Brodix cylinder heads for the Duramax

PACougar

Jun 27, 2012
El Dorado Hills, Ca
It is. But with them being the only ones in the market they can charge whatever. And people will pay it.

Well, a tiny minority will. The real problem is the company's don't seem to appreciate the amount of business they could really do with some what reasonable prices. They could sell an order of magnitude more heads with a price that is on this planet.

Dave c

Jul 7, 2013
Fully ported max effort stock heads dont flow NEAR what a stock unported brodix casting will.

For the price of bare brodix castings it's a Much better solution to anything else out there.

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
How much are the valves? I see the bare casting and CNC ported castings say the come with guides and seals. I can't find anything on the valves though. Anything in the rocker assembly need changing since the valve centerline is moved alittle bit?

Cknight199

Aug 23, 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
How much are the valves? I see the bare casting and CNC ported castings say the come with guides and seals. I can't find anything on the valves though. Anything in the rocker assembly need changing since the valve centerline is moved alittle bit?

X2. And what are the flow numbers between different stages of the head? (casted, ported, extremely ported, etc.)

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
The fully CNC ported heads are close to 100 cfm over a SoCal CNC'd stock head... I believe Guy used to say around 260-265 cfm intake, I've heard 350 cfm on max effort ported Brodix.

100+ over a stock worked head is what I have heard from a few guys. One person even said he got way over 100 CFM over a worked stock head.

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
The street cast heard was in the 230's exhaust and 2 70's intake. The ported heads picked up in the 50-60 cfm range over the as cast head. That puts you in the 100 to a little better than a stock ported head. Sorry you misunderstood what I was trying to say. Either way there is a huge difference in flow period.

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
I don't think they flow as much as ppl think. 270i and 235e and thats with .700 lift on there cnc ported. But I've heard from other people they expect 380-390 out of the super duper brodix. I dont think they get that.

Fahlin Racing

Aug 22, 2012
NE Ohio
How come we are still flowing heads at 28 inches?

I think I will be drawing graphs of these flow specs presented by Guy and others to see how the 'flow' of the increases proceeds.

SilveradoTwins02

Hopefully twins soon
Aug 5, 2014
Hanover PA
I don't think they flow as much as ppl think. 270i and 235e and thats with .700 lift on there cnc ported. But I've heard from other people they expect 380-390 out of the super duper brodix. I dont think they get that.

So if these numbers are @.700lift that is great. But what is the realistic valve lift on most street / drag trucks ? And Are pulling trucks using this much lift?

I know somewhat about gasses but I am still learning on these engines.
Isn't most stock lift cams around .390ish?:confused: