Buyer Bewear- Eric (alliance1289) Ripped me off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
Dan, I have one question. Are you the type of person that wait's until it's 1 minute before you go in the building to work or do you just go in with a reasonable amount of time? It's not about the time frame just that he did not respond when he seen it. Why would anyone wait until a deadline on anything?

I am not Eric so I dont know why he did not respond at that time. All I know is he tried to respond but couldn't....

Are you the type that would give someone a time frame and just to not keep it??

Last edited:

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Dan, regardless of what you or anyone else thinks, this isn't a job I take lightly. I feel very honored that Kat and Pat thought enough of me to ask that I become a moderator here. I can't speak for all the moderators, but I'm sure they feel the same way I do. I take my job as a moderator here very seriously, and I know Dmaxfireman does also. I try my best to act in the best interest of the members of this board and make sure the rules set forth by Kat and Pat are adhered to. I don't take anything I do lightly, and I always consider how my actions will affect the board. In my opinion, Eric was given ample opportunity to respond to the PM well before the 24 hours was up. There was absolutely no reason to push it right to the end of that deadline. I don't know why he was banned before the time limit was up, and to be quite honest, I don't care. I back up Dmaxfireman's decision 100%. To be honest, I would have liked to see him banned regardless of if he responded or not. He tried to cheat a member on a transaction, and people like that are not welcome here. I think that is the important part to remember here.

I don't want you banned (I'm assuming that is what you were hinting at with your abuse of power comment), and I think you are a valued member here. The point I was making is that if you don't like the way things are done here, you don't have to be here. That is completely your decision.

This is probably one of the least moderated forums on the internet, but there are a few things we do take seriously. When those things take place and are brought to our attention, we act and often very swiftly. I will not apologize for anything I have done as a moderator, and I don't expect any other mod here to apologize for anything either.

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
Dan, regardless of what you or anyone else thinks, this isn't a job I take lightly. I feel very honored that Kat and Pat thought enough of me to ask that I become a moderator here. I can't speak for all the moderators, but I'm sure they feel the same way I do. I take my job as a moderator here very seriously, and I know Dmaxfireman does also. I try my best to act in the best interest of the members of this board and make sure the rules set forth by Kat and Pat are adhered to. I don't take anything I do lightly, and I always consider how my actions will affect the board. In my opinion, Eric was given ample opportunity to respond to the PM well before the 24 hours was up. There was absolutely no reason to push it right to the end of that deadline. I don't know why he was banned before the time limit was up, and to be quite honest, I don't care. I back up Dmaxfireman's decision 100%. To be honest, I would have like to see him banned regardless of if he responded or not. He tried to cheat a member on a transaction, and people like that are not welcome here. I think that is the important part to remember here.

I don't want you banned (I'm assuming that is what you were hinting at with your abuse of power comment), and I think you are a valued member here. The point I was making is that if you don't like the way things are done here, you don't have to be here. That is completely your decision.

This is probably one of the least moderated forums on the internet, but there are a few things we do take seriously. When those things take place and are brought to our attention, we act and often very swiftly. I will not apologize for anything I have done as a moderator, and I don't expect any other mod here to apologize for anything either.

So you are telling me Pat/Kat are ok with MODs not keeping their word? On top of that you are backing him in his decision (that means you agree with what he did..) So your word is not good either???

As I said before JUST BAN HIM IN THE BEGINING IF YOU ARE SO WORRIED ABOUT IT!!!! I don’t want to see anybody get taken advantage off. It does not matter if its person to person or MOD to person. IT SHOULD NOT HAPPEN EITHER WAY!!!

Yes I understand it is my choice if I stay here or not. But I can assure you 100% that I will not stay here if the MODs are abusing their powers....(I have better things to do then play power trip with someone)

No one is looking for an apology... What I am looking for is DO WHAT YOU SAY!

Stingpuller

The Pusher Man
Jan 11, 2007
central Ohio
Then

He should do like he said and pay. Don't play games just do what you say. Also no I would not have banned him before the time but I also would not have given him any time. He has had enough of that already.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Just sit back and let things take their course..... Unless you want to abuse you're power also....

Dan
I'll pay the 200 bucks and F--k this guy. I back the mods all the way. You make it sound like it's ok to screw someone and give them the benefit of the doubt. WTF we are not the guys that did this. You try and turn the tables and make us the bad guys.
I suggest you drop this as you are starting to look bad. I'll pay the bill. I will get the money back. I am a very patient man. Don't matter how long it takes; I will get you.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
I have no business here, but if the OP is getting his money, why keep arguing ?

The whole point of the thread was to make the situation right again for the OP, Im sure he appreciates the help and spreading the word to the guy that owed him money for parts but is it so hard to just agree to disagree and see that main goal of this thread is in progress? So he was banned before 24 hours, some people dont like that, this is the reason our country is in the shitter, no that is.......

shoulda coulda woulda.

Least the OP got contacted, hope everything ends up being made right again. Ill let you guys get back to your disagreement

No, our country is in the shitter because we keep waiting for people to keep their word and they never do. How long is enough for you? 2 years maybe 3? By that time it's forgotten. How do you know that the contact with the op is just another bs ploy?

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
Mike had a great point. This guy got himself into this mess. HE IGNORED TREVOR FOR MONTHS!!!! Now another honest/trusting person in this world has turned cold and learned the hard way that good people will always be taken advantage of. Why enable this turd to be amongst good members? One bad apple spoils the bunch? Josh H and Dmaxfireman gave him his chance. Who gives a flying F if there was an hour left? He dodged Trevor for months, saw the thread and DIDN'T respond, and only made an effort to contact when his forum privleges were at stake. The mods gave him one last chance, why does Dan at that point get in the middle of it? A cop makes an arrest and another cop springs the bank robber out of jail kuz he deserves a fair shot to do over? He had his choice long ago to do the right thing. Ban the retard.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
So you are telling me Pat/Kat are ok with MODs not keeping their word? On top of that you are backing him in his decision (that means you agree with what he did..) So your word is not good either???

As I said before JUST BAN HIM IN THE BEGINING IF YOU ARE SO WORRIED ABOUT IT!!!! I don’t want to see anybody get taken advantage off. It does not matter if its person to person or MOD to person. IT SHOULD NOT HAPPEN EITHER WAY!!!

Yes I understand it is my choice if I stay here or not. But I can assure you 100% that I will not stay here if the MODs are abusing their powers....(I have better things to do then play power trip with someone)

No one is looking for an apology... What I am looking for is DO WHAT YOU SAY!
First of all, I can't speak for Kat or Pat, just like you can't speak for Eric. Second of all, I would not have banned him before the end of the 24 hours, but I don't hold that decision against Kyle. Eric was pushing the deadline just like he pushed the payment of the money he owed Trevor. He was playing a game, and he lost. If you want to think I'm not a man of my word because I backed up Kyle's decision, you are welcome to think that.

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
No need to spend YOUR money Mike, Eric is taking care of it. Although that is very nice of you!

At no point in this thread have I backed him or made excusses of why he did what he did...As a matter I fact I said "just ban him in the beginning"... My complaint is how the Mod "gave him 24hrs, but did not give him 24hrs" that is all. I am not making anybody look bad (well maybe meself) I am just pointing out the how much of a hypocrite he was being...

I know how you roll Mike....:hug::roflmao:

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
Mike had a great point. This guy got himself into this mess. HE IGNORED TREVOR FOR MONTHS!!!! Now another honest/trusting person in this world has turned cold and learned the hard way that good people will always be taken advantage of. Why enable this turd to be amongst good members? One bad apple spoils the bunch? Josh H and Dmaxfireman gave him his chance. Who gives a flying F if there was an hour left? He dodged Trevor for months, saw the thread and DIDN'T respond, and only made an effort to contact when his forum privleges were at stake. The mods gave him one last chance, why does Dan at that point get in the middle of it? A cop makes an arrest and another cop springs the bank robber out of jail kuz he deserves a fair shot to do over? He had his choice long ago to do the right thing. Ban the retard.

How am I springing him out of jail? I am not sticking up for what he did. I'm not sure how any of my posts reflect that, I have read over them a few times and dont see it. He f'd up that all there is too it.. Now I expect alittle more out of the MODs.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
No need to spend YOUR money Mike, Eric is taking care of it. Although that is very nice of you!

At no point in this thread have I backed him or made excusses of why he did what he did...As a matter I fact I said "just ban him in the beginning"... My complaint is how the Mod "gave him 24hrs, but did not give him 24hrs" that is all. I am not making anybody look bad (well maybe meself) I am just pointing out the how much of a hypocrite he was being...

I know how you roll Mike....:hug::roflmao:

Kyle gave him more time than I would have.
Look at it this way Dan. It has been what almost six months for this guy to pay? Kyle gives him 24 hrs and does not hear anything in a reasonable amount of time. You hunt this guy down on facebook and he makes another promise and now this is gospel? Check's in the mail?:roflmao:

Kyle is not a hypocrite; he's just not a believer at this point in time and did something about it.:thumb::hug:

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
How am I springing him out of jail? I am not sticking up for what he did. I'm not sure how any of my posts reflect that, I have read over them a few times and dont see it. He f'd up that all there is too it.. Now I expect alittle more out of the MODs.

Mods are protecting the rest of us honest people from the shady carachters. They gave him a chance and he blew it. He didn't even deserve that. Why did you need to get involved at all? Trying to help? Nice of you but that kid didn't deserve it. Let him face the music and HOPEFULLY he will learn not to screw people. Why am I posting? Trevor is a friend and nothing makes me more upset than good people being taken advantage of. And I applaud the mods for taking action and not being tolerant of wrongdoing.

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
Ya I hear you Mike... Hey all we can do it "Try" to help make it right, If it does not happen then atleast I tried... My guess after talking with him? A REAL check will be in the mail...
;)

TRUBBS

Jul 6, 2011
Eric sent me A text just now asking if I'd post this for him,
This is copied word for word from the text sent to me.
I am in no way shape or form sticking up for him & don't want it to come off as I am, just figured I could atleast post this for him as it seams he is legit about finally paying.
Text 1
I have NOT logged into the forums every day for months and months as it seems.

Text 2
I have tapatalk on my phone. And it logs me in from there. I don't log in on the computer

Text 3
All the mods are saying I've logged in every day at the same time. That was my phone doing that. Not me consciously logging in and ignoring your posts

Text 4
I got the PM from the moderator last night while in the middle of finishing up a friends truck and then packed my stuff and left casper last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.