AirDog and Cat 1R0751 2 micron absolute filter

jevanb

Feb 28, 2011
montrose, michigan
Nope. I had to replace the motor / tower today because the shaft seal let go and filled the motor with diesel. They sent me a new motor/tower no questions asked and did not want the old one so I am trying to find brushes and a seal to fix and keep as a spare

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

jevanb

Feb 28, 2011
montrose, michigan
5da619b0e854ffd2ed9439f9f441b40d.jpg
AD2-165

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
Edit: just saw the pic. You must have had a faulty brush to wear so uneven. Haven't seen 1 brush outwear the other as extreme as yours.

You can find universal brushes in a hardware store and file to make fit.

The seal can be found at any seal/bearing house such as Purvis Industries.

I just reworked my electric motor after it failed. Works great:thumb:

jevanb

Feb 28, 2011
montrose, michigan
Your brushes and armature are probably fine. Just clean them up. Even wear is normal.

The seal can be found at any seal/bearing house such as Purvis Industries.

I just reworked my electric motor after it failed. Works great:thumb:
One brush is almost at the wire so it needs replaced. The armature has some groves but the lathe can take of that. Where you find the brushes??

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
You found brushes at an ace? Damn I'm a have to look at mine now.

I agree that is some uneven wear on the brush...I'd guess current and amperage was different on that circuit. That's the only reason I could see that brush being almost to the shunt. That or it literally had a super crappy brush...high doubtful though.

jacobdewey

This won't last long...
Jan 14, 2011
The Donaldson that was on your fass is 3 micron absolute. It's a nice filter and good price.

LBZ-DURAMAX

Jared
Feb 12, 2015
NW Ohio
Looking at doing this and was wondering if I could just delete the factory filter and housing since it has less filtration than the cat filter?

LBZ-DURAMAX

Jared
Feb 12, 2015
NW Ohio
You can delete, but why? when more filtering is better

Just figured there was no point in running it through a filter of lesser filtration capability which isnt really helping and just impeding flow (may be wrong here?), along with getting away from buying factory filters, and to clean up the engine bay a little.... Just my thought or am I way off track?

LBZ-DURAMAX

Jared
Feb 12, 2015
NW Ohio
stock filter is 8 micron, CAT or Airdog is 2 micron, by the time it goes through a 2 micron filter, the 8 micron filter has nothing to filter..delete the stock junk and run an AirDog or Cat filter

My thoughts exactly! Just wanted to check... think this will be happening when the ad goes on using some of the left over line.