Buyer Bewear- Eric (alliance1289) Ripped me off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Look at it this way, Dan. Kyle sends Eric a PM while he is online. He also saw Eric online checking PMs (yes, moderators can see when you are checking PMs, but we cannot see your PMs). He sees him online several times during the 24 hour time limit. I can imagine Kyle felt pretty foolish waiting around when he knows Eric has seen the PM and has had ample opportunity to respond. It seems to me if Eric had any intention of responding to Kyle's PM, he would have done it long before he was banned. I doubt he had any intention of responding, and I believe he justused the ban as an excuse for why he didn't respond. I guess my confusion is why you so whole-heartedly believe the word of someone who has shown he isn't trustworty.

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
Mods are protecting the rest of us honest people from the shady carachters. They gave him a chance and he blew it. He didn't even deserve that. Why did you need to get involved at all? Trying to help? Nice of you but that kid didn't deserve it. Let him face the music and HOPEFULLY he will learn not to screw people. Why am I posting? Trevor is a friend and nothing makes me more upset than good people being taken advantage of. And I applaud the mods for taking action and not being tolerant of wrongdoing.

Why spend me precious Sunday night off? To get Trubbs his money... Is it going to happen? I think so... Why would Trubbs not deserve a little help??

I have done nothing to support Eric or what he did. Not sure why a few of you think I support what he did (I DO NOT!!!!). It's his bed and now he gets to sleep in it.... Did Eric delay? Yes! Did he not communicate? NO! Does any of this effect what the MOD did? NOPE!

I agree the MODs should have stepped in, albeit about 1 hour too early OR 24 hrs too late;)

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
Look at it this way, Dan. Kyle sends Eric a PM while he is online. He also saw Eric online checking PMs (yes, moderators can see when you are checking PMs, but we cannot see your PMs). He sees him online several times during the 24 hour time limit. I can imagine Kyle felt pretty foolish waiting around when he knows Eric has seen the PM and has had ample opportunity to respond. It seems to me if Eric had any intention of responding to Kyle's PM, he would have done it long before he was banned. I doubt he had any intention of responding, and I believe he justused the ban as an excuse for why he didn't respond. I guess my confusion is why you so whole-heartedly believe the word of someone who has shown he isn't trustworty.

Please read the post above yours....this might answer some of the questions I could not answer, As I am not Eric...

You need to rember a few things... I was speaking with Eric BEFORE he got banned (I posted that on here)... All this did not happen after the ban.

No sure what to tell you other then "just wait and see" :thumb:

TRUBBS

Jul 6, 2011
Also, he wishes the whole ordeal be posted so here it is.
After I left II and went home I found Eric's "my first attempt at machining" thread and when he called asking me to come back down I mentioned I might be intrested in his soild straight centeink if he could make it work with normal gm tie rods, as I didbt like the hem joint idea on my DD,
So we agreed on trade for the heads and I was to give him "cost" for making one & he'd do the labor for free, he said cost would be $300.00, said he'd have one ready in a couple weeks,
Well heard nothing back & a couple months went by & I decided I didnt want one anymore, so I sent him the first pm, saying I heard nothing back & decided I didbt want to go the homemade centerlink route & wanted to keep our original deal, and still no reply, so again I waited & told him again I just wanted payment with no reply, so again waited, starting hitting up his threads askin about payment.
Then well you guys know the rest.

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
After I left II and went home I found Eric's "my first attempt at machining" thread and when he called asking me to come back down I mentioned I might be intrested in his soild straight centeink if he could make it work with normal gm tie rods, as I didbt like the hem joint idea on my DD,
So we agreed on trade for the heads and I was to give him "cost" for making one & he'd do the labor for free, he said cost would be $300.00, said he'd have one ready in a couple weeks,
Well heard nothing back & a couple months went by & I decided I didnt want one anymore, so I sent him the first pm, saying I heard nothing back & decided I didbt want to go the homemade centerlink route & wanted to keep our original deal, and still no reply, so again I waited & told him again I just wanted payment with no reply, so again waited, starting hitting up his threads askin about payment.

Interesting.... See there are 2 sides (3 usually) to every story....

Reguardless of what or how it happended you should of been taken care of a long time ago. I hope everthing works out for you... Good luck!:hug:

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
Sure is getting ahold of you now :rofl:

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Please read the post above yours....this might answer some of the questions I could not answer, As I am not Eric...

You need to rember a few things... I was speaking with Eric BEFORE he got banned (I posted that on here)... All this did not happen after the ban.

No sure what to tell you other then "just wait and see" :thumb:

There are no questions in my post. I don't believe the BS of an untrustworthy person, and I'm not sure why you would either. You said he told you he read an email about the PM last night. ANY reasonable and responsible person would have responded as soon as they saw the PM. His lack of prompt response tells me he did not plan to respond.

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
There are no questions in my post. I don't believe the BS of an untrustworthy person, and I'm not sure why you would either. You said he told you he read an email about the PM last night. ANY reasonable and responsible person would have responded as soon as they saw the PM. His lack of prompt response tells me he did not plan to respond.

What is your point? I get pm's all the time... Most of the time I respond right away, sometimes I wait till I have more time to address the message. If I was in Eric's shoes I would of thought long and hard as to what I was going to say. I would not of just sent a 30 sec message saying "checks in the mail". But this is all MY opinion...

arneson

Aug 14, 2011
stoughton, wisconsin
What exactly are u fighting for dan? Seems like your just tryin to push buttons or whatever your doin? Its supposedly being paid, why keep arguing? You helped out so far, what are u lookin for now out of all this? They banned him, he had time, there was no attempt, u dont need to write a novel, all u have to do is say u saw the post from mods and stick to your word and pay what is owed. They let him come back and all is good. But he chose not to. Thats the big picture.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
What is your point? I get pm's all the time... Most of the time I respond right away, sometimes I wait till I have more time to address the message. If I was in Eric's shoes I would of thought long and hard as to what I was going to say. I would not of just sent a 30 sec message saying "checks in the mail". But this is all MY opinion...
I don't know exactly what the PM said, but I can imagine a response of "I don't have time to properly address this right now, but I will be in touch with you and Trevor very soon." would have been more than sufficient. It took me all of 5 seconds to type this. I think my point is fairly obvious. I also don't respond to all my PMs immediately, but if it is something of a serious nature, I damn sure wouldn't have put it off.

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
Hmmm, Let see here.... I get attacked for trying to help somone out, I get attacked because a MOD did the same thing this guy did (not keep his word) and who knows what else...

That may have been the answer you would have sent. But if I was in his shoes that is not what I would of sent. I am not justifying why he delayed his message to the mods, just sharing a different outlook...

You intersted in my new book I'm writing?? "how to piss everyone off in ONE post"????:angel:

Last edited:

TRUBBS

Jul 6, 2011
Interesting.... See there are 2 sides (3 usually) to every story....

Reguardless of what or how it happended you should of been taken care of a long time ago. I hope everthing works out for you... Good luck!:hug:

In my opinion me posting that did not help his case, as all it did was showed another failed deal and more lack of fallowing through on his part.
After lookin around I also feel that $500 for a homemade center link is a bit much seeing how I can get one of your PPE ones for 100 less...

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
I don't know exactly what the PM said, but I can imagine a response of "I don't have time to properly address this right now, but I will be in touch with you and Trevor very soon." would have been more than sufficient. It took me all of 5 seconds to type this. I think my point is fairly obvious. I also don't respond to all my PMs immediately, but if it is something of a serious nature, I damn sure wouldn't have put it off.

LOL and how do you think that would of gone over with the MOD after all the delays???? If I got that message i would of hit the ban button before I even finished reading it...:eek:

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
In my opinion me posting that did not help his case, as all it did was showed another failed deal and more lack of fallowing through on his part.
After lookin around I also feel that $500 for a homemade center link is a bit much seeing how I can get one of your PPE ones for 100 less...

My post was not about it better or worsening his case, Only that there is 2/3 sides to every story and some of the delays make a bit more sense now (not siding with Eric one bit) shit does happen from time to time, it's all in how it gets handled it is what matters...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.