AirDog and Cat 1R0751 2 micron absolute filter

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
You are probably right on the high efficiency filters not being sub'd out.

For what you get, the fuel filters are cheap from cat in comparison to the crap that auto stores sell.

I'll see if I can go by cat and get a picture of the cutaway.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

gmc502

Jan 16, 2011
For what you get, the fuel filters are cheap from cat in comparison to the crap that auto stores sell.
i agree so much,i'm bringing the napa filters back and going to cat.gonna save $14 in the exchange,win,win.
thanks all for the heads up on the cat filters.

gr8shot

Practically stock
Apr 28, 2009
Grand Island, NE
Cat filters are made by cat not by Donaldson or Baldwin.

Lol that's pretty naive, considering I've already said that I'm an engineer at the Baldwin world headquarters in Kearney Nebraska. Why would I lie about us making cat filters? I can literally walk out from the engineering department out to the production floor and watch them being made back to back on the same line. We make the elements in house, make the baseplates, cans, everything... then we paint it cat yellow, print the cat logo and info on it, and put it in a cat box that we print and put a cat sticker that we print, onto the box.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
Lol that's pretty naive, considering I've already said that I'm an engineer at the Baldwin world headquarters in Kearney Nebraska. Why would I lie about us making cat filters? I can literally walk out from the engineering department out to the production floor and watch them being made back to back on the same line. We make the elements in house, make the baseplates, cans, everything... then we paint it cat yellow, print the cat logo and info on it, and put it in a cat box that we print and put a cat sticker that we print, onto the box.

Bet they are not the absolute efficiency fuel filters, because I have yet to see one made the same way. Unless Baldwin isn't making the components but they assemble them.

Engine and hydraulic oil filters I can see Baldwin making.

gr8shot

Practically stock
Apr 28, 2009
Grand Island, NE
I can't tell you exactly what filters we make for cat. I don't have access to everywhere on our network to go snoop for the info. And its not necessarily proprietary, but its supposed to be kind of hush hush on all the OE branded filters we make. I've tried snooping though :D. You're probably right though, if the Baldwin cross reference # doesn't match the efficiency of the cat filter then I doubt we make the cat version. But ya, we make a lot of water separators and probably hydraulic and lube filters as we have some pretty good patents protecting some designs we have come up with.

Bryce418

Still slow
Oct 5, 2009
Bet they are not the absolute efficiency fuel filters, because I have yet to see one made the same way. Unless Baldwin isn't making the components but they assemble them.

Engine and hydraulic oil filters I can see Baldwin making.

I agree, they may be subbing out some filters but not there fuel filters. Stuff like separators and hydraulic filters that don't have low micron ratings.

Painkiller

Jan 6, 2012
Oak Harbor, Wa
I called Baldwin technical, the BF7632 is a 5 micron Absolute (98.75% per rep) while the Cat 1R0751 (7/8 thread) and 1R0749 (1" thread) are both 2 micron absolute (99.8 per documentation).

Dont want to sidetrack from the post... maybe I missed something but which size thread does the AD use? 7/8" or 1".....

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
I was told that the Fass Titanium can be easily nodded to fit the same Cat filter in case anyone wanted to know. I don't have a Fass to confirm.

crazycrew

Let's Start A Riot
Oct 3, 2009
S. Louisiana
I will be purchasing a titanium 150 and have been researching. The FF can use the 1r-0750!

Im not sure of the separator though. I have the Baldwin # but was unable to cross that to a CAT part! The Baldwin # is BF1275

pepperidge

Member Club 12
Jan 12, 2007
Slidell, La
has anyone tried the new Ultra High Efficiency Cat filter 364-5287 in place of the Advanced Efficiency Cat 1R-0751?

I'm about to spring for an AD-200 and wondering if their are any fitment issues with the new CAT UHE filter and the Air Dog...

here is a pic of the new filter posted on another forum

IMG_0354.jpg

http://www.thetruckstop.us/forum/showthread.php?21-Duramax-Filter-Guide&p=401137#post401137

The 364-5287 is an “ultra high efficiency” upgrade to the “advanced efficiency” grade 1R-0751. The most recent filter testing standard, ISO 16889, doesn’t test below 4 microns, so there is no “standard” to test these “UHE” filters against. The popular 1R-0749 & 1R-0750 are both “advance efficiency”, so the UHE filters go beyond those in terms of micron ratings. If space is a limitation, you can also use the CAT 306-9199 filter, which has less capacity than the 364-5287.

pepperidge

Member Club 12
Jan 12, 2007
Slidell, La
Thanks for that info btw...

My AD-II-165 will be here Friday
So has anyone found a good cheap source for the cat filter 364-5287?

my local Cat dealer wants $32 + shipping...said the only place his computer shows a couple are in Illinois...

If they are that pricey and hard to come by then I may just stick with the Cat 1R0751...

Colt

Jul 23, 2010
John Deere might have a fuel filter in that size if you just call one to check. They even have them for the 06' Jeep Liberty diesel. $6 each I think. They have cross ref for most in their computer if they have and stock that Jeep filter maybe.

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
This is a great thread. Took me a long time to read through every page but it was worth it. What I didn't find however is wether or not the filters suggested will work for an AD100GPH. I'm aware now that I should have bought a bigger pump but just want to make sure the Cat filters and PNs given will work for my pump as well

uga33

Jul 29, 2012
Not Duramax related, but it relates to the Cat 1R0751 filter. Assuming everything is the same on an AirDog for a Duramax and a Power Stroke, what would cause the filter to sieze up on the threads of the pickup tube? I swapped my AirDog filter with a 1R0751 Cat filter. Spun the filter up and it was making contact with the bracket and leaking a little when I primed it, so I went to take it off and it would not budge! It wouldn't come off, so I finally muscled up on it and got it off. But it spun the pickup straw out of the bottom of the pump base. I cant even get it out of the filter. Any ideas on what happened assuming the AirDogs are the same between the Duramax and PSD's?

photo9.JPG

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

metron

Sep 13, 2012
Buffalo, NY
This is a great thread. Took me a long time to read through every page but it was worth it. What I didn't find however is wether or not the filters suggested will work for an AD100GPH. I'm aware now that I should have bought a bigger pump but just want to make sure the Cat filters and PNs given will work for my pump as well

Would like to know this also.

Noreaster

Jun 13, 2007
Cape Cod,MA

there is only one fuel filter listed for the Air Dog 100, 150 and Air Dog II 165