Allison lockup/unlock controller!!!! (NOW SHIPPING!)

bullfrogjohnson

Big Girl!
Nov 20, 2006
Locust, NC
Hope nobody gets offended here but I have access to many if not most of the High HP trucks.

There are three twinned trucks that the box can be tested on and any skepticism put to rest. One LLY and Two LB7's

Ben,

I am away for the next week but I can make some calls and get you two HIGH HP twinned LB7's to test the lock-up box on, if it works as you say it does you'll have two sales and all the doubts will be put to rest. The other truck is in Canada but he would be a great test truck as well.

Tony

You need to bring one this weekend with you and save me some shipping. I can test it at oakboro saturday night while you are hunting m-80's.:thumb:

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Last time I checked, the converter was made to slip lock and slip unlock.....

I dont see any issue with Bens idea...

well your a pretty smart mofo mike and i will just stfu

im sure that ben has done his research and ill will hope the best for his gadget:)

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
well your a pretty smart mofo mike and i will just stfu

im sure that ben has done his research and ill will hope the best for his gadget:)
Lol I wasn't saying anything toward you, matter of fact I only read a few last posts on this topic. I was arguing with the thought someone said the converter would slip and cause heat with the gadget. Maybe I need to go back and read a little more lol. The part where I said bens product should work is only my opinion, I almost put after that "but what do I know" but when someone says that it implies they actually know what they are talking about....me, it was just my opinion from thinking about it in my head :)

Simon, your one of the last guys I think should stfu buddy :hug:

Last edited:

Rhall

Old Skooler
Aug 12, 2006
Texas Y'all
His unlock has worked flawlessly, im just getting into the power range where i dont have to unlock as much anymore in 4th at the end of the track. Now were working on locking up when i want it to, it changes from track to track. I think i might need to try the new switch.:D

TNRGreene

Kicked to the Curb
Sep 2, 2006
Bradenton, Florida
His unlock has worked flawlessly, im just getting into the power range where i dont have to unlock as much anymore in 4th at the end of the track. Now were working on locking up when i want it to, it changes from track to track. I think i might need to try the new switch.:D

X2

StuntHeavy

Jun 26, 2010
So where are people really going to see the biggest benefit for this? Sled pulling? Kinda new to this whole diesel/allison trans world and trying to understand the need for this:eek:....In tow/haul mode, doesn't the tcc lock up in 2nd anyway?

For the non sled pullers, and DD/weekend warriors, what kind of benefit would this have?

Atouchofgrass

Jun 19, 2010
CT
Hey ben, any way i could possibly come and take a look at this converter lock up? I am very interested in it and would like to see it in person.. Hell ill prolly buy one on the spot haha..

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Hey ben, any way i could possibly come and take a look at this converter lock up? I am very interested in it and would like to see it in person.. Hell ill prolly buy one on the spot haha..

Yeah definitely! My truck doesnt have an engine in it right now, but it would only take about 5 minutes to temporarily install it in yours if you wanted to 'see it in action'.

Ben

Atouchofgrass

Jun 19, 2010
CT
Yeah that would work definitely! Just give me a time and day and we could work something out, my buddy kris (duramax hd) is also interested so maybe he could take a ride with me aswell..

duramax hd

Feb 27, 2009
CT
Yeah that would work definitely! Just give me a time and day and we could work something out, my buddy kris (duramax hd) is also interested so maybe he could take a ride with me aswell..

Im down to go for a ride Andrew. I would like to check out Bens shop while were heading up there! I am also interested in the lockup/unlock box as well so im pretty sure you will get two sales that day:D

Last edited:

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
Sorry I really don't feel like reading all the other posts right now. Have you figured out how to make an auto locker to force it to lock up in 2nd incase for what ever reason that the TC didn't want to. And are these all handheld controllers, I'd be more happy with one that I can mount to my dash and push on and off like a co pilot. (co pilot sucks the wires like to pull out all the time) otherwise I loved it

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Sorry I really don't feel like reading all the other posts right now. Have you figured out how to make an auto locker to force it to lock up in 2nd incase for what ever reason that the TC didn't want to. And are these all handheld controllers, I'd be more happy with one that I can mount to my dash and push on and off like a co pilot. (co pilot sucks the wires like to pull out all the time) otherwise I loved it

Yes, thats exactly what this module does. You can mount the controller to the dash or have it be hand held.

Or you can order it as a "builders kit", meaning ill just include the bare wire with buttons, so you can drill holes and install the buttons directly in your dashboard, instrument panel, etc...

Ben

Atouchofgrass

Jun 19, 2010
CT
Are you gonna be free this monday on labor day? I think kris and i wanted to take a trip up to try this out, and prolly buy 1 for each of us.. At least that prolly will go for me haha..

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Yeah I should be around, you guys are welcome to stop by. I will have a better idea of my finalized schedule towards the end of the week though.