Brodix cylinder heads for the Duramax

Yellow Jacket

WannaBe Sled Puller
Feb 11, 2009
Waterloo, IA
Pardon my ignorance because I'm clueless but is the number you're reporting (300 & 175) per cylinder or for the entire head?

Per cylinder... Cummins is 300x6 which equals 1800 cfm, Mine are 185x8 which equals 1480 cfm. Duramax heads flatten out above .500 lift and cummins head will gain clear up to upper .700's lift.

I was hoping someone would make a 2 valve dmax head, pretty un-feasable cost and ease of use wise, mostly because of injector location... A 2 valve head almost always out-performs a 4 valve head in any all out race situation. You can usually get much more unshrouded valve area... Just my opinion anyways.

COMP461

Diesel Pro
Apr 29, 2008
Aledo Texas
my heads done by Chris Franks at Frankenstein heads flow all the way to 700 lift . but peak is about .625 . the peak flow number are in the 265 range on a 4.125 bore .

at 28 inches the Cummins heads , 4 valve , because lets face it without electronic controls you have a smoke show and very narrow power band flow about 275 to 290. this is the extreme heads .

so here is the correct math
265 x 8 = 2120
275 x 6 = 1650

not with these new heads in extreme ported version, I see 325 +

I know thaw Edelbrock has fast tracked their new head after seeing the response I have been telling them for years would happen. their target is 295 to 300 as cast and 350 to 375 CNC ported

the day of the Duramax is here to stay .

Yellow Jacket

WannaBe Sled Puller
Feb 11, 2009
Waterloo, IA
my heads done by Chris Franks at Frankenstein heads flow all the way to 700 lift . but peak is about .625 . the peak flow number are in the 265 range on a 4.125 bore .

at 28 inches the Cummins heads , 4 valve , because lets face it without electronic controls you have a smoke show and very narrow power band flow about 275 to 290. this is the extreme heads .

so here is the correct math
265 x 8 = 2120
275 x 6 = 1650

not with these new heads in extreme ported version, I see 325 +

I know thaw Edelbrock has fast tracked their new head after seeing the response I have been telling them for years would happen. their target is 295 to 300 as cast and 350 to 375 CNC ported

the day of the Duramax is here to stay .

The common rail Scheid built trucks run pretty damn well, but I guess you don't deal with pulling at all! Because some of the best trucks in the US run the narrow power band 12 valve heads cement filled and hogged out past 300 cfm very well on the pulling track week in and week out... Maybe you think Haisley and many of his customer's trucks are using the wrong head, but results prove otherwise, lol!

COMP461

Diesel Pro
Apr 29, 2008
Aledo Texas
I would put money on a race between anyone of the good running 12 second street diesel trucks against the schieds rail and win in a real drag race 9 out of time times , with 7 second reaction times , and sure they guess at it and get a good light , but 99% of the time its unbelievably slow, and that is when it gets farther then the 60 foot mark.

no disrespect to them , but what they have built is not a drag racing machine . its can not compete in the sport of real drag racing where successful reaction times are in the .020 to .010 range

in Duramax 2.6 I do quite a few cam Programs and work closely with these engine shops and the power the Dmax is making is quite a bit more then any 12 valve . with CR technology's you can run 20 to 1 compression and tune around destructive torque. You will never see main stream head manufactures make a head for the Cummins. This is just not what they build , inline 6 cast iron heads . Now the Duramax head is a V8 and aluminum. There is going to be a head war , just as in the LS engine platform.

no other engine fits as easily as a Dmax in muscle cars , boats and purpose built race cars.

I have another Magazine project going with the Dmax just because its will fit . I have a Shelby Cobra replica car , and we are using all stock parts to make a 500 hp 600 torque , all with all stock parts . I just receives one of the new tremec 6 speeds for it today

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
I get a kick out of this thread! The heads are great, definitely not for the avg joe but the avg joe won't be pushing limits either. Just a lot of funny stuff in here :rofl:

fishsmith

May 14, 2008
Monroe, LA
no disrespect to them , but what they have built is not a drag racing machine . its can not compete in the sport of real drag racing where successful reaction times are in the .020 to .010 range

A .010 light will get you loaded up just about every night with the people I race with.

COMP461

Diesel Pro
Apr 29, 2008
Aledo Texas
A .010 light will get you loaded up just about every night with the people I race with.

I didn't want to scare em. yes with electronic box racing, a package needs to be tight . I raced Competition eliminator which is bottom bulb only , without a box, so its just a little harder. My average light in competition for a season was .027 which is a little close for most

these heads are no more expensive then the compound charger set up , and other big ticket items . I believe the price will come down dramatically when the big two Brodix and Edelbrock start to compete. I see a pair of castings costing $2500 to $3000 in 6 months.

COMP461

Diesel Pro
Apr 29, 2008
Aledo Texas
once the mainstream get involved it does. I thought priced on rods had come down, the going rate on good rods is what about $2000 now.

that is why I use aluminum rods they are less then $1000 and last a few seasons in a pure drag engine

Stingpuller

The Pusher Man
Jan 11, 2007
central Ohio
Really

How many passes does your motor have Greg? Them rods will last a long time. Boy I wish you would get yours done so you could see how Jared drives the Schied car. I wish you would show me how to cut a light and drive a car sometime.:rofl:I wish you lived close so I could help you get that rig running. We really need some pro's like you in this sport.:roflmao:

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
How many passes does your motor have Greg? Them rods will last a long time. Boy I wish you would get yours done so you could see how Jared drives the Schied car. I wish you would show me how to cut a light and drive a car sometime.:rofl:I wish you lived close so I could help you get that rig running. We really need some pro's like you in this sport.:roflmao:

This Chit is getting old real quick.

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
Yes but he's keeping it real and people need to know what's going on.

Well since all the Mods have a issue with him and him being full of crap why not delete him? I have seen him help others a lot on this forum. Even me. There has to be a better way of getting your point through then bashing him on every thread he makes. Especially if your a mod.

PACougar

Jun 27, 2012
El Dorado Hills, Ca
Well since all the Mods have a issue with him and him being full of crap why not delete him? I have seen him help others a lot on this forum. Even me. There has to be a better way of getting your point through then bashing him on every thread he makes. Especially if your a mod.

Don't take this the wrong way, this is a real question. He has 72 posts on this forum, how much can he possibly helped others on this forum? Most of the posts I've seen are from him tooting his own horn.

fishsmith

May 14, 2008
Monroe, LA

Since I'm assuming Greg was talking about gas aluminum rods We change ours out every 300 passes Gas stuff is quite a bit different than diesel though. I can show you how to cut a light but the driving you have to learn that on your own. You use nitrous on the wrong end of the track for me. I use it to drive the finish line. Lol.