Carrillo Rods sale thread BS

Status
Not open for further replies.

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh
Personally I do not see the 20% restock fee such a big deal, you guys wanna know what Cat's return % is on a $6000 cutting edge and teeth for a 992 Wheel loader? I have the receit.. That # will make PPE look like Lego's :thumb:

It all boils down to the customer making damn sure he wants the rods before he buys.

Most individuals don't buy parts or a 992 loader. Million dollar companies do. My plans were set to build a engine. The builder was even consulted with and time frames talked about. U can't predict the future or the fact that someone at anytime can post a good deal on a built truck. So I jumped on the money saving opportunity .So it has nothing to do with wanting the rods. Plans change! Situations change!

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
Does what warn you?

Our terms and conditions are listed on our invoice and on our website. I was never asked what our policy was when the order was placed.

Say before you purchase does the site purposely warn you that you can't return for any reason without loosing 20 percent. Let's say that I order a part from your site and it turns out that your part isn't available for a unspecified time. You are going to charge me a fee to cancel the order on something that you cannot supply? According to one of your post I would loose that money. Why should I?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
Say before you purchase does the site purposely warn you that you can't return for any reason without loosing 20 percent. Let's say that I order a part from your site and it turns out that your part isn't available for a unspecified time. You are going to charge me a fee to cancel the order on something that you cannot supply? According to one of your post I would loose that money. Why should I?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Where did I say ANYTHING about not having something in stock and charges???

He did not order it over our site. He placed the order with me/my staff on the phone. I was not asked about returning parts. I dont think he was plannig on returning the parts when he bought them.

We do NOT charge ANYONE for parts unless they are shipping the same day or the following. If the parts are special order we would take a deposit.

adeso

wait, what?
May 30, 2011
Minot, ND
Most places I have seen won't charge you till they have check their (or their suppliers) stock.<O:p</O:p
OP it sucks, and while it would be nice if PPE would help you out it is not their fault your plans changed. They are following the contract they have with you. Every place has a restocking fee, the normal seems to be from 10%-20% depending on what you order. 20% is not way out there and Dan has shown you how much it would cost them to turn around and resell the rods as new. Most places will not lower the restock fee unless it is a easy to turn around product and you have worked closely with them in the past.<O:p</O:p
So it would have been nice if PPE said hey, we can help you out and cut it to 15%, but I can't fault them for sticking with 20% and I won't think twice from buying from them over this issue, they are following the contract they have laid out.

TeaBagger2006

Im a Garrett Nut Swinger
May 11, 2008
Bis ND
I love my ppe pump... It stopped working the other day(bad relay) and I can honestly say I missed the buzzing. I do how ever regret beating the chit out of it with a hammer. When the hammer didn't fix it I realized I had an electrical problem. Pump still works:thumb:

My story has nothing to do with this point less thread:roflmao:

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
Rods are the heart of an engine, if there not right you've just pissed away 10k+. If I were to call Dan tomorow to buy rods and he offered me these I would not consider them unless they were way cheaper, more than 20% cheaper and he would have to agree to take care of my losses when my new piston hits my new crank because a rod was bent. As far as shiping ins. goes, If UPS destroys it and there are tire tracks on your package that match the ones on the UPS truck they still claim your product wasn't packaged properly. Ask me how I know, I no longer waste money on ins. with UPS. Its extorsion, spelling?, You pay them money not to destroy your shit, they take your money, destroy your package and tell you its your fault.

adeso

wait, what?
May 30, 2011
Minot, ND
Rods are the heart of an engine, if there not right you've just pissed away 10k+. If I were to call Dan tomorow to buy rods and he offered me these I would not consider them unless they were way cheaper, more than 20% cheaper and he would have to agree to take care of my losses when my new piston hits my new crank because a rod was bent. As far as shiping ins. goes, If UPS destroys it and there are tire tracks on your package that match the ones on the UPS truck they still claim your product wasn't packaged properly. Ask me how I know, I no longer waste money on ins. with UPS. Its extorsion, spelling?, You pay them money not to destroy your shit, they take your money, destroy your package and tell you its your fault.

USPS is the same way, fighting that now. Guess each person is different, it the factory checked them out and there was 0 damage to them I would pay full price

dmaxfireman

'Can do' kind of guy
Apr 8, 2007
CT
Ok everybody at this point this is nothing more than a pissing contest. For the moment this thread is being closed and decided later whether it will be deleted, reopened, or moved to the PPE vendor section.

OP wants to return rods
Vendor says OK please pay restocking fee
OP No
Vendor OK have a nice day.

Vendor did not change or make up new rules in the case, it is a standard across the board. OP your claim holds no water at this point IMO

**Kat beat me to it**

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Vendor did not change or make up new rules in the case, it is a standard across the board. OP your claim holds no water at this point IMO
Just to clarify, the OP never mentioned anything about the return thing until he was asked "Why not return them?" Then it all went down hill from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.