Carrillo Rods sale thread BS

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackdirtymax

Apr 15, 2010
augusta, ga
UPS always gets blamed for damage. Sometimes it is our fault, , sometimes its the shipper's fault, and sometimes its just someone running a scam to collect the insurance money. I do wish some customers would take responsibility for their poor packing practices.

That said, Ive seen Carillo's and PPE's level of packing quality. They both pack their products well. Neither company should have any issues with the "gorillas" that sometimes work in our sort facilities.

Dan, how much does Crower and Carillo charge to check a set of rods? That would be good info to know when guys sell used sets.

Agreed , I wish people would take a little more time packaging their stuff they send thru us . Your totally correct about people wanting Ups to pay for their shipment when they just thru it in a box and said Bon voyage !!!!

Slammed2007Lbz

Super Spicy Tunaz
Feb 1, 2009
NE Ohio
Maybe ups and the delivery company should do there job and deliver the package the way i pay to have it delivered??? There is no reason a set of torsion keys in a small usps flat rate box should show up on my porch ripped up and missing? That was the last shipment i had happen, i bought torsion key from James on here and the small little flat rate box came to me destroyed and empty. Ok sorry to derail lets get this thread back on track:angel:

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Who said anything about UPS???? feeling a bit guilty Tom?????:D:hug:

No, just 27 years of seeing things in our center that would astound you guys. I get tired of it. In this post you insinuated it, so I responded. Kind of a reflex for me. Sorry 'bout that.
Nope .... sure don’t. But we do VERY carefully look at the main box they are shipped in (BEFORE WE EXCEPT THEM).

Carrillo is a professional company and they know how to package product (as do we). The package came directly from them in Irvine ca to Fullerton ca (PPE). They did not come from them, to us, to the customer (who knows where else) and back to us again.

You guys know what can and will happen in shipping. I have received PLENTY of boxes that are just trashed, and the product inside was damaged.

Answer my question... If YOU PAID $2700.00 for rods would you want something that has been returned???

TheBac

Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan

1) Employee Fired, caused huge uproar, FedEx apologized, big emphasis on quality at UPS as a result.
2) Employee Fired. Thank God....what a worthless POS.
3) Hopefully fired
4) Hopefully fired, probably disciplined or suspended.

Sad. Truly sad. I wish you guys could see how the good drivers do things. We're like umpires or offensive linemen....you dont notice us til we screw up.

Ok, Ive done enough thread derailment for the evening. :rofl: I'll shut up now.

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
No, just 27 years of seeing things in our center that would astound you guys. I get tired of it. In this post you insinuated it, so I responded. Kind of a reflex for me. Sorry 'bout that.

I reread what I posted. I did not see anything about UPS, USPS or FEDEX, Just shipping in general. I will even include freight companies as we have had issue with them in the past (dropped an engine). Guess what happened in this case? We built a new one, we did not fix the damaged unit as the customer paid for NEW parts, Not rebuilt or repaired..

Sorry if you took it personally, that was not my intention...:hug:

Last edited:

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
1) Employee Fired, caused huge uproar, FedEx apologized, big emphasis on quality at UPS as a result.
3) Hopefully fired

Sad. Truly sad. I wish you guys could see how the good drivers do things. We're like umpires or offensive linemen....you dont notice us til we screw up.

Those videos are NOT the norm.....

We see it everyday! Our UPS driver is GREAT! He is very carefull, patient and an all around nice guy! as this is the case with most of our drivers.

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
3) Hopefully fired

I was just messing with you Tom i knew there were a couple vids out there and i was trying to kind of lighten the mood :hug:

TheBac

Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
I take every complaint about shipping personally. Poor service disgusts me. Its kind of like how you protect your product's reputations on here, Dan.

Please, lets drop this. Sorry, O/P. Can the staff remove all the non-WTB posts?

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
I take every complaint about shipping personally. Poor service disgusts me. Its kind of like how you protect your product's reputations on here, Dan.Please, lets drop this. Sorry, O/P. Can the staff remove all the non-WTB posts?

Agreed... That is why I am here...

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh
Wow! Well did not see all this coming. Well I greatly appreciate the good price but I believe there should be a grace period to return items. Most businesses have one such as summit it is somewhere between 60-90 days. Anyway as I said the price was appreciated however things change and opportunities arise. As far as opening the rods. I opened the Ppe box however the Carrillo box is inside of the Ppe box and the actual box from Carrillo with the rods in it is still unopened.

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
the Tags I am refering too are.. buyer done before, now buys a motor, think before buying

Whoever posted these Please PM me! Thanks

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
My only questions are if these rods are still in the original box with the original packaging aren't they well protected for shipping regardless how far they are shipped round trip or not?

Also what can possibly happen to them that even a amateur could not see without 20/20 vision? Not like they are going to bend,twist,stretch. That what it seems to be implied that they need to be measured and weighed.

Just saying

I understand the reason behind a return restocking fee but should cover the expense of handling you know ,what it cost the employee to open the box put it back on the shelf. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.