause them to distort or bend, your visually going to be able to see the evidence of this on the outside. If it was in an engine, different story.

So if they were packaged properly and returned the same way, why the concern? And if they were damaged in shipping, HELLO??? Shipping insurance?? And if you don't ship something that valuable with insurance then ur dumb.

Also re-stock fees are BS IMO unless it's a special order part that requires return to the supplier for refund or it's a part that was installed and returned. I understand if this is PPE's policy then fine, as long as the customer is made aware of this somewhere, then the OP has no grounds to be bitching on.

Of course I would make the buyer pay for shipping to return and have insurance on it but if the pieces pass inspection then re-sell the part. If it's electrical, different story. I understand no returns on electrical parts.

Last edited:

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
So much for good customer service:mad: It is bad enough that people have to wait forever on parts and then you have to pay to return them

Well today I got my Triple kit in from Trent and UPS drop the box somewhere along the way and damaged my custom Y bridge. Its gonna be a pain since it has to go back to Trent and can't until UPS completes their part of the claim. Probably another two week delay

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

He is using a heavy duty storage container but they knocked a hole in it somehow during shipping. That just happened to be right where the Y bridge was. The heads look just fine. It only took me nine plus months to complete the transaction with David. That's not very kosher. At least now I have two sets in case something happens or I build a spare.

Sorry to hear about your bad luck...

Just a heads up! I would have not even posted in this thread if it was not for your first post....

Good luck with your ups insurance claim!

Karma?

Last edited:

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
The OP is going to sell these rods for what he payed. And I can almost guarantee there won't be an issue with them. I'd buy them if I already didn't have a set.

Seriously, they are FN RODS!! It's not a kidney we are shipping around but solid pieces of steel that are built to endure thousands of psi of stress. Any impact that would cause them to distort or bend, your visually going to be able to see the evidence of this on the outside. If it was in an engine, different story.

So if they were packaged properly and returned the same way, why the concern? And if they were damaged in shipping, HELLO??? Shipping insurance?? And if you don't ship something that valuable with insurance then ur dumb.

Also re-stock fees are BS IMO unless it's a special order part that requires return to the supplier for refund or it's a part that was installed and returned.

Of course I would make the buyer pay for shipping to return and have insurance on it but if the pieces pass inspection then re-sell the part. If it's electrical, different story. I understand no returns on electrical parts.

It’s pretty easy to say you would buy them when you already bought a set and there is NO way you need them. I wonder how someone feels that actually is considering buying them? Anyone?

you must not be too familiar with how shipping insurance works.....

What about the cost to ship them to and from Carrillo for inspection? How about the Credit card charges? What about all the time this has taken?

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
Just a heads up! I would have not even posted in this thread if it was not for your first post....

Good luck with your ups insurance claim!

Karma?

My first post had nothing to do with shipping carriers at all. It had to do with paying that much money to return a good part and the fact that it takes too long to get parts in general. FYI it will get taken care of either way and I could salvage this part but that's not the point since I have a lot in the kit and take pride with detail.

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
So much for good customer service:mad: It is bad enough that people have to wait forever on parts and then you have to pay to return them

My first post had nothing to do with shipping carriers at all. It had to do with paying that much money to return a good part and the fact that it takes too long to get parts in general. FYI it will get taken care of either way and I could salvage this part but that's not the point since I have a lot in the kit and take pride with detail.

I guess you missed this part....

I'm sure Trent will get you taken care of either way...

JD Dave

In way over my head
May 19, 2008
Caledon, Ontario
Its pretty easy to say you would buy them when you already bought a set and there is NO way you need them. I wonder how someone feels that actually is considering buying them? Anyone?

You must not be to familure with how shipping insurance works.....

What about the cost to ship them to and from Carrillo for inspection? How about the Credit card charges? What about all the time this has taken?

When I pay with a credit card then return something do you have to pay credit card fee's if it's put back on the same card? I honestly am thinking about buying the rods but to be frank they need to be close to 20% less then new to make it worth my while. why in the heck would I buy rods from someone I don't know when I can buy them from a reputable source for the same price. For 10% less I'd just buy new. Just my opinion.

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
When I pay with a credit card then return something do you have to pay credit card fee's if it's put back on the same card? I honestly am thinking about buying the rods but to be frank they need to be close to 20% less then new to make it worth my while. why in the heck would I buy rods from someone I don't know when I can buy them from a reputable source for the same price. For 10% less I'd just buy new. Just my opinion.

The way I understand it is... If the trasaction is "Voided" the same day there a NO fee's either way. For example we ran the card for the wrong amount. If the transaction is refunded (the only way to put money back on the card if its not the same day the purchase was made) then they charge fee's both ways (purchase and refund).

Why do you feel that only 10% off is not enough to "make it worth while"?

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
It’s pretty easy to say you would buy them when you already bought a set and there is NO way you need them. I wonder how someone feels that actually is considering buying them? Anyone?

you must not be too familiar with how shipping insurance works.....

The fact I have a set of rods doesn't mean anything Dan. In all honesty, yes I would buy them if I didn't have a set. Because I would need them now!! I actually missed out on two sets of USED rods that I would have bought before I lucked out and got the ones I have. If they are guaranteed to be good, they better be is all. I've bought plenty of used stuff and had both good and bad dealings. And I would still buy used again.

Like I said, if it was made aware that returns are succeptable to a restock fee, then you got nothing to worry about-thats PPE policy. No need to get so defensive. I will say 20% re-stock on a catalogue advertised item and not a special order is a bit much, but it's not my business policy, just my opinion.

If the re-stock wasn't made aware though that's different.
Personally, if they show up appearing to be fine and in original un-opened packaging then why ship them to Carillo? Seriously. Like I said, rods, not a heart lol!

I know PPE puts out good products and stands behind them and for the most part has great customer service and I wouldn't hesitate to buy anything from them, re-stock fee or not. IMO this case is just one where the buyer maybe wasn't aware of the retailers return policy. Question is whose fault is it? Was it hidden from the customer, or did the customer over look the details of the sale?

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
From what I remember when I bought the Carrillos for my last built motor, they were individually wrapped in a corrugated cardboard type paper. There was no way for the rods to contact one another so they could ding into each other. Like Dale said, they're rods that are subject to massive amounts of force in a motor. If they can be damaged in shipping without some major damage to the original box Carrillo packages them in, they aren't worth the money anyway. If the Carrillo box is in perfect condition and unopened as stated, I see no reason to go through all the trouble of sending them back to be inspected.

Slammed2007Lbz

Super Spicy Tunaz
Feb 1, 2009
NE Ohio
I can't understand why PPE just doesn't knock the restock fee down to 10% and let the guy return them and pay the 10% that is plenty enough to send them to carrillo and get inspected and sent back. Im sure the OP would return them if the restocking fee was 10% instead of 20%. In this situation i think that would be fair for all parties and will keep a return customer. Makes sense to me anyways.... Dan could you tell me why this couldnt happen to make things right? He is still taking a loss and basically getting back what money he is trying to sell them here for and you guys will still be making money on the deal. Cause 270.00 is plenty of enough money for you to ship them to carillo and back...

Maricopaagent

Glamis Anyone?
Oct 10, 2011
Arizona
This thread is stupid..

PPE doesnt want any liablilty on rods they shipped out of their hands.
Cant blame them or any other dealer.

The problem with selling NEW/used product is finding the right buyer. Not PPE's issue. Personally, Im in the market for Rods real soon.

BUT, the need for urgency on new/used parts from a private seller is COST.. I want a DEAL(and so do you).. 2400 isnt.(risk vs reward) Can damn new find them new for that, from a company I can track down if they dont show up or have issues. If they were cheap, they'd be gone.

Ive got a bunch of PPE stuff, im not sticking up for them. I just know when the order goes in, i better want the chit. Cause once I own it, its worth less. (unless its real estate)

my 2 cents

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
I can't understand why PPE just doesn't knock the restock fee down to 10% and let the guy return them and pay the 10% that is plenty enough to send them to carrillo and get inspected and sent back. Im sure the OP would return them if the restocking fee was 10% instead of 20%. In this situation i think that would be fair for all parties and will keep a return customer. Makes sense to me anyways.... Dan could you tell me why this couldnt happen to make things right? He is still taking a loss and basically getting back what money he is trying to sell them here for and you guys will still be making money on the deal. Cause 270.00 is plenty of enough money for you to ship them to carillo and back...

Man I guess nobody is reading my posts...... THE 10%/$245 will NOT EVEN COVER THE CREDIT CARD FEE'S. Then you have shipping, shop time, Carrillos fee (if any) and MY TIME DEFENDING OUR POLICY/ REPUTATION FOR DOING NOTHING WRONG. We did not hide our policies it is clear and concise on his invoice. NO RETURNS AFTER 30 DAYS AND A 20% RESTOCKING FEE ON ALL RETURNS. What is so hard to understand???

I am here to help and will do whatever I can (sometimes even bend the rules a bit) to help out a customer. But in this case “it does not make any sense”. He will have no problem selling the rods for what he paid for them. But I will not take a pounding on here for NO REASON!!!!

z79outlaw

Apr 20, 2007
Salem WI
Man I guess nobody is reading my posts...... THE 10%/$245 will NOT EVEN COVER THE CREDIT CARD FEE'S. Then you have shipping, shop time, Carrillos fee (if any) and MY TIME DEFENDING OUR POLICY/ REPUTATION FOR DOING NOTHING WRONG. We did not hide our policies it is clear and concise on his invoice. NO RETURNS AFTER 30 DAYS AND A 20% RESTOCKING FEE ON ALL RETURNS. What is so hard to understand???

I am here to help and will do whatever I can (sometimes even bend the rules a bit) to help out a customer. But in this case “it does not make any sense”. He will have no problem selling the rods for what he paid for them. But I will not take a pounding on here for NO REASON!!!!

Totally unrelated but do you guys have battletoads?

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.

Pretty cut and dry there then. I'm with you Dan, sorry about his luck.

That said, I still stand by what I said about shipping them back to Carillo. Just doesn't make sense to me to do that. Or why if they were in an un-opened box you guys would even consider doing this.

Credit card fee's for retailers must be ridiculous in the US. Up here, it's only about 3-5% on a transaction. Interact is about the same or even less.

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
They may have a high restocking fee to influence people to keep stuff that they buy. Make it too easy to return and people will renig on their purchases

Status
Not open for further replies.