Brodix cylinder heads for the Duramax

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
Vendor/Sponsor
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
Won't these new heads have to be reworked? $$$$$$$$$$
I bet if you install them as is they won't flow as much as a custom stock head. So now we are looking at 10K for a good set of heads.:dontknow::eek:

Flow data I have in my hands put stock heads at 183cfm intake/139ex
SoCal stg2 in the 230/210 range respectfully and the base untouched Bromax heads out of the box are 260/235 range and the DP Stg2 the Jeremy is porting and we are running on the test motors are 275/245 range. The moved centerline heads bump it up to 295/250 range. Jeremy is continually improving the port designs to get us more flow and I will continue to test them to see how they act in the real world not just on a flow bench.

Big difference we see right out of the box with them is that the flow numbers jumped quicker at low lift and didn't stall at .300" lift like the stock heads seem to. They continued to increase flow up to .600" lift. Hope this answers your questions Mike.

Pat-Two injectors really is not needed as we can go up to 500% over right now and are not having any issues tuning them. We are also seeing guys making up and over 1600+hp on engine dyno on fuel only with a limited single turbo so I'm not sure what your looking for power wise but we haven't come close to reaching the end of fueling with single injectors and commonrails. The truth is we are seeing better/easier tuning and control with the larger injectors. It is all in the setup and how your trying to make your power. I have 100%inj in mine and I honestly wish they were in the 200% range.

1slowmax

The break is over
May 9, 2012
Sin City, NV
Flow data I have in my hands put stock heads at 183cfm intake/139ex
SoCal stg2 in the 230/210 range respectfully and the base untouched Bromax heads out of the box are 260/235 range and the DP Stg2 the Jeremy is porting and we are running on the test motors are 275/245 range. The moved centerline heads bump it up to 295/250 range. Jeremy is continually improving the port designs to get us more flow and I will continue to test them to see how they act in the real world not just on a flow bench.

Big difference we see right out of the box with them is that the flow numbers jumped quicker at low lift and didn't stall at .300" lift like the stock heads seem to. They continued to increase flow up to .600" lift. Hope this answers your questions Mike.

Pat-Two injectors really is not needed as we can go up to 500% over right now and are not having any issues tuning them. We are also seeing guys making up and over 1600+hp on engine dyno on fuel only with a limited single turbo so I'm not sure what your looking for power wise but we haven't come close to reaching the end of fueling with single injectors and commonrails. The truth is we are seeing better/easier tuning and control with the larger injectors. It is all in the setup and how your trying to make your power. I have 100%inj in mine and I honestly wish they were in the 200% range.

:thumb: Awesome info

1slowmax

The break is over
May 9, 2012
Sin City, NV
I still would like to see what kind of Hp gains they are getting out of them...

That would depend on the mods of each truck so the numbers would vary. Its not just the HP you would be gaining though. The heads should be more reliable, efficient, better design. On a big motor build its sounding like 50-80hp is being picked up pretty easy.

COMP461

Diesel Pro
Apr 29, 2008
Aledo Texas
Just wait until the Dmax head is being produced for a while & by multiple manufacturers, the prices will lower to compete for our business.

The mainstream world is waking up to diesels . I begged Brotherton ( owner of Brodix) to do Dmax heads for the last 5 years . He was not interested until someone Like Jeremy stepped up to the plate and bet a large amount of money on this.

I know that this thread along has kicked Edelbrock in the butt, to get a head to market.

I think that by the day of the day there will be a head war like in the LS world

I have push on the Edelbrock head , but I would support Jersey because he put his butt on the line

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
If their using oversized valves, what is the new margin spec? Stock valves are pretty slim..

Stock valves have been the most reliable when compared to most aftermarket offerings. I would be willing to bet money that the ONLY application where heads with aftermarket valves are outnumbering those with stock valves and doing well is 2.6 and up classes in pulling.

Yellow Jacket

WannaBe Sled Puller
Feb 11, 2009
Waterloo, IA
The Hamilton comp 12v head flows something like 230/190 iirc

Is that there numbers or on one with a zz fab style runner intake

I believe that's in stock cast form, I know a guy who gets over 300 cfm out of the Hamilton cast head with his bench on 28" of pressure, this same guy put my SoCal Stage 2's on his bench at 28" and they only flow 175 cfm... Most diesel heads are flowed at 48" of water to make numbers higher.

We are way behind the cummins head flow...