A sad day- Real life stuff

jmaz268

Lead from the Front
May 20, 2010
Springfield IL
On our down to our hometown....We haven't been able to tell my father anything that has been going on because he had the stroke a few months ago. And he is basically home ridden with extreme watchfulness over his blood pressure.

Gonna be another awesome day for sure.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

jmaz268

Lead from the Front
May 20, 2010
Springfield IL
Well ended up coming home, had plans on going south to my parents. But we hadn't packed any clothes.....and wearing clothes that I wore all day at the hospital, didn't amuse me.

Well Gabe passed away on paper at 3:51 PM today. He left the hospital at around 8PM. He was still breathing on a ventilator and his heart was still going. His Blood pressure was slipping all day and when he left it was at 75/40.....so he probably wouldn't have made it through the night.

We spoke pretty extensively with the doctors and nurses from the organ donor company. Every single organ/tissue etc is in awesome shape and will be used to help others. That is the positive of the whole situation. The only part that would need to be tested more was his heart.

But it still sucks when it is one of yours....

The part I think that has hit my brother alot is the fact that me and him are the only 2 boys in pretty small family. I only have a girl and that was his only boy. So unless me or him have another boy. Our family name ends here.

But thats for another day.

Tomorrow I get to drive home and inform my dad that his grandson passed away and we kept it from him......gonna be a long day for sure.

Thanks to the overwelming amount of support and thoughts. Sorry if I didn't respond to all of the texts, pm's or messages over facebook. I can assure you I read them all and appreciate the thoughts.

Again, humbly, thanks again.

John

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
This truly is heart breaking news, John. I want to give my sincerest condolences to you and the rest of your family. I wish only the best for all of you in dealing with your loss. I hope you receive some consolation in knowing your loss can prevent several other families from having to experience what you are feeling now. I know that probably doesn't help much now, but in a way, it is a living tribute to Gabe. I hope your talk with your father isn't too difficult tomorrow.

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
Very sorry for your families loss. There isn't much that anyone can say when such a tragedy happens. I wish you and your family the best ,again I'm sorry for your loss.

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
I'm so sorry for your loss. This has been on my mind since I first opened this thread when you posted it. I hope that, in time, you all are able to find comfort & peace again. Hopefully sooner rather than later. My most sincere, heart-felt apologies go out to your brother & your family. May God bring peace to you all in due time.

:(

jmaz268

Lead from the Front
May 20, 2010
Springfield IL
Dad knows now......took it very well.

But the organ donor company called my brother. In less than 24 hours....4 organs have been used.

Gabes heart went to south Carolina and 3 other things were used in the same hospital he was in.....

So that's damn awesome to me.

zacwht20

Feb 4, 2011
Auburn, IL
Gabe still lives on through other people... Still sorry about your loss bud... when i get home on leave we will drink it up to him!

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
Dad knows now......took it very well.

But the organ donor company called my brother. In less than 24 hours....4 organs have been used.

Gabes heart went to south Carolina and 3 other things were used in the same hospital he was in.....

So that's damn awesome to me.

Glad to hear about the organs helping others but still breaks my heart about this whole thing.so very sorry John just a terrible thing.:( If theres anything i can do please dont hesitate to call.

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
RIP Gabe
Sorry to hear John and hope you watch over your brother. Sad this happed to someone so young and not one of us thats older. The little guy just had a birthday I was looking at your brothers FB profile. I think it hurts us more that most of us have kids around Gabes age and never think something like this would happen.
God speed