Brodix cylinder heads for the Duramax

Stingpuller

The Pusher Man
Jan 11, 2007
central Ohio
Yes your correct (Ne-Max)

You are correct I shouldn't do that. If Greg is helping you then good for him. You would be one of the few without giving him stuff. I hope he is helping you and mkes your project better. I also try to help when I can. I have helped a few on here. I just won't tell people what they want to hear. I also don't sell parts or try to push stuff that i'm not sure if it works or not. If I promote a product you can believe I beat the crap out of it and it's going to work. I'm sure I run a LOT of work off from my shop but I WILL NOT tell someone something that is not a fact or true. I get told all the time how I could have more buisness but I would rather sleep at night. Love me or hate me I will not lie or make stuff up to better my shop or me!

COMP461

Diesel Pro
Apr 29, 2008
Aledo Texas
Since I'm assuming Greg was talking about gas aluminum rods We change ours out every 300 passes Gas stuff is quite a bit different than diesel though. I can show you how to cut a light but the driving you have to learn that on your own. You use nitrous on the wrong end of the track for me. I use it to drive the finish line. Lol.

I would never run rods 300 passed, I used to pull them every 60 to 75 laps . I have gone thro 20 or 30 sets in my racing. but that is on 10,500 rpm comp motor, and they were light as possible. I have a big box of them I give away to kids at the track

These rods are the same profile that stands up to 10,000 hp and 7500 ft lbs torque in a top fuel motor .
there are only a few hundred grams lighter then a stock rods , I wanted them Beefy to start with . I did these 4 and a half years ago. since then I have went to GRP rods then same I use in my comp motors

here is a picture of them compared to stock and a aftermarket rod I have a few sets of
IMAG1031.jpg

580885_409492512420619_1524249396_n.jpg

and here is one of those comp motors 20 years ago when I was beating on it on the dyno

GregondynowithChevyV6.jpg

Last edited:

fishsmith

May 14, 2008
Monroe, LA
I would never run rods 300 passed, I used to pull them every 60 to 75 laps . I have gone thro 20 or 30 sets in my racing. but that is on 10,500 rpm comp motor, and they were light as possible. I have a big box of them I give away to kids at the track

These rods are the same profile that stands up to 10,000 hp and 7500 ft lbs torque in a top fuel motor .
there are only a few hundred grams lighter then a stock rods , I wanted them Beefy to start with . I did these 4 and a half years ago. since then I have went to GRP rods then same I use in my comp motors

here is a picture of them compared to stock and a aftermarket rod I have a few sets of
IMAG1031.jpg

580885_409492512420619_1524249396_n.jpg

and here is one of those comp motors 20 years ago when I was beating on it on the dyno

GregondynowithChevyV6.jpg

If we changed them every 60 to 75 passes we would be tearing motors down every 3 weeks We only turn 8200 and run 4.40's though.

COMP461

Diesel Pro
Apr 29, 2008
Aledo Texas
If we changed them every 60 to 75 passes we would be tearing motors down every 3 weeks We only turn 8200 and run 4.40's though.
you are getting good life , its all about RPM as far as life . I turned my Chevy Splayed Valve V6 10,500. and stalled it 8800.

we are only going 30 laps on a hone job now , the Tool steel .028 rings last forever , but the bore take a beating

COMP461

Diesel Pro
Apr 29, 2008
Aledo Texas
the mainstream head war is heating up , and will give us all the ability to make cool power with out all of the extreme boost needed now .
there heads on a totally stock tow truck with a mild tune will result in huge gains in cool air and reduction in EGT's

Now another part of the market has heated up Chuck at CN Blocks has a new block that fixes the problems of the high HP durmax's in a light weight aluminum block .

When I went to him for a block, I was of the same mind as him , why build a duplicate of the current block in aluminum with out fixing the inherent problems. Chucks block is one piece and uses all stock Chevy cams drive components. Pricing is under $8000. displacement up to 540 cid. I will be building a much small displacement motor. the block and crank combo nets a 200 lbs weight loss. rods will be Chevy Pro Mod style .

here is a picture of what the block will look like but with Dmax head 9/16 stud location

cn-blocks-home-page-bbc-splay.png

Last edited:

RPM Motorsports

smokinum
May 13, 2008
Central Valley Ca.
This the same "look at me" block you've been posting on forums for a while now, yes? We have a vendor who currently sells aluminum blocks, so I'm pretty sure you are breaking site rules with your sales pitch!

Roc8man

May 8, 2008
Any updates? It's almost 4 months since the OP mentioned Edelbrock looking at releasing their Duramax head...

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Any updates? It's almost 4 months since the OP mentioned Edelbrock looking at releasing their Duramax head...

These heads sound like a real great product! But I've never seen any huge gains from stock as of yet? For some they might be worth it, but unless the price is reduced 80% I wouldn't even consider them. But that's jmho.

Still happy to see more products for our trucks, though

countrycorey

Trust Me I'm an Engineer
Jan 30, 2010
LA
Mark talks about running a set of them on his truck in the 600HP DD input thread (post 210)

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
I'm obviously no expert but I've seen with my own eyes Cummins and Duramaxs running 9 second 1/4 mile passes with nothing other than valve springs. Price per hp seems out of balance more so than anything else in relation to diesel heads

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
Yes the price per hp sucks. That's why it's great to have big names like Edelbrock and brodix stepping into the market. They have the ability to make mass prduce these and hopefully get in a low price race with eachother after that. Then the smaller companies will have to lower it aswell to stay in the market.

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
I'm obviously no expert but I've seen with my own eyes Cummins and Duramaxs running 9 second 1/4 mile passes with nothing other than valve springs. Price per hp seems out of balance more so than anything else in relation to diesel heads

I feel the same. I could never justify the cost for gains.

Roc8man

May 8, 2008
I was really just trying to find out if Edelbrock is actually coming out with them as well since 4months ago the OP said they were looking at having them out in 4 months...

I agree that the price of the heads has to be realistic/reasonable to be able to sell them in any sort of masses.

DPC

Jan 2, 2012
Adams, TN
Guy I spoke with a brodix had heard Edelbrock was making them too. Could still be a rumor though, why not call and ask them

I did just call and ask them, I was told the project is being discussed, no dates yet. I told him brodix was making a dmax head and he sounded suprised.