Carrillo Rods sale thread BS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
My only questions are if these rods are still in the original box with the original packaging aren't they well protected for shipping regardless how far they are shipped round trip or not?

In MY opinion NO! The more they are shipped around the more likely they will be damaged. Who is to say they will be packaged the same way we do when he ships them back?

Also what can possibly happen to them that even a amateur could not see without 20/20 vision? Not like they are going to bend,twist,stretch. That what it seems to be implied that they need to be measured and weighed.

Our box has been opened/tamper seal broken....There is nothing on the box that Carrillo supplies the rods in (tamper seal) to tell if the rods have been removed, swapped or tampered with. Just Saying....

Just saying

I understand the reason behind a return restocking fee but should cover the expense of handling you know ,what it cost the employee to open the box put it back on the shelf. :D

So what about the shipping cost and time necessary to ship them back to Carrillo? How about the Credit card charges? How about all the time I have spent????

Again we will not resell these rods UNLESS Carrillo give us the OK. PERIOD!

So YOU are saying you would be OK buying a set of $2700.00 rods that had been returned and not inspected by the manufacturer ????

Just sayin!!!

PACougar

Jun 27, 2012
El Dorado Hills, Ca
Good lord, I can only imagine the damage to these things once someone puts them into an engine:) If shipping and sitting in a box is a concern who knows what 4000 RPM and 1000 hp would do to these things.

z79outlaw

Apr 20, 2007
Salem WI
Good lord, I can only imagine the damage to these things once someone puts them into an engine:) If shipping and sitting in a box is a concern who knows what 4000 RPM and 1000 hp would do to these things.

Dont you remember the DuramaxTuner rods? They were good rods but they were shipped to a warehouse before they were shipped to Nick then shipped to the customer, after an in-depth analyisis it was determined that if they had been shipped directly to Nick and not the warehouse before going out to customers they would have been a viable option.

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
So what about the shipping cost and time necessary to ship them back to Carrillo? How about the Credit card charges? How about all the time I have spent????

Again we will not resell these rods UNLESS Carrillo give us the OK. PERIOD!

So YOU are saying you would be OK buying a set of $2700.00 rods that had been returned and not inspected by the manufacturer ????

Just sayin!!!

OH NO THE RED CRAYON! :D

Just saying is a figure of speech,nothing else. Now no I would not pay $2700 dollars for theses rods. Why? Because he is selling them for far less .

If he was to return them you know and I know ,les-be-real here,someone someday would pay $2700 dollars for them because there is nothing wrong with them! If they were packed correctly from the get go ,which I'm sure they were and unmolested by the consumer ,unopened box, then no damage was done in shipping if they were shipped around the world for that matter. Would you deny a order say to Great Briton because you felt shipping was inferior?

Also I'm also in business so let's not be ignorant about shipping fees,credit card charges, and man hours to have a return take place. It's pretty obvious you cannot be at a loss in a transaction and expect to stay in business for long. So explaining that to the returner is a must and if he doesn't understand then he deserves to be the ignorant one.

Speaking of ignorant I'm not and relize no credit would be given until merchandise was returned in resale condition minus fees. Just a hint , i have seen many packages that have security tape that cost penny's that have printed that NO RETURNS are excepted if tape is tampered with! Pretty cut and dry for a lot lesser value!

My only JUST SAYING is about the measuring and weighing of the rods cost. I just find it a little over the top and funny! I do believe we are on the same page your just taking it wrong as I agree the seller should not be out revenue because someone had buyers remorse!

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut

Exactly! Cardboard is a mo fo ! :roflmao:

TeaBagger2006

Im a Garrett Nut Swinger
May 11, 2008
Bis ND
Y'all need to shut the front door........ you dont know if the ups guy swapped them out for his used set.....

better safe than sorry

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
Y'all need to shut the front door........ you dont know if the ups guy swapped them out for his used set.....

better safe than sorry

True dat! Around here in some areas of CT around the holidays people were following UPS trucks to there residential drops then stealing the packages! Also I know it's a great big pain in the ass but how many packages are dropped at front doors and not signed for ? I'm surprised more aren't stolen,who pays for that?

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.

You wana buy them? He is selling them for a GOOD price! Just dont complain when or if there is a problem with your $20,000 race engine..:hug:

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
Dont you remember the DuramaxTuner rods? They were good rods but they were shipped to a warehouse before they were shipped to Nick then shipped to the customer, after an in-depth analyisis it was determined that if they had been shipped directly to Nick and not the warehouse before going out to customers they would have been a viable option.

See perfect example....:D:thumb:

PACougar

Jun 27, 2012
El Dorado Hills, Ca
You wana buy them? He is selling them for a GOOD price! Just dont complain when or if there is a problem with your $20,000 race engine..:hug:

Dan, I wouldn't hesitate to buy them if I needed rods. In my case before Guy built my engine I'm pretty sure they'd be inspected. In the absolute worst case/uncommon scenario I'd have to file a claim if they were "bad" and get my money back. I understand you guys are a business and I don't think some small restocking fee for your time and cost in unreasonable at all, and I would certainly expect you to inspect everything before crediting the return.

PACougar

Jun 27, 2012
El Dorado Hills, Ca

Unfortunately I don't remember this, but what made them unviable? Was it a communist warehouse and the rods were converted to FSB agents:)

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
I feel for the OP, but I sell a product in the sporting goods industry among other things. It has shafts and bearings and its all steel. When someone places an order we assemble the product which cost allot ot build and ship it out. The customer's wife finds out about the purchase when UPS drops it at his door. She freaks out and he ships it back. Shafts get bent and it has to be disassembled repainted and reasembled with new shafts. This is a pain in the ass and a big expense. After reading this thread my partner and I will also be charging a 20% restocking fee. The restocking fee seems high but I promise if you were on the receiving end of this crap you'd understand.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I moved all this BS here. Please keep it here. The seller is trying to sell some new Carrillo rods, not start crap with PPE. Thanks.

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
UPS always gets blamed for damage. Sometimes it is our fault, , sometimes its the shipper's fault, and sometimes its just someone running a scam to collect the insurance money. I do wish some customers would take responsibility for their poor packing practices.

That said, Ive seen Carillo's and PPE's level of packing quality. They both pack their products well. Neither company should have any issues with the "gorillas" that sometimes work in our sort facilities.

Dan, how much does Crower and Carillo charge to check a set of rods? That would be good info to know when guys sell used sets.

Well today I got my Triple kit in from Trent and UPS drop the box somewhere along the way and damaged my custom Y bridge. Its gonna be a pain since it has to go back to Trent and can't until UPS completes their part of the claim. Probably another two week delay

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.